Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
8 Inch Nails
Effects[edit | edit source]
- +1.5 Damage up.
- Isaac's tears are replaced with nails, which have increased knockback.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Does not grant penetrative shots, despite the appearance of Isaac's tears.
- Any item that normally colors Isaac's tears red will cause the nails to become bloody.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- BlisterIncreases knockback of tears.: The knockback from Blister is stronger than from 8 Inch Nails, and knockback boosts do not stack.
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: The beam gains knockback.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired. / Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote. / IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: Explosions also gain increased knockback.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: The controlled tear gains knockback.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: The knife gains knockback.
- Piercing tears: Allows tears to knock enemies back again.
- Tech.5Grants a unlimited range piercing laser with random rate of fire that does not replace tears. The laser might occasionally fire with the effect of a random item or trinket, such as Hook Worm, Spoon Bender or Tiny Planet. / Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring. / TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range. / Technology 2Decreases damage and replaces right eye tears with a unlimited range, piercing laser which fires continuously.: The lasers gain knockback.
- TrisagionTears are replaced with piercing white blasts of light.: The blasts gain knockback.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The item is a reference to the nails used to hang Jesus Christ up on the cross when he was crucified.
- The item's name is a reference to the band, Nine Inch Nails.
- The visual effect on Isaac may also be a reference to a line in Eminem's "My Name Is", in which he says, "Wanna see me stick Nine Inch Nails through each one of my eyelids?". This line is also a reference to the aforementioned band.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
GAXS L7SJ (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
EVLC J9ED (First floor treasure room)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|