|This article is about the boss at the end of The Chest. For other uses, see ??? (Disambiguation). For other uses, see ??? (Disambiguation).|
??? is the boss of The Chest, accessed by defeating Isaac in the Cathedral while holding The Polaroid, which is always dropped by Mom after defeating Isaac five times. He is a posthumous version of Isaac, and the final boss of Ending 14.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
During all three of ???'s phases, he will always shoot multiple bullets in the player's direction at fixed intervals at a faster rate than Isaac. After taking enough damage, he will begin to shoot double bullets and homing bullets.
??? will not begin attacking the player until he takes damage.
- Shoots seven or eight rapid-fire lines of bullets in all directions with varying intensity and speed. After taking enough damage, these lines will curve.
- After taking enough damage, ??? will Shoot eight lines of two bullets in all directions that curve as they move. Each line consist of one normal bullet and one homing bullet.
- Two Eternal Flies begin to circle ???, occasionally blocking tears.
- Summons Attack Flies, Moters or Pooters to orbit around himself.
- Fires 4 homing bullets in a lop-sided X pattern.
- Fires 8 homing bullets in all directions.
- Spawns flies more aggressively.
- ??? will teleport at a distance in front of the player, either in the last direction he was moving or directly onto the player if he didn't move at all. ??? will not teleport if he is slowed (e.g. with a Stop Watch).
- Uses the two curved line shots from the first phase.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
??? as one of Delirium's forms.
Unlockable Items[edit | edit source]
In addition, beating ??? with a particular character for the first time will place a Polaroid Completion Mark on that character's post-it note.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- ??? was added in the Wrath of the Lamb DLC for the original The Binding of Isaac.
- The music that plays during this boss fight is titled Ascension. The term "ascend" is typically used in religion as the act of one's soul rising to Heaven.
- ???, along with Isaac, are the only two bosses who do not "die" upon losing all their health. Instead, ??? teleports away and the battle ends.
- ??? is commonly referred to as the 'blue baby' by the Binding of Isaac community, as well as Steam Achievements.
- An identical ??? fight, with identical behavior and music, is used as the first phase of Hush, using a different sprite. The Hush version also has half the HP.
- Delirium's ??? form is one of its only forms that don't have any melted features, along with both of the Angels.
References[edit | edit source]
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|