It is accessed by defeating Mom's Heart or It Lives! within 30 minutes. Leaving and re-entering the Boss Room after the timer has reached 30 minutes will make the entrance to the Blue Womb disappear.
If the player is fast enough, both Boss Rush and Blue Womb can be completed in a single run.
It contains the following:
- 4 golden chests in the main room.
- Unlike the ones in The Chest, these are just regular golden chests and don't guarantee an item drop.
- 2 locked treasure rooms, both of them offering two choices of items as if More OptionsTwo items spawn in every Treasure Room. Only one can be taken; the other will disappear. was active.
- A shop that always contains 6 items, even if Shop Upgrade Lvl. 4 has not been unlocked.
- A 2x2 boss room that contains Hush.
- The door leading to the boss room might blend in with the northern wall but will slide away upon approaching it.
It is advised to enter the Blue Womb only with very powerful items and/or a set of good dodging skills because Hush ranks amongst the most difficult bosses of the entire game.
After Hush is defeated, one of two things will happen:
- If this is the first time Hush has been defeated, a giant golden chest will appear in the middle of the room. Jumping into it ends the run and gives ending 17.
- If Hush has been defeated before, a trapdoor and a beam of light leading to Sheol or Cathedral will appear.
- This floor cannot be skipped with We Need to Go Deeper!Creates a trapdoor to go to the next floor. If used in The Womb, it will create a trapdoor to Sheol, even if the player hasn't unlocked it. or EhwazCreates a trapdoor leading to the next floor. Has an estimated 1/12 (8%) chance to spawn a door to a Crawl Space instead.; both will not affect.
- The floor can be skipped if a black market is found.
- The Blue Womb has its own Devil room/Angel room which can be reached via a red chest or a JokerTeleports you to the Devil Room or Angel Room. card.
- The displayed name of the chapter is ???, but the chapter is referred to as Blue Womb by the achievement, using the same logic as the character ???.
- The character ??? and the Blue Womb have the same unlock requirements.
- Blue Womb is unique as the only chapter that can be optionally done between mandatory chapters.
- Blue Womb is the smallest chapter, only containing 6 normally accessible rooms.
- In Isaac's last will, the Blue Womb is referred to as "some barren place".
The Blue Womb's music is called Mater Prope or Nativitate. These names are in Latin and translate to "Almost Mother" and "Birth" respectively.
The tracks that play during the battle against Hush are called Ascension (the ??? boss fight music; played during Hush's first phase, which is similar to Blue Baby) and Morituros (during the second phase).
|Mom's Heart Unlocks|
|A NooseDefeat Mom's Heart 3 timesA QuarterDefeat Mom's Heart 8 timesA Fetus in a JarDefeat Mom's Heart 9 times???Defeat Mom's Heart 10 timesEverything Is Terrible!!!Defeat Mom's Heart 5 timesIt Lives!Defeat Mom's Heart 11 timesWire Coat HangerDefeat Mom's Heart 4 timesIpecacDefeat Mom's Heart 6 timesExperimental TreatmentDefeat Mom's Heart 7 timesRubber CementDefeat Mom's Heart 2 timesDarkness FallsDefeat Mom's Heart 11 timesSolar SystemDefeat Mom's Heart 3 timesSuicide KingDefeat Mom's Heart 11 timesDemo ManDefeat Mom's Heart 9 timesLost BabyDefeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as IsaacCute BabyDefeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as MagdaleneCrow BabyDefeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as EveShadow BabyDefeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as JudasGlass BabyDefeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as CainWrapped Baby Defeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as Azazel
Defeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as LazarusBegotten Baby Defeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as Lazarus
Defeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as AzazelDead BabyDefeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as ???-0- BabyDefeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as The LostGlitch BabyDefeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as EdenFighting BabyDefeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as Samson
|Goat Head BabyDefeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as LilithBlue WombDefeat Mom's Heart 10 timesSuper Greed BabyDefeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as KeeperBlue BomberDestroy 10 tinted rocks and defeat Mom's Heart 11 times||Pokey MansDefeat Mom's Heart 11 timesSmelterDefeat Mom's Heart or It Lives! on hard mode as ApollyonBurning BasementDefeat Mom's Heart 11 timesMarrowDefeat Mom's Heart or It Lives! on hard mode as The Forgotten|
|Chapter 1||Chapter 2||Chapter 3||Chapter 4||Optional||Chapter 5||Chapter 6||Endgame|
|The Basement||The Caves||The Depths||The Womb|
|The Cellar||The Catacombs||Necropolis||Utero||???||The Void|
|Burning Basement||Flooded Caves||Dank Depths||Scarred Womb|
|The Basement||The Caves||The Depths||The Womb||Sheol||The Shop||Ultra Greed|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|