Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
20/20 is a passive item.
Effect[edit | edit source]
- Isaac fires two tears at once, one from each eye.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Unlike other multiple shot items like Mutant SpiderGrants quadruple shot but decreases tears. or The Inner EyeGrants triple shot but decreases tears., 20/20 does not reduce rate of fire, effectively doubling damage per second potential. However, it does not synergize with as many items as the other shot multipliers do.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Blood ClotIncreases damage by 1 and range by 5 for tears fired from the left eye. / Chemical PeelTears fired from left eye do increased damage.: Every second row of tears has increased damage.
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: Two brimstone shots are fired, without an increase in charge time.
- DiplopiaDuplicates all pickups and item pedestals in the room.: When doubled, fires 4 tightly packed tears.
- Doctor's RemoteSets a big red target on the ground (similar to the Epic Fetus item) which can be controlled with tear controls. After 6 seconds or by pressing space again, a huge explosive missile hits it, which damages all enemies caught in its blast radius. / Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Replaces the single missile strike with a barrage of two consecutive missiles.
- The Inner EyeGrants triple shot but decreases tears. / Mutant SpiderGrants quadruple shot but decreases tears.: Adds two tears to each shot, with no extra fire rate decrease.
- Keeper: Fires 5 tears with no fire rate decrease.
- Kidney StoneRandomly while firing tears, Isaac will stop firing and turn red, where he will charge and release a lot of 'tears' in one go. In the burst of tears is a kidney stone which deals a lot of damage.: Increase number of tears in tear barrage; however, only fires one stone.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: The Ludovico tear gains one smaller tear orbiting the main one, each dealing the same amount of damage.
- Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: Adds two tears to the tear barrage, for a total of 16.
- SprinklerUpon use, spawns a sprinkler that rotates and fires tears.: Fires two tears at once that almost completely overlap each other.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: Two technology shots are fired simultaneously.
- Tractor BeamIsaac emits a beam from his face. Isaac's tears travel in the path of the beam.: Both tears are fired along the beam. Only one tear can be seen, as they overlap each other.
- The WizTears simultaneously fire out of both eyes diagonally, similar to the effect of the R U A Wizard? pill. Isaac's tears also travel above all obstacles.: Two tears are fired in each direction.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: Overrides 20/20.
- The Inner EyeGrants triple shot but decreases tears.: Overrides 20/20.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: Overrides 20/20.
- Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: Overrides 20/20.
- Mutant SpiderGrants quadruple shot but decreases tears.: Overrides 20/20.
- Sad Bombs+5 Bombs. Upon exploding, bombs shoot 8 tears off in every direction, similar to Tammy's Head. The tears are affected by any tear modifiers Isaac has on his own tears.: Does not affect the amount of tears when bombs explode.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: Overrides 20/20.
- Varicose VeinsTaking damage releases a ring of 10 high damage tears.: No effect on amount of tears when taking damage.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- 20/20 is an idiom that refers to someone with near perfect vision.
- Curiously, Isaac can throw tears even though his eyes are covered by lenses.
- Despite only having one eye, Cain shoots two tears at once with this item.
- 20/20's icon is white-tinted in Afterbirth.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
77H1 T20K (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
STDX QSC8 (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
NYJK 3QDN (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
AFJE 9RXX (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
Y6FY DZH6 (Treasure room next to spawn)
GD7V 66ZX (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
92SM AXWG (Treasure room next to spawn)
H3Y3 X22S (First floor treasure room)
228H QN22 (First floor treasure room above spawn)
Eden starts with it)GBDPZXGJ (
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|