The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth
|This article is incomplete. Please help to improve it, or discuss the issue on the talk page.
Issues: Incomplete list of additions and changes.
- 1 Features
- 2 Additions
- 2.1 Player
- 2.2 Items
- 2.3 Trinkets
- 2.4 Pickups
- 2.5 Entities
- 2.6 Environment
- 2.7 Challenges
- 3 Changes
- 4 Gallery
- 5 Trivia
The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth is the expansion to The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. The DLC was released on October 30, 2015 and costs $10.99/£7.99. It was released on May 10, 2016 on Xbox One and PS4.
For a list of the pre-release blog posts, see The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth (Pre-Release).
Features[edit | edit source]
- Greed Mode: A new game mode with a heavy focus on risk/reward, featuring a new ending and final boss.
- Blue Womb: A new area, featuring a new ending and final boss.
- Daily Runs: Daily seeded runs with online leaderboards.
- Two new characters, Lilith and Keeper.
- 95 new items and 29 new trinkets.
- New pickups, chests, pills, and cards.
- 10 new challenges.
- 4 new alternate chapters: Burning Basement, Flooded Caves, Dank Depths, and Scarred Womb.
- Many new room layouts including tiny rooms, long hallways, and L-shaped rooms.
- New room types like trap rooms, double treasure rooms, and closets.
- New special seeds, along with a seed code combo page.
- An expanded soundtrack.
- An extra HUD option, allowing items picked up to be displayed on-screen.
- 9 new transformations.
- New bosses, along with new variations of bosses introduced in Rebirth.
- New monsters.
- Updated item combo system.
- New achievements.
- New co-op babies.
- An improved collection page that shows item descriptions.
Additions[edit | edit source]
Player[edit | edit source]
Characters[edit | edit source]
|Damage||3.5 (*1.00)||3.5 (*1.20)|
|Shot Speed|| Blindfolded
|Starting Pickup(s)||None||x1 bombs|
Store KeyAutomatically opens all Shops.
|Starting Item(s)|| IncubusA demonic familiar that follows Isaac and shoots tears identical to Isaac's in terms of damage, range, fire rate, and effects.
Cambion ConceptionAfter taking damage a certain amount of times, a permanent demonic familiar spawns.
Box of FriendsUpon use, duplicates all of Isaac's familiars for the current room.
Wooden NickelWhen used, has a 50% chance to drop one random type of coin (penny, nickel, or dime).
Transformations[edit | edit source]
Isaac gains a green trail of poisonous creep.
When attacking, the tumor faces shoot tears diagonally outwards, similar to the effect of The WizTears simultaneously fire out of both eyes diagonally, similar to the effect of the R U A Wizard? pill. Isaac's tears also travel above all obstacles.. Also gives -0.3 damage and slightly decreases tears.
+1 heart container.
Replaces Bum FriendA portable beggar who follows Isaac, picks up coins for himself, and occasionally drops a pickup after collecting a coin. Does not spawn collectibles., Dark BumSpawns a familiar that follows Isaac around and collects red hearts. For every one-and-a-half red hearts collected, Dark Bum will generate one soul heart, one hostile Spider or one friendly blue spider., and Key BumSpawns a portable key master that follows Isaac and collects keys, giving random chests in return. for Super Bum. This bum collects any of the other beggars' pickups, and offers twice the rewards.
Isaac gains a stationary knife that trails directly behind him. It synergizes like Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power. would.
- 1: Image depicts the familiar. This transformation does not alter Isaac's appearance.
Co-op[edit | edit source]
These Babies have special bonuses that will aid the player in some way.
|27||Black Baby||Spawns with an extra black heart.|
Defeat Mega Satan as AzazelBlack Baby to unlock it.
|28||Red Baby||Spawns with an extra red heart.|
Defeat Mega Satan as MagdaleneRed Baby to unlock it.
|29||White Baby||Gives Isaac an eternal heart when it spawns.|
Defeat Mega Satan as The LostWhite Baby to unlock it.
|30||Blue Baby||Spawns with an extra soul heart.|
Defeat Mega Satan as ???Blue Baby to unlock it.
|31||Rage Baby||Occasionally briefly increases Isaac's damage.|
Defeat Mega Satan as SamsonRage Baby to unlock it.
|32||Cry Baby||Occasionally briefly increases Isaac's tears.|
Defeat Mega Satan as IsaacCry Baby to unlock it.
|33||Yellow Baby||Occasionally briefly increases Isaac's speed by 0.15.|
Defeat Mega Satan as EdenYellow Baby to unlock it.
|34||Long Baby||Occasionally briefly increases Isaac's range, shot speed, and tear height.|
Defeat Mega Satan as LazarusLong Baby to unlock it.
|35||Green Baby||Occasionally briefly increases Isaac's luck by 2.|
Defeat Mega Satan as CainGreen Baby to unlock it.
|36||Lil' Baby||Occasionally briefly decreases Isaac's size.|
Defeat Mega Satan as EveLil' Baby to unlock it.
|37||Big Baby||Occasionally briefly increases Isaac's size.|
Defeat Mega Satan as LilithBig Baby to unlock it.
|38||Brown Baby||Occasionally briefly gives Isaac the Butt PennyIsaac will fart when he picks up a coin. effect. While it is active, picking up a coin will make Isaac fart, knocking back nearby enemies.|
Defeat Mega Satan as JudasBrown Baby to unlock it.
|39||Noose Baby||Occasionally briefly gives Isaac the TranscendenceGrants flight. effect, granting flight.|
Defeat Mega Satan as KeeperNoose Baby to unlock it.
|40||Hive Baby||Occasionally briefly gives Isaac the Hive MindIncreases the size of blue spiders and blue flies and doubles the amount of damage they deal. effect, doubling the damage dealt by blue spiders and blue flies.|
Earn all hard mode completion marks as ???Hive Baby to unlock it.
|41||Buddy Baby||Occasionally briefly gives Isaac the GuillotineIsaac's head is removed from his body and floats around him. Increases Damage by 1 and grants -1 Tear Delay. effect, detaching Isaac's head and increasing damage and tears.|
Earn all hard mode completion marks as IsaacBuddy Baby to unlock it.
|42||Colorful Baby||Upon joining, fully heals Isaac, similar to the rainbow poop effect.|
Earn all hard mode completion marks as MagdaleneColorful Baby to unlock it.
|43||Whore Baby||Occasionally briefly gives Isaac the Whore of BabylonIncreases damage and speed whenever Isaac has half a red heart or less (one red heart for Eve), ignoring any soul or black hearts. effect, increasing damage and speed.|
Earn all hard mode completion marks as EveWhore Baby to unlock it.
