From Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Wiki
| Technology 2|
(Page 2, Column 9, Row 5)
(Page 2, Column 9, Row 5)
Technology 2 is a passive item.
Effect[edit | edit source]
- Replaces the character's right eye tears with an unlimited range piercing laser which fires continuously.
- x0.65 Damage multiplier.
- The laser deals 20% of Isaac's damage per tick, compounding with the damage down.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- As Cain can only fire tears from his right eye, Technology 2 will replace his tears altogether.
- Because Lilith is blindfolded and relies on her Incubus, the only effect gained from Technology 2 is the damage down.
- Unlike Technology, Technology 2 doesn't override Azazel-inherent Brimstone and the laser can be fired while the Brimstone is charged.
- Technology wraps around Brimstone beams and does not override Azazel's Brimstone.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- 8 Inch Nails: The laser will constantly knock back enemies.
- Brimstone: Overrides Technology 2, but retains the reduced damage.
- Laser fires continuously while Brimstone is charging.
- Chocolate Milk: Tears shot from the left eye will gain the charged shot effect but the laser is unaffected.
- Cursed Eye: Normal charged shot is released when firing stops, while retaining the teleport on damage effect.
- Dead Onion: Overridden by Technology 2.
- Epic Fetus: Both the Technology 2 laser, and the Epic Fetus missiles will be active.
- Incubus: Decreases damage of Incubus' tears. Incubus does not fire a continuous laser.
- Ipecac: Explosive shots can be fired while preserving Technology 2 laser, and laser damage increases dramatically while also gaining the poison effect.
- Lead Pencil: Technology 2 prevents Lead Pencil and normal tears from firing.
- Loki's Horns: The laser will occasionally shoot in a cross pattern keeping the unlimited range and only attacking once.
- Marked: Isaac simultaneously controls a big red target on the ground and fires the Technology 2 laser in the cardinal directions.
- Mom's Knife: Mom's Knife and Technology 2 do not interfere with each other.
- Monstro's Lung: Tears shot from the left eye will gain the charged shot effect but the laser is unaffected.
- Ouija Board: Tears shot from the left eye will gain the spectral effect but the laser is unaffected.
- Soy Milk: Soy milk tears are replaced by constant laser, but damage down compounds.
- The Ludovico Technique: Isaac simultaneously controls a tear and fires the Technology 2 laser; however, Isaac will only fire the Technology 2 laser in the direction that the tear is currently facing.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- 20/20: Isaac has normal 20/20 effect while also firing Technology 2's laser. Fire rate of normal tears halved.
- Azazel's Brimstone: The Technology 2 laser continuously fires as Azazel charges his Brimstone. Damage is still reduced.
- Blood Clot: Since Isaac's right eye is replaced by Technology 2, he can only fire tears from his left eye, which gives all his tears higher damage and range.
- Chemical Peel: Since Isaac's right eye is replaced by Technology 2, he can only fire tears from his left eye, which gives all his tears higher damage.
- Eve's Mascara: Increases damage without reducing Technology 2's rate of fire.
- Fire Mind: Laser will set enemies on fire but will not explode.
- God's Flesh: Laser has a chance to shrink enemies for approximately 5 seconds
- Homing Tears: Bends the laser to damage most enemies in front of Isaac.
- Lost Contact: The laser destroys all hostile projectiles that come into contact with it.
- A Lump of Coal: Damage increases the further away the enemy is, on a multiplier that is roughly +20% per tile of distance. This allows for a mitigation of damage penalty from longer distances.
- Mom's Contacts: The laser causes enemies to enter a state of "perma-freeze" if constantly fired upon.
- Mom's Eye: Gives a chance for Isaac to fire the laser from behind along with his primary tears.
- Mom's Eyeshadow: The laser gains a pink color and a high chance to charm any enemies it hits.
- Mutant Spider: Isaac fires four tears at once while also firing Technology 2's laser, although with much lower fire rate.
- My Reflection: Laser is bent as Isaac moves, then gradually becomes straight as he stands still.
- Pisces: Laser can knock back enemies well due to its high fire rate.
- Polyphemus: Greatly increases the laser's damage, counteracting the damage penalty.
- Rubber Cement: Laser bounces off of walls.
- Technology: Equips two lasers that can be fired at the same time.
- The Mulligan: Shots from Technology 2 will trigger the spawning of flies extremely rapidly.
- The Wiz: Fires two shots aimed diagonally from the laser.
- Tiny Planet: The laser spirals around Isaac once and then go straight again.
- Spider Bite: The laser turns white and applies the chance to slow in rapid succession.
Ingame Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is used in Challenge #16 (Computer Savvy).
Seeds[edit | edit source]
0MHZ FGZR (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
EFWH 7L4T (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
MD60 R4Q9 (First floor treasure room)
DAJF RJ6A (First floor treasure room)
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|