| The Depths II|
| The Polaroid and The Negative|
If not unlocked, then Boss Pool
|This article is about the boss. For the transformation, see Yes Mother (Transformation).|
Isaac's Mom is the boss found in The Depths II and is the final boss for the game's prologue. She is told to sacrifice her son by the voice of God.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Mom's fight takes place in the entirety of the room. Four Boss Room doors will emerge on all four sides of the room, and Mom can attack from any of these doors. She can stomp on Isaac, which is telegraphed by a growing shadow and her screaming. All of her attacks will deal a full heart of damage. She can only be hurt by hitting her directly when she exposes her foot, eye, flesh, or hand.
Standing too close to the doors will result in Mom striking with her hand. If the player isn't in reach and she isn't using her foot stomp attack, a piece of flesh will bulge from the doors and spawn various enemies. Occasionally, she may stick her eye out of the door, which is harmless and vulnerable to being attacked by Isaac.
Mom's stomp attack hits with damage equivalent to a bomb as it comes down, but the foot itself does no contact damage.
The Bible[edit | edit source]
Champion Variants[edit | edit source]
Blue Mom[edit | edit source]
Red Mom[edit | edit source]
This variant does not summon at all, and instead constantly uses her foot stomp. Her eyes can shoot three blood shots at the player when they emerge and she uses her hand much more often.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Using The High Priestess card during the fight with Mom will result in Isaac being stomped instead of the enemy with the highest health.
- Mom's stomp attack counts as a bomb for the purpose of healing by Pyromaniac; this means that Red Mom is nearly impossible to lose against with Pyromaniac.
- Mom cannot damage herself with her stomp attack.
- The stomp attack is also ineffective against the Host Hat, since it causes the player to be immune to bombs.
- Midas' Touch causes Mom's foot to be turned into gold before it lands, giving the player ample time to move out of the way and place bombs or otherwise.
- After Mom's foot touches the ground, it is safe to touch no matter what; as opposed to dealing touch damage, it is purely explosive.
- Mom can now spawn some of the new DLC monsters such as Dank Globins due to the Monster Variants of the original enemies.
Unlockable Achievements[edit | edit source]
- The Womb - Defeat Mom for the first time.
- The Harbingers - Defeat Mom for the first time.
- Cube Of Meat - Defeat Mom for the first time.
- Purist - Defeat Mom for the first time.
- The Halo - Defeat Mom, Mom's Heart, or It Lives using The Bible.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Mom is the only boss in the game to have a unique design for her name in the Versus screen.
- In the original game, Mom's leg dealt a full heart of contact damage.
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|
|Chapter 1|| Blighted Ovum • Dingle • The Duke of Flies • Famine • Fistula • Gemini • Gurdy Jr. • Gurglings • The Haunt • Larry Jr. • Monstro • Pin • Steven • Widow |
Dangle • Little Horn • Rag Man • Turdlings
|Chapter 2|| C.H.A.D. • Chub • Dark One • Gurdy • Gurdy Jr. • The Hollow • The Husk • Mega Fatty • Mega Maw • Peep • Pestilence • Polycephalus • The Carrion Queen • The Wretched |
The Forsaken • The Frail • The Stain
Big Horn • Rag Mega
|Chapter 3|| The Adversary • The Bloat • The Cage • The Carrion Queen • The Gate • Gish • Loki • Mask of Infamy • Monstro II • War • The Wretched • Mom |
|Chapter 4||Blastocyst • The Bloat • Conquest • Daddy Long Legs • Death • It Lives • Lokii • Mama Gurdy • Mom's Heart • Mr. Fred • Scolex • Teratoma • Triachnid|
|Chapter 5||The Fallen • Isaac • Satan|
|Chapter 6||??? • The Lamb • Mega Satan|
|Greed Mode|| Ultra Greed |
|Chapters 1-4||The Fallen • The Headless Horseman|