|(page 2, column 7, row 6)|
|Defeat ??? as AzazelAbaddon|
Abaddon is an unlockable passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- +1.5 damage.
- +0.2 speed and maximum speed (may never exceed 2.0).
- Grants 6 black hearts.
- Removes all red heart containers.
- Will not remove bone hearts, but will empty them.
- Adds a chance to shoot fear tears.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The chance to fire a fear tear depends on Isaac's luck stat, and goes up to 100% at 85 Luck.
- Does not remove soul hearts or eternal hearts.
- As it removes all red heart containers, other devil deals can be taken for "free" as long as Abaddon is taken last while still having at least 1 container.
- Has no negative trade-off when taken as ???, except the revoked chance of an angel room.
- Likewise, The Lost gets a significant speed and damage increase.
- Can always be taken when offered as a 3 soul heart devil deal. Even if the player only has one or two soul hearts, six black hearts will be granted after taking the item.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the Hebrew Bible, the name Abaddon is used in reference to a bottomless pit, often appearing alongside the place of the dead (which is known as Sheol), meaning the land of the dead. The actual Hebrew word Abaddon (אבדון - pronounced avadon) means "doom".
- Abaddon is the Hebrew equivalent of Apollyon.
- In the New Testament Book of Revelation, an angel called Abaddon is written as the king of an army of locusts; his name is first transcribed in Greek (Revelation 9:11 – "whose name in Hebrew Abaddon").
- Abaddon also shares its name with a level from Edmund's previous game Super Meat Boy.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Bug! If Keeper picks up Abaddon, it will remove all of his coin hearts but will not kill him until he picks up an item.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
SYE1 41CK (Red chest on first floor teleports to devil room)
S97N 07DH (Curse room adjacent to spawn teleports to devil room, also contains Lil Brimstone)
QJGK ZRFA (Red chest in Curse room adjacent to spawn teleports to devil room)
|The NailComplete the Boss Rush as AzazelDemon BabyDefeat The Lamb as AzazelSatanic BibleDefeat Isaac as AzazelDaemon's TailDefeat Satan as AzazelAbaddonDefeat ??? as AzazelWrapped Baby Defeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as Azazel
Defeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as LazarusBegotten Baby Defeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as Lazarus
Defeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as Azazel
|Maw of the VoidDefeat Hush as AzazelLilithDefeat Ultra Greed as AzazelBlack BabyDefeat Mega Satan as AzazelSucky BabyEarn all hard mode completion marks as Azazel||Dark Prince's CrownDefeat Delirium as AzazelBat WingDefeat Ultra Greedier as Azazel|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|