Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
8 Inch Nails
Effects[edit | edit source]
- +1.5 Damage up.
- Isaac's tears are replaced with nails, which have increased knockback.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Does not grant penetrative shots, despite the appearance of Isaac's tears.
- Any item that normally colors Isaac's tears red will cause the nails to become bloody.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- BlisterIncreases knockback of tears.: The knockback from Blister is stronger than from 8 Inch Nails, and knockback boosts do not stack.
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: The beam gains knockback.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired. / Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote. / IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: Explosions also gain increased knockback.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: The controlled tear gains knockback.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: The knife gains knockback.
- Piercing tears: Allows tears to knock enemies back again.
- Tech.5Grants a unlimited range piercing laser with random rate of fire that does not replace tears. The laser might occasionally fire with the effect of a random item or trinket, such as Hook Worm, Spoon Bender or Tiny Planet. / Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring. / TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range. / Technology 2Decreases damage and replaces right eye tears with a unlimited range, piercing laser which fires continuously.: The lasers gain knockback.
- TrisagionTears are replaced with piercing white blasts of light.: The blasts gain knockback.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The item is a reference to the nails used to hang Jesus Christ up on the cross when he was crucified.
- The item's name is a reference to the band, Nine Inch Nails.
- The visual effect on Isaac may also be a reference to a line in Eminem's "My Name Is", in which he says, "Wanna see me stick Nine Inch Nails through each one of my eyelids?". This line is also a reference to the aforementioned band.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
GAXS L7SJ (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
EVLC J9ED (First floor treasure room)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|