Gurdy is a boss found in The Caves and Flooded Caves. She is a completely stationary large mound of organs and flesh with a single face partially missing as well as two arms which often signal her various attacks.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Gurdy herself only has one direct attack. She will duck down into her body and emerge from the side facing Isaac, and fire 5 blood shots in a spread out manner. Her only other patterns are summoning 2 to 4 small flies, or 1 to 2 Pooters from her left-most orifice. Occasionally, she will summon boils or green boils instead, either in front of her or at the bottom corners of the room in pairs.
Champion Variants[edit | edit source]
- Black: Black Gurdy will never attack with a blood shot, but instead summons monsters at a faster rate.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The first thing to keep in mind is to clear at least one corner of the room before attacking Gurdy herself.
- After clearing the area, maintain a constant back and forth motion to the side and in front of Gurdy, using 1/4 of the screen. By doing this, you can easily dodge the spread shot Gurdy fires, as she will not adjust her angle once she retreats into herself before firing.
- You can avoid Gurdy's shots altogether by simply standing behind her. However, you will not be able to easily see the flies she spawns, so you may be hit by them.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Gurdy appeared in the original The Binding of Isaac.
- Gurdy was originally supposed to be a pile of dead children, but it looked too confusing, so Edmund McMillen made her body made of guts instead.
- Gurdy's name is supposedly derived from a medical condition called G.E.R.D. (gastroesophageal reflux disease), more commonly known as acid reflux.
- Gurdy has been theorised to be the pupa of the Gurdy boss series, with the egg and larva stages being the Gurglings and Gurdy Jr., respectively, and the mature creature being Mama Gurdy.
- Upon entering a room with Gurdy in it, the player will usually be teleported to the bottom center of the room regardless of which side the player entered from.
- Gurdy shares her name with a level from Edmund's previous game Super Meat Boy.
- Gurdy is female.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Bugs[edit | edit source]
|Chapter 1|| Blighted Ovum • Dingle • The Duke of Flies • Famine • Fistula • Gemini • Gurdy Jr. • Gurglings • The Haunt • Larry Jr. • Monstro • Pin • Steven • Widow |
Dangle • Little Horn • Rag Man • Turdlings
|Chapter 2|| C.H.A.D. • Chub • Dark One • Gurdy • Gurdy Jr. • The Hollow • The Husk • Mega Fatty • Mega Maw • Peep • Pestilence • Polycephalus • Carrion Queen • The Wretched |
The Forsaken • The Frail • The Stain
Big Horn • Rag Mega
|Chapter 3|| The Adversary • The Bloat • The Cage • Carrion Queen • The Gate • Gish • Loki • Mask of Infamy • Monstro II • War • The Wretched • Mom |
|Chapter 4||Blastocyst • The Bloat • Conquest • Daddy Long Legs • Death • It Lives • Lokii • Mama Gurdy • Mom's Heart • Mr. Fred • Scolex • Teratoma • Triachnid|
|Chapter 5||The Fallen • Isaac • Satan|
|Chapter 6||??? • The Lamb • Mega Satan|
|Greed Mode|| Ultra Greed |
|Chapters 1-4||The Fallen • The Headless Horseman|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|