Earn all hard mode completion marks as EdenCracked Baby to unlock it.
|45||Dripping Baby||Occasionally briefly gives Isaac Anemic+5 range. After Isaac is damaged, a trail of red creep will be left behind Isaac until he leaves the current room., increasing range by 5 and causing Isaac to leave a trail of blood that damages enemies.|
Earn all hard mode completion marks as LazarusDripping Baby to unlock it.
|46||Blinding Baby||Upon death, activates the effect of XIX - The Sun, fully restoring Isaac's red hearts, deals 100 damage to all enemies in the room, and revealing the map for the current floor.|
Use Blank Card while holding XIX - The SunBlinding Baby to unlock it.
|47||Sucky Baby||Has an aura around itself that damages enemies while they are inside, similar to SuccubusSpawns a flying familiar that bounces around the room with a black aura, dealing rapid damage to any enemies inside it. While standing in the aura, Isaac gains a 1.5x tear damage multiplier..|
Earn all hard mode completion marks as AzazelSucky Baby to unlock it.
|48||Dark Baby||Occasionally provides a brief boost to all of Isaac's stats.|
Earn all hard mode completion marks as LilithDark Baby to unlock it.
Earn all hard mode completion marks as CainPicky Baby to unlock it.
|50||Revenge Baby||Occasionally briefly increases Isaac's damage.|
Earn all hard mode completion marks as SamsonRevenge Baby to unlock it.
|51||Belial Baby||Occasionally briefly gives Isaac the The Book of BelialUpon use increases damage by 2 for the current room and by a further +50% if the character also has the Blood of the Martyr.|
Guarantees a Devil Room or Angel Room will be open after beating a boss while holding it, or increases the chance by 12.5%. effect, increasing damage.
Earn all hard mode completion marks as JudasBelial Baby to unlock it.
|52||Sale Baby||Occasionally briefly gives Isaac the Steam SaleReduces all Shop prices by 50%, rounded down to 7 coins for an item, rounded up to 2-3 coins for a pickup. effect, halving the prices of all shop items.|
Earn all hard mode completion marks as KeeperSale Baby to unlock it.
|53||Goat Head Baby||Occasionally briefly gives Isaac the Goat HeadA Devil Room / Angel Room Door will always spawn after every boss fight, excluding the first floor and floors after Utero II/Womb II. effect, guaranteeing that a Devil room or angel room will open if a boss room is completed while the effect is active. |
Defeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as LilithGoat Head Baby to unlock it.
|54||Super Greed Baby||Has the Head of the Keeper effect, firing coin tears that have a chance to spawn a coin upon hitting an enemy.|
Defeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as KeeperSuper Greed Baby to unlock it.
These Babies are purely cosmetic and do not have any special behaviors.
|233||Punkboy Baby||A baby dressed as a punk rocker boy.|
|234||Punkgirl Baby||A baby dressed as a punk rocker girl.|
|235||Computer Baby||A baby with a computer for a head.|
|236||Mask Baby||A baby wearing a mask.|
|237||Gem Baby||A baby that looks like it's made of crystal.|
|238||Shark Baby||A baby that looks like a shark.|
|239||Beret Baby||A baby that's wearing a beret.|
|240||Blisters Baby||A baby covered in blisters.|
|241||Radioactive Baby||A sickly green baby.|
|242||Beast Baby||A baby that looks like a beast.|
|243||Dark Baby||A very dark baby.|
|244||Snail Baby||A baby that looks like a snail.|
|245||Blood Baby||A baby that looks like a drop of blood.|
|246||8 Ball Baby||A baby with an 8 ball for a head.|
|247||Wisp Baby||A wispy baby.|
|248||Cactus Baby||A baby that looks like a cactus.|
|249||Love Eye Baby||A pink baby with a heart for an eye.|
|250||Medusa Baby||A baby that resembles Medusa.|
|251||Nuclear Baby||A baby that looks like a mushroom cloud.|
|252||Purple Baby||A strange purple baby.|
|253||Wizard Baby||A baby with a wizard hat.|
|254||Earth Baby||A baby whose head looks like planet Earth.|
|255||Saturn Baby||A baby with a ring around its head.|
|256||Cloud Baby||A baby made of cloud.|
|257||Tube Baby||A baby with a tube connecting both eyes.|
|258||Rocker Baby||A baby dressed as a rock fan.|
|259||King Baby||A baby with a crown.|
|260||Coat Baby||A baby wearing a winter coat.|
|261||Viking Baby||A baby with a Viking helmet.|
|262||Panda Baby||A baby that looks like a panda.|
|263||Raccoon Baby||A baby that looks like a raccoon.|
|264||Bear Baby||A baby that looks like a grizzly bear.|
|265||Polar Bear Baby||A baby that looks like a polar bear.|
|266||Lovebear Baby||A baby that looks like a Care Bear.|
|267||Hare Baby||A baby that looks like a rabbit.|
|268||Squirrel Baby||A baby that looks like a squirrel.|
|269||Tabby Baby||A baby that looks like a cat.|
|270||Porcupine Baby||A baby that looks like a porcupine.|
|271||Puppy Baby||A baby that looks like a puppy.|
|272||Parrot Baby||A baby that looks like a parrot.|
|273||Chameleon Baby||A baby that looks like a Chameleon.|
|274||Boulder Baby||A baby made of rocks.|
|275||Aqua Baby||An aqua-blue baby.|
|276||Gargoyle Baby||A baby that resembles a gargoyle.|
|277||Spiky Demon Baby||A baby that looks like a spiky demon.|
|278||Red Demon Baby||A baby that looks like a red demon.|
|279||Orange Demon Baby||A baby that looks like an orange demon.|
|280||Eye Demon Baby||A baby with an eye for a head.|
|281||Fang Demon Baby||A baby with big fangs.|
|282||Ghost Baby||A baby that looks like a ghost.|
|283||Arachnid Baby||A baby that looks like a spider.|
|284||Bony Baby||A baby that looks like a Bony.|
|285||Big Tongue Baby||A baby with a big tongue.|
|286||3D Baby||A baby wearing 3D glasses.|
|287||Suit Baby||A baby in a nice suit.|
|288||Butt Baby||A baby with a butt for a face.|
|289||Cupid Baby||A baby that looks like Cupid.|
|290||Heart Baby||A baby with a heart-shaped head.|
|291||Killer Baby||A baby that looks like Jason Voorhees from the "Friday the 13th" horror movie series.|
|292||Lantern Baby||A baby that looks like Ash Williams from the Evil Dead series.|
|293||Banshee Baby||A baby that looks like a banshee.|
|294||Ranger Baby||A baby that looks like a Red Power Ranger.|
|295||Rider Baby||A baby that looks like a Kamen Rider.|
|296||Choco Baby||A baby made of chocolate.|
|297||Woodsman Baby||A baby dressed as a hiker.|
|298||Brunette Baby||A baby with brown hair|
|299||Blonde Baby||A baby with blonde hair.|
|300||Blue Hair Baby||A baby with blue hair|
|301||Bloodied Baby||A baby covered in blood.|
|302||Cheese Baby||A baby made of cheese.|
|303||Pizza Baby||A baby made of pizza.|
|304||Hotdog Baby||A baby that is also a hotdog.|
|305||Nature Baby||A naked baby with a leaf.|
|306||Borg Baby||A robotic baby.|
|307||Corrupted Baby||A baby with seems to be covered by an alien life.|
|308||X Mouth Baby||A gagged baby.|
|309||X Eyed Baby||A comically dead baby.|
|310||Starry Eyed Baby||A baby with starry eyes.|
|311||Surgeon Baby||A baby ready for surgery.|
|312||Sword Baby||A baby that's a sword.|
|313||Monk Baby||A baby that's a monk.|
|314||Disco Baby||A funky baby with an afro|
|315||Puzzle Baby||A baby with a "Rubik's Cube" for a head|
