8 Inch Nails
Effects[edit | edit source]
- +1.5 Damage up.
- Isaac's tears are replaced with nails, which have increased knockback.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Does not grant penetrative shots, despite the appearance of Isaac's tears.
- Any item that normally colors Isaac's tears red will cause the nails to become bloody.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- 20/20Grants double shot./ Cursed EyeGrants charged tears that can be fired in a tight burst of four. Getting hit while charging will teleport Isaac into another room./ The Inner EyeGrants triple shot but decreases tears./ Mutant SpiderGrants quadruple shot but decreases tears.: Fires multiple nails.
- Angelic PrismGrants a prism orbital with a large orbital radius. Tears that pass through the prism split into four multi-colored tears.: Nails will quadrupled when passing through the prism.
- Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle./ Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's./ The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.: Tears and split tears have knockback. Appearance of tears varies.
- Homing Tears: Nails will home in on enemies.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: Explosive impact effectively increases knockback.
- Piercing tears: Amplifies knockback effect. Allows nails to pin enemies against walls.
- Pisces-1 Tear Delay, adds knock-back shots and increases tear size.: Amplifies knockback effect. Allows nails to pin enemies against walls.
- Soy MilkTears shrink and do much less damage, but fire in very rapid succession.: Amplifies knockback effect. Allows nails to easily pin enemies against walls.
- Soy Milk + Pisces: Allows nails to very easily pin enemies against walls.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: Increase in damage and very slight increase in knockback.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- BlisterIncreases knockback of tears.: The knockback from Blister is stronger than from 8 Inch Nails, and knockback boosts do not stack.
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: Enemies will still receive a decent amount of knockback as they're hit by the laser.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide a fixed range after being fired.: Increases damage but no noticeable increase in knockback.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Increases damage but no noticeable increase in knockback.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: Large nail that does additional damage. No knockback.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: Increase in damage but no other effect.
- Piercing tears: Enemies will still receive some knockback as the tear goes through them.
- Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.: Increase in damage but no other effect.
- Technology 2Decreases damage and replaces right eye tears with a unlimited range, piercing laser which fires continuously.: Enemies will be pushed away from Isaac by the laser's knockback.
- TrisagionTears are replaced with piercing white blasts of light.: Increase in damage and slight increase in knockback
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The item is a reference to the nails used to hang Jesus Christ up on the cross when he was crucified.
- The item's name is a reference to the band, Nine Inch Nails.
- The visual effect on Isaac may also be a reference to a line in Eminem's "My Name Is", in which he says, "Wanna see me stick Nine Inch Nails through each one of my eyelids?". This line is also a reference to the aforementioned band.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
GAXS L7SJ (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
EVLC J9ED (First floor treasure room)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|