20/20 is a passive item.
Effect[edit | edit source]
- Isaac fires two tears at once, one from each eye.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Unlike other multiple shot items like Mutant SpiderGrants quadruple shot but decreases tears. or The Inner EyeGrants triple shot but decreases tears., 20/20 does not reduce rate of fire, effectively doubling damage per second potential. However, it does not synergize with as many items as the other shot multipliers do.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Angelic PrismGrants a prism orbital with a large orbital radius. Tears that pass through the prism split into four multi-colored tears.: Tears will be quadrupled when passing through the prism, resulting in 8 tears.
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: Two brimstone shots are fired, without an increase in charge time.
- Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle./ Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's./ The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.: Fires two tears that all split into burst tears.
- Cursed EyeGrants charged tears that can be fired in a tight burst of four. Getting hit while charging will teleport Isaac into another room.: At full charge, fires 2 rows of 4 tears, resulting in 8 tears.
- DiplopiaDuplicates all pickups and item pedestals in the room.: Effects stack, resulting in 4 tightly packed tears being shot.
- Doctor's RemoteSets a big red target on the ground (similar to the Epic Fetus item) which can be controlled with tear controls. After 6 seconds or by pressing space again, a huge explosive missile hits it, which damages all enemies caught in its blast radius./ Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Replaces the single missile strike with a barrage of two consecutive missiles.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide a fixed range after being fired.: Two bombs are thrown at once.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: Two explosives are fired at once.
- The Inner EyeGrants triple shot but decreases tears.: 5 shots are fired with a decrease in fire rate.
- Kidney StoneRandomly while firing tears, Isaac will stop firing and turn red, where he will charge and release a lot of 'tears' in one go. In the burst of tears is a kidney stone which deals a lot of damage.: Increase number of tears in tear barrage; however, only fires one stone.
- LachryphagyIsaac's tears decelerate as they travel. Upon stopping or hitting an obstacle, they burst into 8 tears in all directions. Tears can be fired into other tears to feed them, increasing their damage.: Makes it easier to feed tears.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: The Ludovico tear gains one smaller tear orbiting the main one.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: Two knives are fired at once.
- Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: Adds more tears to the tear barrage.
- Mutant SpiderGrants quadruple shot but decreases tears.: 6 shots are fired with a decrease in fire rate.
- PolyphemusMakes Isaac shoot one huge tear. Also reduces Tears to minimum. Damage increased . If tear does more damage than an enemy's life, the tear continues to travel with the extra remaining damage.: 2 big shots are fired.
- Rubber CementTears bounce off walls, enemies, and environmental objects.: Both tears will bounce off walls and obstacles.
- Soy MilkTears shrink and do much less damage, but fire in very rapid succession.: Rapidly shoots two streams of tears.
- SprinklerUpon use, spawns a sprinkler that rotates and fires tears.: Fires two tears at once that almost completely overlap each other.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: Two technology shots are fired simultaneously.
- Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.: Fires two laser rings at once.
- Tractor BeamIsaac emits a beam from his face. Isaac's tears travel in the path of the beam.: Both tears are fired along the beam. Only one tear can be seen, as they overlap each other.
- TrisagionTears are replaced with piercing white blasts of light.: Fires two beams that almost completely overlap.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Azazel: Fires two short ranged brimstone beams that overlap.
- Blood ClotIncreases damage by 1 and range by 5 for tears fired from the left eye.: Every second row of tears has increased damage.
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: Overrides 20/20.
- Chemical PeelTears fired from left eye do increased damage.: Every second row of tears has increased damage.
- The Forgotten: Doubles bones thrown and swung.
- The Inner EyeGrants triple shot but decreases tears.: Overrides 20/20.
- Keeper: Fires 5 tears.
- Loki's HornsGives a random chance for projectiles to fire in all 4 cardinal directions.: Only occasionally fires one tear in the other three directions.
- Mom's EyeAllows Isaac to fire tears from the back of his head.: Only occasionally fires one tear out of the back of Isaac's head.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: Overrides 20/20.
- Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: Overrides 20/20.
- Mutant SpiderGrants quadruple shot but decreases tears.: Overrides 20/20.
- Sad Bombs+5 Bombs. Upon exploding, bombs shoot 8 tears off in every direction, similar to Tammy's Head. The tears are affected by any tear modifiers Isaac has on his own tears.: Does not affect the amount of tears when bombs explode.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: Overrides 20/20.
- Varicose VeinsTaking damage releases a ring of 10 high damage tears.: No effect on amount of tears when taking damage.
- The WizTears simultaneously fire out of both eyes diagonally, similar to the effect of the R U A Wizard? pill. Isaac's tears also travel above all obstacles.: Two tears are fired in each direction.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- 20/20 is an idiom that refers to someone with near perfect vision.
- Curiously, Isaac can throw tears even though his eyes are covered by lenses.
- Despite only having one eye, Cain shoots two tears at once with this item.
- 20/20's icon is white-tinted in Afterbirth.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Seeds[edit | edit source]
77H1 T20K (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
STDX QSC8 (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
NYJK 3QDN (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
AFJE 9RXX (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
Y6FY DZH6 (Treasure room next to spawn)
GD7V 66ZX (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
92SM AXWG (Treasure room next to spawn)
H3Y3 X22S (First floor treasure room)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|