|316||Speaker Baby||A baby that has a speaker for a head.|
|317||Scary Baby||A baby that resembles Jeff the Killer.|
|318||Fireball Baby||A fireball with eyes. Possibly a reference to the fire enemy in the Donkey Kong and Mario games.|
|319||Maw Baby||A baby that's just a mouth.|
|320||Exploding Baby||A baby that's a bomb.|
|321||Cupcake Baby||A baby that's also a cupcake.|
|322||Skinless Baby||A baby without skin.|
|323||Ballerina Baby||A baby wearing a tutu.|
|324||Goblin Baby||A baby that resembles a goblin.|
|325||Cool Goblin Baby||A green baby with brown hair and cool shades.|
|326||Geek Baby||A baby with black hair and nerdy glasses.|
|327||Long Beard Baby||A baby with a long beard.|
|328||Muttonchops Baby||A baby with muttonchops.|
|329||Spartan Baby||A baby dressed as a Roman spartan.|
|330||Tortoise Baby||A baby that looks like a tortoise.|
|331||Slicer Baby||A baby that resembles Shredder.|
|332||Butterfly Baby||A baby with butterfly wings.|
|333||Homeless Baby||A baby that resembles a homeless person.|
|334||Lumberjack Baby||A baby that resembles a lumberjack.|
|335||Cyberspace Baby||A baby that resembles something from the Tron universe.|
|336||Hero Baby||A baby that resembles Red from Gunstar Heroes.|
|337||Boxers Baby||A baby that resembles Arthur from Ghosts & Goblins (in his boxers).|
|338||Wing Helmet Baby||A baby that resembles Opa-Opa.|
|339||X Baby||A baby with an X for a head.|
|340||O Baby||A baby with an O for a head.|
|341||Vomit Baby||A baby with vomit coming from its mouth.|
|342||Merman Baby||A baby that resembles Aquaman.|
|343||Cyborg Baby||Might be a reference to a Cyborg from a novel/movie/game?|
|344||Barbarian Baby||A baby that resembles the Barbarian from Diablo.|
|345||Locust Baby||A baby that resembles a locust.|
|346||Twotone Baby||A completely white baby with a black outline.|
|347||2600 Baby||A baby that resembles an Atari 2600 sprite.|
|348||Fourtone Baby||A baby with a minimal colour sprite.|
|349||Grayscale Baby||A baby colored with several shades of gray.|
|350||Rabbit Baby||A baby that resembles Oswald the Lucky Rabbit.|
|351||Mouse Baby||A baby that resembles an old-style Mickey Mouse.|
|352||Critter Baby||A critter that looks white and hairy. Might be a reference to the movie Critters.|
|353||Blue Robot Baby||A baby that resembles Mega Man.|
|354||Pilot Baby||A baby that resembles Jason from Blaster Master.|
|355||Red Plumber Baby||A baby that resembles Mario.|
|356||Green Plumber Baby||A baby that resembles Luigi.|
|357||Yellow Plumber Baby||A baby that resembles Wario.|
|358||Purple Plumber Baby||A baby that resembles Waluigi.|
|359||Tanooki Baby||A baby that's wearing a Tanooki Suit.|
|360||Mushroom Man Baby||A baby that resembles Toad.|
|361||Mushroom Girl Baby||A baby that resembles Toadette.|
|362||Cannonball Baby||A baby that resembles a Chain Chomp.|
|363||Froggy Baby||A baby that's wearing a Frog Suit.|
|364||Turtle Dragon Baby||A baby that resembles Bowser.|
|365||Shell Suit Baby||A baby wearing a Hammer Suit.|
|366||Fiery Baby||A baby wearing a Fire Suit.|
|367||Mean Mushroom Baby||A baby that resembles a Goomba.|
|368||Arcade Baby||A baby that resembles Pac-Man.|
|369||Scared Ghost Baby||A blue ghost with a scared expression.|
|370||Blue Ghost Baby||A baby that resembles Inky.|
|371||Red Ghost Baby||A baby that resembles Blinky.|
|372||Pink Ghost Baby||A baby that resembles Pinky.|
|373||Orange Ghost Baby||A baby that resembles Clyde.|
|374||Pink Princess Baby||A baby that resembles Princess Peach.|
|375||Yellow Princess Baby||A baby that resembles Princess Daisy.|
|376||Dino Baby||A baby that resembles Yoshi.|
|377||Elf Baby||A baby that resembles Link.|
|378||Dark Elf Baby||A baby that resembles Dark Link|
|379||Dark Knight Baby||A baby that resembles a Darknut|
|380||Octopus Baby||A baby that resembles an Octorok.|
|381||Orange Pig Baby||A baby that resembles an orange Moblin.|
|382||Blue Pig Baby||A baby that resembles a blue Moblin.|
|383||Elf Princess Baby||A baby that resembles Princess Zelda.|
|384||Fishman Baby||A baby that resembles a Zora.|
|385||Fairyman Baby||A baby that resembles Tingle.|
|386||Imp Baby||A baby that resembles Midna.|
|387||Worm Baby||A baby that resembles Earthworm Jim.|
|388||Blue Wrestler Baby||A baby that looks like the blue player in Smash TV.|
|389||Red Wrestler Baby||A baby that looks like the red player in Smash TV.|
|390||Toast Baby||A baby that resembles Powdered Toast Man.|
|391||Roboboy Baby||A baby that resembles Astro Boy.|
|392||Liberty Baby||A baby that resembles the Statue of Liberty.|
|393||Dream Knight Baby||A baby that resembles Meta Knight.|
|394||Cowboy Baby||A baby that's wearing a cowboy outfit.|
|395||Mermaid Baby||A baby that resembles Ariel.|
|396||Plague Baby||A baby wearing a plague doctor outfit.|
|397||Space Soldier Baby||A baby that resembles a Warhammer 40k Space Marine.|
|398||Dark Space Soldier Baby||A baby that resembles a Warhammer 40k Chaos Space Marine.|
|399||Gas Mask Baby||A baby that's wearing a gas mask.|
|400||Tomboy Baby||A baby that resembles Sheik from the Legend of Zelda franchise.|
|401||Corgi Baby||A baby that looks like a corgi.|
|402||Unicorn Baby||A baby that looks like a unicorn.|
|403||Pixie Baby||A baby that resembles Tinkerbell.|
|404||Referee Baby||A baby wearing a referee outfit.|
|405||Deal With It Baby||A baby with a goatee and sunglasses.|
|406||Astronaut Baby||A baby that's wearing an astronaut outfit.|
|407||Blurred Baby||A baby with a blur effect across its privates.|
|408||Censored Baby||A baby with a censor bar across its privates.|
|409||Cool Ghost Baby||A baby that resembles the character Shades (Sukezaemon) from Ufouria: The Saga.|
|410||Gills Baby||A baby that resembles the character Gil (Jennifer) from Ufouria: The Saga.|
|411||Blue Hat Baby||A baby that resembles the character Bop-Louie (Hebe) from Ufouria: The Saga.|
|412||Catsuit Baby||A baby that's wearing a cat outfit. Also resembles the character Oh-Chan from Ufouria: The Saga (Japanese version).|
|413||Pirate Baby||A baby that's wearing a pirate outfit.|
|414||Super Robo Baby||A baby that resembles Tekkaman the Space Knight.|
|415||Lightmage Baby||A baby that resembles the white mage class from Final Fantasy.|
|416||Puncher Baby||A baby that resembles the warrior class from Final Fantasy.|
|417||Holy Knight Baby||A baby that resembles the monk class from Final Fantasy.|
|418||Shadowmage Baby||A baby that resembles the black mage class from Final Fantasy.|
|419||Firemage Baby||A baby that resembles the red mage class from Final Fantasy.|
|420||Priest Baby||A baby that's wearing a priest outfit.|
|421||Zipper Baby||A baby with a zipped mouth.|
|422||Bag Baby||A baby with a bag over its head.|
|423||Sailor Baby||A baby that's wearing a sailor outfit.|
|424||Rich Baby||A baby with a top hat and monocle.|
|425||Toga Baby||A baby in an ancient Roman outfit.|
|426||Knight Baby||A baby that resembles a Darknut from The Legend of Zelda.|
|427||Black Knight Baby||A baby that resembles a black Darknut from The Legend of Zelda.|
Items[edit | edit source]
95 new items were added in the expansion: 19 activated items and 76 passive items.
