The Duke of Flies
| The Duke of Flies|
The Duke of Flies is a boss that appears in The Basement. Compared to most other bosses, the Duke has little health and cannot even attack on his own. He makes up for this by summoning attack flies for both offensive and defensive purposes. The Duke of Flies was a boss in the original Binding of Isaac.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
The Duke of Flies has three attacks which he can perform while he floats around the room slowly.
- While moving around the room, he will cough up Attack Flies that will orbit around him, blocking shots.
- Occasionally, he will cough up a large attack fly that will move toward Isaac.
- These large attack flies will now orbit around him when coughed up instead of homing in on Isaac.
- His third attack consists of him coughing which will spread the flies orbiting him outwards, freeing them to move towards Isaac. He will only use this attack if he already has several flies orbiting around him.
- Upon death, he will explode and spawn more flies, and all orbiting flies will be free to move towards Isaac.
Champion Versions[edit | edit source]
- Green: Spawns Moters instead of Large Attack Flies and shoots blood shots in eight directions when coughing.
- Orange: Is larger than normal and spawns Suckers instead of Large Attack Flies.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Any enemy summoned by The Duke of Flies dies immediately upon making contact with Isaac.
- The Duke of Flies appeared in the original Binding of Isaac.
- The Husk is the posthumous version of him.
- The stitching under The Duke of Flies' mouth is an autopsy stitch, an incision in the shape of a Y. The incision allows passage to the cadaver's insides; when the autopsy is complete, it is stitched back up.
- The name "The Duke of Flies" is a reference to the demon Beelzebub, and an alternate name for the devil who is known by the title "Lord of the Flies".
- When under the effects of Curse of Darkness, a brief flash of light is seen when The Duke of Flies summons additional enemies.
|Chapter 1|| Blighted Ovum • Dingle • The Duke of Flies • Famine • Fistula • Gemini • Gurdy Jr. • Gurglings • The Haunt • Larry Jr. • Monstro • Pin • Steven • Widow |
Dangle • Little Horn • Rag Man • Turdlings
|Chapter 2|| C.H.A.D. • Chub • Dark One • Gurdy • Gurdy Jr. • The Hollow • The Husk • Mega Fatty • Mega Maw • Peep • Pestilence • Polycephalus • Carrion Queen • The Wretched |
The Forsaken • The Frail • The Stain
Big Horn • Rag Mega
|Chapter 3|| The Adversary • The Bloat • The Cage • Carrion Queen • The Gate • Gish • Loki • Mask of Infamy • Monstro II • War • The Wretched • Mom |
|Chapter 4||Blastocyst • The Bloat • Conquest • Daddy Long Legs • Death • It Lives • Lokii • Mama Gurdy • Mom's Heart • Mr. Fred • Scolex • Teratoma • Triachnid|
|Chapter 5||The Fallen • Isaac • Satan|
|Chapter 6||??? • The Lamb • Mega Satan|
|Greed Mode|| Ultra Greed |
|Chapters 1-4||The Fallen • The Headless Horseman|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|