| Mom's Heart|
Mom's Heart is the final boss in The Womb II or Utero II. Until It Lives is unlocked, Mom's Heart cannot be continued past unless a Devil Room or an Angel Room appears, which allow you to go to Sheol or The Cathedral, respectively. After being killed 11 times, Mom's Heart will be permanently replaced by It Lives.
Mom's Heart doesn't drop any items or pickups upon death besides hearts.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Mom's Heart acts very differently from the original Binding of Isaac.
It has many different types of attacks, seeming to vary depending on the amount of remaining health. Many of the attacks are varying flurries of orbs that scatter across the room, which can be difficult to dodge. These orbs range from several orbs released in every direction while slowly rotating, to a fast moving line of projectiles released in four directions rotating moderately fast.
Mom's Heart also has an attack that shoots blood tears rapidly when she's ~40% lower on HP. Mom's Heart will also occasionally retreat upwards and launch blood shots diagonally forward in a spread, at which point it cannot be harmed and it will spawn various enemies, including but not limited to Globin, Suckers and Walking Red Hosts. It should be noted all of her attacks hurt her own minions.
After losing a significant amount of health (about 90%), Mom's Heart will stop spawning enemies and will begin to shoot four rotating Brimstone lasers. At the very top of the boss room is a small area where walking into it counts as though Isaac walked into the heart.
Upon defeat Mom's Heart fires a single ring of tears.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Using The Bible against Mom's Heart will kill it instantly.
Unlockable Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Rubber Cement - Defeat Mom's Heart 2 times.
- A Noose - Defeat Mom's Heart 3 times.
- Solar System - Defeat Mom's Heart 3 times.
- Wire Coat Hanger - Defeat Mom's Heart 4 times.
- Ipecac - Defeat Mom's Heart 6 times.
- Experimental Treatment - Defeat Mom's Heart 7 times.
- A Quarter - Defeat Mom's Heart 8 times.
- A Fetus in a Jar - Defeat Mom's Heart 9 times.
- Demo Man - Defeat Mom's Heart 9 times.
- ??? - Defeat Mom's Heart 10 times.
- Blue Womb - Defeat Mom's Heart 10 times.
- It Lives! - Defeat Mom's Heart 11 times.
- Darkness Falls - Defeat Mom's Heart 11 times.
- Pokey Mans - Defeat Mom's Heart 11 times.
- Godhead - Beat Mom's Heart, Isaac, Satan, ???, and The Lamb and complete the Boss Rush on hard mode as The Lost
Earn all 9 Completion Marks on hard mode as The Lost.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The music that plays during this fight is titled Ventricide. Ventricide is a made-up word formed from the word ventricle (one of the two larger chambers of the heart) and the suffix -cide, which denotes an act of killing. This theme is used in other tracks, such as Matricide, Hericide, and Infanticide.
|Chapter 1|| Blighted Ovum • Dingle • The Duke of Flies • Famine • Fistula • Gemini • Gurdy Jr. • Gurglings • The Haunt • Larry Jr. • Monstro • Pin • Steven • Widow |
Dangle • Little Horn • Rag Man • Turdlings
|Chapter 2|| C.H.A.D. • Chub • Dark One • Gurdy • Gurdy Jr. • The Hollow • The Husk • Mega Fatty • Mega Maw • Peep • Pestilence • Polycephalus • Carrion Queen • The Wretched |
The Forsaken • The Frail • The Stain
Big Horn • Rag Mega
|Chapter 3|| The Adversary • The Bloat • The Cage • Carrion Queen • The Gate • Gish • Loki • Mask of Infamy • Monstro II • War • The Wretched • Mom |
|Chapter 4||Blastocyst • The Bloat • Conquest • Daddy Long Legs • Death • It Lives • Lokii • Mama Gurdy • Mom's Heart • Mr. Fred • Scolex • Teratoma • Triachnid|
|Chapter 5||The Fallen • Isaac • Satan|
|Chapter 6||??? • The Lamb • Mega Satan|
|Greed Mode|| Ultra Greed |
|Chapters 1-4||The Fallen • The Headless Horseman|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|