Activated Collectibles[edit | edit source]
|Box of Friends||357||Double your friends||Upon use, duplicates all of Isaac's familiars for the current room.|
|D12||386||Rerolls rocks||Re-rolls all rocks in the current room into other random objects, such as bomb rocks, metal blocks, TNT, or poops.|
|D7||437||Reroll rewards!||Restarts the current room and brings back all enemies, allowing more rewards to be acquired by completing the room.|
|D8||406||Reroll stats||Re-rolls Isaac's speed, range, tears, and damage.|
|Diplopia||347||Double item vision||Duplicates all pickups and item pedestals in the room.|
|Friendly Ball||382||Gotta fetch 'em all!||Throwing the ball at an enemy instantly kills it and captures it. The captured enemy can later be released and will be friendly, fighting for Isaac and persisting between rooms.|
|Glass Cannon||352||Be gentle...||When used, reduces Isaac's health to half a heart (including soul and black hearts) and fires one large piercing spectral tear that does a lot of damage. The damage done by Glass Cannon scales with Isaac's damage (at base damage it does 45 damage).|
|Glowing Hour Glass||422||Turn back time||When used, this item will rewind time, put Isaac back in the previous room, and undo anything that happened in the current room. Any health, pickups, or items gained or lost will be reset back to the previous state.|
|Jar of Flies||434||Gotta catch 'em all?||Every time Isaac kills an enemy, a fly will be added to the jar, up to a maximum of 20. Using the Jar of Flies will release all the flies that are currently in the jar as friendly blue flies that will damage enemies.|
|Kidney Bean||421||Love toots!||Upon use, Isaac farts, charming all nearby enemies.|
|Mega Bean||351||Giga fart!||When used, the Mega Bean will freeze all enemies in the current room for a couple of seconds, deal 5 damage and poison any enemies near Isaac, and send a wave of spikes that deals 10 damage across the room in the direction Isaac is facing.|
|Mega Blast||441||Laser breath||Upon use, Isaac fires a laser similar to the one used by Mega Satan. This laser deals massive damage, lasts for approximately 15 seconds, and persists between rooms. Isaac is pushed backwards by the force of the laser while it is active.|
|Mine Crafter||427||Booom!||When used, places an explosive TNT barrel that can be pushed and used to destroy rocks or damage enemies. If used a second time in the same room while the previous TNT barrel is still intact, it will remotely explode the TNT.|
|Mom's Box||439||What's inside?||When used, Mom's Box will drop a random trinket on the ground. While held, increases luck by 1 and doubles the effects of trinkets.|
|Placebo||348||Pill mimic||When used, copies the effect of the pill Isaac is currently holding without consuming it. Does not copy the effects of cards or runes.|
|Tear Detonator||383||Remote tear detonation!||When used, will detonate any tears currently on the screen and cause each one to split into 6 more tears which will fire in a circle, similar to Tammy's Head.|
|Teleport 2.0||419||I-Teleport!||When used, teleports Isaac to a random room that has not been explored yet. If all rooms are explored, including secret rooms, it will teleport Isaac to the Devil or Angel room. If all rooms are explored, including the Devil or Angel room, it will teleport Isaac to the I AM ERROR room. If used in a room with enemies, it will teleport Isaac out and back into the exact same room.|
|Ventricle Razor||396||Short cutter||Can be used to place an orange portal and a blue portal. Upon entering a portal, Isaac is teleported to the other portal.|
|Wooden Nickel||349||Flip a coin||When used, has a 50% chance to drop one random type of coin (penny, nickel, or dime).|
Passive Collectibles[edit | edit source]
|8 Inch Nails||359||Stick it to 'em!||+1.5 Damage Up. Replaces Isaac's tears with nails, which have increased knockback.|
|Athame||408||Call to the void||Whenever Isaac takes damage, a black ring briefly appears around Isaac, dealing damage to all nearby enemies.|
|Betrayal||391||Turn your enemy||Every time Isaac takes damage, a charm effect is applied to every enemy in the room, causing them to attack each other rather than Isaac.|
|Binky||438||Memories...||Tears up, adds 1 soul heart, and decreases Isaac's size.|
|Black Powder||420||Spin the black circle!||Isaac leaves a trail of black powder on the floor. Walking in a circle will spawn a pentagram symbol on the floor, which deals 10 damage per tick to any enemies inside it.|
|Bomber Boy||353||Explosive blast!||+5 bombs. Isaac's bombs will now explode in a large cross-shaped pattern (roughly 5 bombs explosions wide). This also affects player-spawned troll bombs.|
|Bumbo||385||Bumbo want coin!||Spawns a beggar familiar which floats around the room and picks up any nearby coins, leveling up after collecting several coins. At level 2, Bumbo gains a body. At level 3, it begins to fire tears. At level 4, Bumbo chases enemies slowly, dealing contact damage.|
|Bursting Sack||377||Spider love||Spider enemies no longer target or deal contact damage to Isaac.|
|Cambion Conception||412||Feed them hate||After taking damage a certain amount of times, a permanent demonic familiar spawns.|
|Car Battery||356||Double charge!||Causes Isaac's activated item to activate twice on each use.|
|Censer||387||Peace be with you||Gives Isaac a golden censer familiar which creates a huge aura of light that slows down any enemies and enemy shots inside it.|
|Chaos||402||!!!||Chaos causes items to be chosen from random item pools. When picked up, drops between 1-6 random pickups on the floor.|
|Charged Baby||372||Bbbzzzzzt!||A familiar that drops a Little Battery every 4 rooms. Has a small chance to freeze all enemies in the room when hit.|
|Circle of Protection||423||Protect me from myself||Surrounds Isaac with a large white halo. Once per second, the halo deals Isaac's tear damage to enemies inside it. It may also convert enemy shots entering the halo into friendly purple homing tears.|
|Continuum||369||Transcendent tears||+2.25 Range Up. +1.5 Tear Height. Isaac's tears travel through walls and appear out of the opposite wall. Isaac's tears also travel over rocks and objects.|
|Crack Jacks||354||Don't swallow the prize!||Adds one heart container and drops a random trinket.|
|Crown of Light||415||The untainted gain power||Gives Isaac a crown that glows blue when active, and turns gray when inactive. While Isaac has no empty red heart containers, Isaac's tears are replaced with blue diamond tears that deal double damage. Regardless of health, the crown will deactivate for the current room when Isaac takes damage.|
|Curse of the Tower||371||You feel cursed...||Causes Isaac to spawn 6 troll bombs on the floor every time he gets hit, similar to the Anarchist Cookbook mechanic.|
|Dead Eye||373||Accuracy brings power!||Isaac's damage increases each time an enemy is hit. Damage is reset upon missing a shot.|
