From Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Wiki
Abaddon is an unlockable passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- +1.5 Damage.
- +0.2 Speed.
- Grants 6 black hearts.
- Removes all red heart containers.
- Adds a chance to shoot fear tears.
- This item belongs to the Leviathan
set. Collecting three items from this set will transform Isaac into Leviathan.
- +2 black hearts.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The chance to fire a fear tear depends on Isaac's luck stat, and goes up to 100% at 85 Luck.
- Does not remove soul hearts.
- As it removes all red heart containers, other devil deals can be taken for "free" as long as Abaddon is taken last while still having at least 1 container.
- Has no negative trade-off when taken as ???, except the revoked chance of an angel room.
- Can always be taken when offered as a 3 soul heart devil deal. Even if the player only has one or two soul hearts, six black hearts will be granted after taking the item.
- Since Keeper is not allowed to have Soul or Black Hearts, Abaddon will simply take away all his health coins, resulting in instant death.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Empty Vessel
- Since Empty Vessel activates when all red hearts are lost, it will activate as soon as Abaddon is picked up.
While Isaac has no red hearts, this item grants flight and a random chance to activate an invincibility shield for a few seconds. If Isaac gains any red hearts, these benefits will disappear.
- Whore of Babylon
- Since Whore of Babylon is active at half a red heart or less, it will activate as soon as Abaddon is picked up.
Increases damage and speed whenever Isaac has half a red heart or less (one red heart for Eve), ignoring any soul or black hearts.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the Hebrew Bible, the name Abaddon is used in reference to a bottomless pit, often appearing alongside the place of the dead (which is known as Sheol), meaning the land of the dead. The actual Hebrew word Abaddon (אבדון - pronounced avadon) means "doom".
- Abaddon is the Hebrew equivalent of Apollyon.
- In the New Testament Book of Revelation, an angel called Abaddon is written as the king of an army of locusts; his name is first transcribed in Greek (Revelation 9:11 – "whose name in Hebrew Abaddon").
- Abaddon also shares its name with a level from Edmund's previous game Super Meat Boy.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Abaddon's original appearance before Booster Pack #5.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
SYE1 41CK (Red chest on first floor teleports to devil room)
S97N 07DH (Curse room adjacent to spawn teleports to devil room, also contains Lil Brimstone)
QJGK ZRFA (Red chest in Curse room adjacent to spawn teleports to devil room)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|