|Deep Pockets||416||More stuff to carry!||Allows Isaac to carry two cards or pills (or a combination of both) at the same time.|
|Eden's Blessing||381||Your future shines brighter||+0.7 tears up. Grants a random item at the start of the next run.|
|Empty Vessel||409||I reward an empty vessel||While Isaac has no red hearts, this item grants flight and a random chance to activate an invincibility shield for a few seconds. If Isaac gains any red hearts, these benefits will disappear.|
|Epiphora||368||Intensifying tears||Shooting in one direction increases Isaac's rate of fire until the cap is reached. As soon as Isaac changes direction or stops shooting, rate of fire is reset to its normal amount.|
|Evil Eye||410||Eye shot!||While firing tears, Isaac has a chance to fire an eye across the screen with a very slow shot speed, which will fire tears of its own in the same direction as Isaac. The eye will be destroyed if it comes into contact with an enemy or obstacle.|
|Explosivo||401||Sticky bomb shot!||Isaac's tears have a chance to stick to enemies and explode.|
|Farting Baby||404||It farts!||A familiar that follows Isaac and blocks tears. If a tear hits Farting Baby, there is a high chance for it to fart, which will either knock back, poison, or charm all nearby enemies.|
|Fate's Reward||361||Your fate beside you||A blue head familiar that will follow Isaac and fire tears copying his tear effects and damage.|
|Friend Zone||364||Friendly fly||A white orbiting fly which deals 3 contact damage per tick to enemies. This familiar orbits Isaac at a middle length distance somewhere between Distant Admiration and Forever Alone.|
|Fruit Cake||418||Rainbow effects!||Isaac's tears gain a random effect that changes every shot.|
|GB Bug||405||Game breaking bug, right away!||A glitch familiar that bounces around the room and applies a random status effect to any enemies it comes into contact with and has a chance to re-roll pickups that it passes over.|
|Glitter Bombs||432||Prize bombs!||Gives Isaac 5 bombs, and makes Isaac's bombs have a chance to drop random pickups or charm enemies when they explode.|
|God's Flesh||398||Shrink shot||Tears now have a random chance to apply a shrinking effect, causing enemies to shrink in size and also run away from Isaac. Shrunk enemies can be crushed and killed by walking over them.|
|Head of the Keeper||429||Penny tears!||Isaac's tears become coins and now have a chance to drop pennies on the floor upon successfully hitting an enemy.|
|Holy Light||374||Holy shot!||Isaac has a random chance to fire a Holy tear, which, when it hits an enemy, will spawn a Crack the Sky-style light beam on the same enemy, dealing damage.|
|Host Hat||375||Nice hat!||A host familiar that sits on Isaac's head and has a random chance to block enemy shots and retaliate with 3 tears. Grants immunity to explosions.|
|Immaculate Conception||413||Feed them love||Upon picking up a certain amount of health, spawn a permanent angelic familiar.|
|Incubus||360||Dark friend||A demonic familiar that follows Isaac and shoots tears identical to Isaac's in terms of damage, range, fire rate, and effects.|
|Key Bum||388||He wants your keys!||Spawns a portable key master that follows Isaac and collects keys, giving random chests in return.|
|Kidney Stone||440||Matt's kidney stone||Randomly while firing tears, Isaac will stop firing and turn red, where he will charge and release a lot of 'tears' in one go. In the burst of tears is a kidney stone which deals a lot of damage.|
|Lil Chest||362||What's in the box?||Spawns a chest familiar that follows Isaac and drops a random pickup every few rooms.|
|Lil Gurdy||384||A gurd of your own!||Gives Isaac a Gurdy familiar that will charge around the room dealing contact damage to enemies. Lil Gurdy is charged by holding down a fire button and letting go. The longer the button is held, the faster Lil Gurdy will fling itself across the screen. Lil Gurdy can pass over objects and obstacles in the room.|
|Lil' Loki||435||4-way buddy!||A Loki familiar that follows Isaac and shoots 4 tears in a cross pattern.|
|Lost Fly||365||Lost protector||A familiar fly that moves in a straight line and attaches itself to the first obstacle or wall it comes into contact with in each room. If any enemies walk into its path, it will deal 7 contact damage per tick. If the obstacle it is attached to is destroyed then it will continue rolling in the direction it was previously travelling until it meets another wall or obstacle.|
|Lusty Blood||411||Their blood brings rage!||Each time Isaac kills an enemy, Isaac's damage increases for the current room.|
|Marked||394||Directed tears||Isaac will now fire tears automatically directed at a red target on the ground which is controlled by the player. This allows for a full 360 degree tear firing radius. Can be overridden by other tear modifiers such as Mom's Knife or Brimstone.|
|Maw of the Void||399||Consume thy enemy!||+1.0 Damage Up. After continuously firing tears for 2.5 seconds, a red cross appears on Isaac's head that, upon releasing the fire button, creates a black ring that rapidly deals damage equal to Isaac's tear damage to any enemies in contact with it.|
|Milk!||436||Don't cry over it...||A glass of milk follows Isaac and spills on the floor upon taking damage. After the milk spills, Isaac's tear delay is decreased by 2 for the rest of the room.|
|Mom's Pearls||355||Range + luck up||+1.25 Range Up. +0.5 Tear Height. +1 Luck Up.|
|More Options||414||There are even more options!||Two items spawn in every Treasure Room. Only one can be taken; the other will disappear.|
|Mr. Dolly||370||Range + tears up||Tears and Range up. Spawns 3 random types of hearts on the floor when picked up.|
|Multidimensional Baby||431||ydduB Buddy||Spawns a familiar that will follow Isaac's movements on a 2.5 second delay. Tears that pass through the baby will be doubled and increase in speed.|
|My Shadow||433||Me! And my shaaaadow!||Each time Isaac takes damage, inflicts fear on all enemies in the room and spawns a black friendly Charger that will attack enemies. The Charger will be killed if it is damaged too much.|
|Night Light||425||Scared of the dark?||A cone of light shines in the direction Isaac is moving that slows enemies and enemy shots.|
|No. 2||378||Uh oh...||Continuously firing tears for several seconds causes Isaac to drop a Butt Bomb. Butt Bombs explode for 60 damage like normal bombs, but also deal 10 damage to all enemies in the room and daze them for a short period of time.|
|Obsessed Fan||426||Follows my every move...||A purple fly familiar that follows Isaac's movements on a 3 second delay and deals contact damage to enemies.|
|Papa Fly||430||Turret follower||A blue fly familiar follows Isaac's movements on a 3 second delay. Papa Fly will fire tears at nearby enemies.|
|Pay to Play||380||Money talks||This item turns all doors that require a single key into doors which need a coin to enter instead. This affects shops, item rooms and libraries.|
|PJs||428||You feel cozy||Grants four soul hearts and fully restores Isaac's red health.|
|Pupula Duplex||379||Wide shot||Transforms Isaac's tears into a wide arc shape which gives them a much larger hitbox. Gives Isaac spectral tears which allows them to travel through objects in the environment (i.e. rocks).|
|Purity||407||Aura stat boost||This item will boost one of Isaac's stats depending on the color of the aura around him. The aura will disappear upon taking damage and will reappear with a random color upon entering a new room. A red aura boosts damage, a blue aura boosts rate of fire, a yellow aura boosts speed, and an orange aura boosts range.|
|Restock||376||Never ending stores!||Causes shops to instantly restock their items when they are bought. Granted by default for every character in Greed Mode.|
|Rune Bag||389||Rune generator||A bag that follows Isaac and drops a random rune every 3 rooms.|
|Sack Head||424||More sacks!||Greatly increases the chance to find sacks.|
|Scatter Bombs||366||We put bombs in your bombs!||Adds 5 bombs. Isaac's bombs explode into 2-4 tiny bombs.|
|Seraphim||390||Sworn friend||An angel familiar which follows Isaac and fires homing tears which deal 10 damage at -25% shot speed and a reduced fire rate.|
|Serpent's Kiss||393||The kiss of death||Tears now have a random chance to apply a poison effect, causing 4 or 6 damage per tick to enemies (Similar to The Common Cold item). Isaac now deals poison damage on contact with enemies similar to The Virus item (Damage over time 4 or 6 per tick). Enemies that were poisoned have a chance to drop a black heart when killed.|
|Spear of Destiny||400||Your destiny||In addition to tears, Isaac now holds a spear in front of him which deals damage equal to 2 times his tear damage, and occasionally inflicts fear. The spear cannot be thrown, but deals damage while it is in contact with an enemy.|
|Spider Mod||403||Mod buddy!||Displays Isaac's tear damage and enemy health bars. Spawns a gray spider familiar that wanders around and inflicts a random status effect on any enemies it comes into contact with. Occasionally spawns a blue spider upon clearing a room.|
|Sticky Bombs||367||Egg sack bombs!||+5 bombs. Bombs stick to enemies and spawn 2-4 blue spiders if they kill an enemy.|
|Succubus||417||Damage booster||Spawns a flying familiar that bounces around the room with a black aura, dealing rapid damage to any enemies inside it. While standing in the aura, Isaac gains a 1.5x tear damage multiplier.|
|Sworn Protector||363||Protective friend||An orbital angel which does 7 contact damage per tick and blocks enemy shots. Upon blocking 10 shots in a room it drops an eternal heart.|
|Tech X||395||Laser ring tears||Tears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.|
|The Wiz||358||Double wiz shot!||Tears simultaneously fire out of both eyes diagonally, similar to the effect of the R U A Wizard? pill. Isaac's tears also travel above all obstacles.|
|Toxic Shock||350||Mass poison||Upon entering a room, poisons all enemies, dealing double Isaac's tear damage. Killing enemies leaves a small, short lasting pool of green creep on the ground.|
|Tractor Beam||397||Control your tears||Isaac emits a beam from his face. Isaac's tears travel in the path of the beam.|
|Zodiac||392||The heavens will change you||Zodiac will give Isaac a random zodiac item effect that changes after every floor.|
Trinkets[edit | edit source]
29 new trinkets were added in the expansion.
|Black Feather||80||With darkness comes power||Increases Isaac's damage for possessing certain evil items.|
|Blasting Cap||73||Pop! Pop!||Exploding bombs have a chance to drop another bomb pickup.|
|Blind Rage||81||Blind to damage||Increases invincibility time after getting hit.|
|Blister||77||Bounce back!||Increases knockback of tears.|
|Bob's Bladder||71||Creepy bombs||Leaves a pool of green creep under all bombs Isaac places, which damages enemies that walk over it.|
|Brown Cap||90||Fartoom!||Poop will explode after being destroyed.|
|Child Leash||89||Keep your friends close...||Causes familiars to stay closer to each other.|
|Cracked Dice||67||You feel cursed... kinda.||Whenever Isaac gets hit, there is a chance that the effect of The D6, D8, D12, or D20 gets activated.|
|Endless Nameless||79||I'm stuck in a loop...||When Isaac uses a pill, card, or rune, there is a chance to spawn another one of the same type.|
|Error||75||Effect not found?||Gives a random trinket effect each room.|
|Faded Polaroid||69||You feel faded||Occasionally causes Isaac to blend into the ground, which briefly confuses all enemies in the room.|
|Golden Horse Shoe||82||Feel lucky?||+15% chance for a Treasure Room with two items to spawn.|
|Karma||85||Karma up||Donating to a donation machine has a chance to heal Isaac for a full red heart or spawn a beggar. Increases the chance that donating to a Donation Machine will increase Isaac's luck.|
|Lazy Worm||66||Pft||Tear shot speed is greatly reduced.|
|Lil Larva||86||The poop is moving...||Spawns a blue fly from every pile of poop Isaac destroys.|
|Louse||70||Itchy, tasty...||Occasionally spawns a Blue Spider.|
|Mom's Locket||87||You feel her love||Grants half a red heart each time a key is used. Converts half red heart pickups into full red hearts.|
|NO!||88||Never again!||Prevents active items from being generated, if possible.|
|Poker Chip||76||It's double down time!||Chests have a 50% chance of paying out with extra pickups and a 50% chance of paying out with nothing or enemies.|
|Rainbow Worm||64||Bleep Bloop Blop||Isaac's tears gain a worm effect that changes every 3 seconds.|
|Rib of Greed||84||Feels greedy||Prevents Greed and Super Greed from appearing in Shops and Secret Rooms.|
|Safety Scissors||63||Fuse Cutter||Troll bombs turn into Bomb pickups before they explode. Mega troll bombs turn into 1+1 free bombs before they explode.|
|Second Hand||78||Extended stat effect time!||Increases the time that status effects stay on enemies.|
|Shiny Rock||62||It shines for its brothers||Tinted rocks and rocks with Crawl Spaces will flash white every 10 seconds.|
|Store Key||83||Stores are open||Automatically opens all Shops.|
|Stud Finder||74||The ground below feels hollow...||Increases the chance to find a Crawl Space.|
|Super Magnet||68||It Pulls||Pulls enemies and pickups towards Isaac.|
|Tape Worm||65||Floooooooooop!||Doubles Isaac's range and halves his tear height.|
|Watch Battery||72||Lil charge||Increased chance of batteries spawning. Has a chance to add an extra charge to Isaac's activated item upon completing a room.|
Pickups[edit | edit source]
Hearts[edit | edit source]
|Heart||Image||Worth||Additional Info||Unlocked By|
|Gold Heart||When a Gold Heart is lost, a few coins will be dropped around you.||Complete challenge #21Gold Heart|
Coins[edit | edit source]
|Coin||Image||Worth||Additional Info||Unlocked By|
Increases luck by 1 when picked up.
|Donate 1 coin to the Greed machineLucky Pennies|
Will flip upside-down when Isaac tries to collect it. Afterwards, it will get stuck on the ground, unable to be picked up unless blasted off the ground with an explosion.
|Complete the Boss Rush as KeeperSticky Nickels|
Bombs[edit | edit source]
|Bomb||Image||Worth||Additional Info||Unlocked By|
Will not add to the player's bomb count, but when picked up, it will give the player unlimited bombs for the duration of the current floor, even if the current number of bombs is 0.
|Complete challenge #23Gold Bomb|
Pills[edit | edit source]
Gives The WaferAll sources of damage that would cause more than one half heart of damage are reduced to one half heart instead. effect while in the room. Unlocked by completing Challenge #24: PAY TO PLAY.
Makes Isaac take a full heart of damage from all sources for the current room. Unlocked by completing Challenge #24: PAY TO PLAY.
For a short time, poop spawns wherever Isaac moves, like Explosive Diarrhea but with poop. A higher move speed means you can touch more tiles in the same time. A pun on laxatives. Unlocked by completing Challenge #25: Have a Heart.
Gives the Curse of the Maze effect for the remainder of the floor. The effect can stack with other curses. If no other curses are active for the floor, Curse of the Maze will appear under the level name when TAB is held. This effect cannot be negated by Black CandlePrevents curses. Grants one black heart. Increases the chance for a Devil or angel room to appear.. Unlocked by completing Challenge #25: Have a Heart.
|32||One makes you larger|
Increases Isaac's size and decreases the pitch of his voice. This effect does not increase the size of Isaac's hitbox. These pills contribute to the Stompy transformation.
|33||One makes you small|
Decreases Isaac's size and increases the pitch of his voice. This effect decreases the size of Isaac's hitbox.
Destroys all poop in the room and spawns a single Blue Spider under Isaac and on each destroyed poop.
Spawns Blue Spiders equal to the number of enemies in the room. If there are no enemies in the room, spawns 1-3 Blue Spiders.
Activates an effect similar to The GamekidUpon use, turns the character into a into a Pac-Man-like creature for 5 seconds, granting invulnerability, inflicting fear on all enemies, and replenishing half a red heart container for every two enemies killed..
Briefly pixelates the screen 3 times over 30 seconds.
|38||Friends Till The End!|
Spawns three blue flies.
Cards[edit | edit source]
|? Card||48||Double active||When used, copies the effect of Isaac's currently held activated collectible item.|
|Get out of Jail Free Card||47||Open Sesame||Upon use, opens all doors in the current room (including the golden door at The Chest / Dark Room), similar to Dad's Key.|
Runes[edit | edit source]
|Blank Rune||40||???||Grants a random rune effect (excluding the Black Rune). Has a 25% chance to spawn another Blank Rune upon use.|
Consumables[edit | edit source]
|Dice Shard||49||D6 + D20||Upon use, activates the effects of the D6 and the D20 at the same time.|
|Emergency Contact||50||Help from above||When used, will cause two Mom's Hands to come down and grab two random enemies.|
Chests[edit | edit source]
- Eternal Chests are similar in appearance to Gold Chests, except they glow bright blue instead of gold, like a soul heart. They require one key to unlock, but can be reopened a random amount of times, each time requiring another key. They can be found in Angel rooms, in I AM ERROR Rooms and rarely in a normal room. Their loot is similar to Golden Chests, but there is a 25% chance they will drop nothing upon opening. If they contain nothing or an item, they will no longer be able to be reopened.
- Spiked Chests are purple colored chests with spikes protruding from them that will deal damage to Isaac upon opening unless he has the Holy Mantle active, which nullifies the damage, or if found in The Chest/Dark Room, where they are free to open. They can be rarely found upon completing a room or in greed mode shops. Their loot is similar to Brown Chests. Unlike other chests, they do not appear on the minimap.
Sacks[edit | edit source]
- Spawns 1-4 random pickups upon touching it. It will not drop any hearts, pills or chests, and they have an increased chance to drop batteries.
Entities[edit | edit source]
Monsters[edit | edit source]
||Walks towards Isaac, dealing contact damage. Usually turns into a Pacer or a Gusher upon death.|
||Walks around the room, avoiding Isaac while spawning Drowned Chargers. Spawns a Drowned Charger upon death.|
||Slowly moves around the room, charging at Isaac when he gets in its line of sight. Explodes into four blood shots in the ordinal directions upon death.|
||Chases Isaac, dealing a full heart of contact damage. Upon taking enough damage, it collapses into a pile of goo, spawns a spider, and leaves a puddle of slowing black creep. Will regenerate after a short period of time if not killed quickly.|
|Drowned Boom Fly
||Flies around the room diagonally, dealing touch damage. Upon death, explodes, and fires four blood shots in the cardinal directions. High chance to spawn a Drowned Charger upon death.|
|Scarred Double Vis
||Randomly wanders around the room. Pauses to charge and fire a Brimstone laser which fires from all four cardinal sides when Isaac gets in its line of sight.|
||Attaches itself to a wall or obstacle and rolls around it, leaving a trail of damaging red creep.|
||Moves towards Isaac, dealing contact damage and firing short-range blood shots. Can burrow underground and reappear elsewhere.|
||Slowly walks towards Isaac. Occasionally farts, which pushes Isaac and adjacent enemies away. Has a chance to leave behind a damaging flame upon death.|
|Dank Death's Head
||Moves diagonally around the room, dealing contact damage. Needs to be killed to complete the room.|
||Quickly dashes in random directions, dealing contact damage.|
||Slowly dashes in random directions, dealing contact damage.|
||Dashes towards the player and deals contact damage. Spawns 2 Clots upon death.|
|Rag man's Rag Ling
||Quickly leaps towards Isaac and deals touch damage. Randomly shoots two purple shots that orbit around it.|
||Flies towards Isaac and attempts to mimic his movements. Deals contact damage.|
||Slowly walks towards Isaac. Occasionally pauses to fart out a line of damaging green creep towards Isaac. Chance to turn into a regular Fatty upon death.|
|Blue Conjoined Fatty
||Slowly walks towards Isaac and occasionally farts out a homing Ipecac shot at Isaac.|
||Slowly flies towards Isaac. Shoots when Isaac aligns diagonally with it and will actively try to avoid Isaac's shots.|
||Slowly drifts towards Isaac, frequently firing 5 blood shots in quick succession towards Isaac. Tries to avoid Isaac's shots and occasionally teleports and reappears elsewhere.|
||Pops out of the ground in random locations, creating a small rock wave. Fires an explosive Ipecac shot at Isaac if he is in sight.|
||Wanders around the room and throws three bones in a row at Isaac when he is in sight. Explodes upon death.|
||Chases Isaac, dealing a full heart of contact damage and spawning spiders whenever it takes damage. Spawns a spider, Black Globin's Head, and Black Globin's Body upon death.|
|Black Globin's Head
||Slides towards Isaac, leaving a trail of damaging red creep.|
|Black Globin's Body
||Walks aimlessly around the room, occasionally spawning spiders.|
||Follows Isaac in large groups and deals contact damage.|
||Slowly moves around the room, occasionally hopping and firing 6 blood shots in all directions. Splits into two Clotties upon death.|
||Moves erratically around the room, charges toward Isaac when in line of sight, and leaves behind a trail of damaging red creep. Can only be damaged from behind.|
||Walks towards Isaac, dealing contact damage and leaving behind a trail of damaging red creep. Occasionally shoots a blood shot towards Isaac.|
||Disappears, then reappears near Isaac and fires a brimstone laser.|
|Flesh Death's Head
||Moves diagonally around the room, dealing contact damage. Explodes into 6 blood shots in all directions upon death. Can be killed, but also dies when the room is cleared.|
|Mom's Dead Hand
||Falls from the ceiling. If it lands on Isaac, it deals damage and teleports the player back to the spawn room of the floor. If it doesn't land on Isaac, it spawns several rock waves that travel outwards. Spawns several spiders upon death. Entering a room containing Mom's Dead Hand will warn the player with Mom's laugh.|
||Flies around the room diagonally, occasionally spitting out a Dart Fly.|
||Pops out of the ground in random locations and spawns a Dart Fly if Isaac is in sight. Fires a blood shot after spawning 6 Dart Flies.|
||Slides around the room, occasionally stopping to spew a fountain of short-range blood shots in all directions or to spit a line of damaging red creep. Spawns a Host upon death.|
||Invulnerable and stationary enemy which Isaac falls into when walked over, taking damage and popping back out after a short delay.|
||Invulnerable and stationary enemy which sucks Isaac towards itself. Isaac falls into it when walked over, taking damage and popping back out after a short delay.|
||Invulnerable and stationary enemy which Isaac falls into when walked over, taking damage and popping back out at a random location after a short delay.|
|Ultra Greed Coin (Spinner)
||Spins around the room, dealing contact damage.|
|Ultra Greed Coin (Key)
||Spins on itself and opens a golden door around the room if not destroyed.|
|Ultra Greed Coin (Bomb)
||Spins on itself and explodes with a large radius if not destroyed.|
|Ultra Greed Coin (Heart)
||Spins on itself and heals Ultra Greed for 13.125 HP each if not destroyed.|
||Goes off when destroyed or after some time, then releases a cloud of poisonous gas and fires corny shots in eight directions.|
||Gathers with other Hush Flies and flies towards Isaac in certain patterns. Can also orbit Hush.|
||Walks towards Isaac, dealing contact damage.|
||Stationary enemy that decreases in size when hit, but regenerates to its full size until fully destroyed. Fires 1-3 blood shots towards Isaac when fully swollen.|
||Walks towards Isaac, dealing contact damage.|
Bosses[edit | edit source]
|Rag Man||Little Horn||Dangle||Turdlings|
|The Frail||The Stain||The Forsaken||Brownie|
Beggars[edit | edit source]
Bomb Bums are extremely rare, and ask for bombs. Each bomb donated has a chance to have him drop 1-2 bomb pickups or an item from the Bomb Bum Item Pool. After spawning a pedestal item, the Bomb Bum will disappear and can no longer be donated to.
Environment[edit | edit source]
Chapters[edit | edit source]
|Burning Basement||Flooded Caves|
|Burning Basement||Flooded Caves|
|Dank Depths||Scarred Womb|
|Dank Depths||Scarred Womb|
|??? (Blue Womb)|
Challenges[edit | edit source]
|23. Blue Bomber||
|Destroy 10 tinted rocks and defeat Mom's Heart 11 timesBlue Bomber||Gold BombComplete challenge #23|
|Defeat Isaac 5 timesBRAINS!||Stud FinderComplete challenge #27|
|25. Have a Heart||
|/||Defeat Mom for the 1st timeHave a Heart||2 new pillsComplete challenge #24|
|26. I RULE!||
|Defeat ??? or The Lamb for the 1st time, and defeat Satan as IsaacI RULE!||Poker ChipComplete challenge #26|
|29. Onan's Streak||
|Defeat Mom for the 1st timeOnan's Streak||Kidney StoneComplete challenge #29 ( The unlock is bugged and actually unlocks Blank Rune)|
|24. PAY TO PLAY||
|Defeat Isaac as CainPAY TO PLAY||2 new pillsComplete challenge #24|
|28. PRIDE DAY!||
|/||Defeat Mom for the 1st timePRIDE DAY!||D8Complete challenge #28|
within 16 minutes, otherwise under constant periodic damage every 10 seconds.
|Defeat Mom for the 1st timeSPEED!||Get out of Jail Free CardComplete challenge #22|
|30. The Guardian||
|/||Defeat Mom for the 1st timeThe Guardian||Blank RuneComplete challenge #30 ( The unlock is bugged and actually unlocks Kidney Stone)|
|/||Defeat Mom for the 1st timeXXXXXXXXL||Gold HeartComplete challenge #21|
Changes[edit | edit source]
Player[edit | edit source]
Characters[edit | edit source]
- His mini-brimstone's range can be increased with range up items or pills.
- He is unlocked by dying in a Sacrifice Room while holding Missing PosterIf Isaac dies in a Sacrifice Room, a puzzle piece will appear on his last will ( and unlocks The Lost). Revives Isaac as The Lost if unlocked. The Missing Poster then disappears..
Items[edit | edit source]
Activated Collectibles[edit | edit source]
- Bob's Rotten HeadUpon use, Isaac holds a poison bomb which can be thrown towards any of the four cardinal points and explodes on impact.
- The head deals 3 times Isaac's tear damage as poison over time instead of either 6 or 8 points.
- The Book of BelialUpon use increases damage by 2 for the current room and by a further +50% if the character also has the Blood of the Martyr.
Guarantees a Devil Room or Angel Room will be open after beating a boss while holding it, or increases the chance by 12.5%.
- Increases the chance to open the Devil Room or Angel Room by 12.5% after killing a boss while holding it instead of guaranting it.
- Book of RevelationsAdds 1 soul heart, increases the chance for a Devil or Angel Room to appear, and increases the chance for the next boss to be a Horseman (except on XL floors and floors with fixed bosses such as Mom).
- Increases chance for a Devil/Angel Room Door to open by 17.5% instead of 35%.
- Butter BeanIsaac farts and pushes back nearby enemies.
- Knocks back enemy shots.
- Crack the SkySummons multiple beams of light in random locations around the room, dealing a large amount of damage to any enemy that touches them.
- The beams have a high chance to directly target enemies.
- D4Rerolls all of Isaac's items.
- Previously held items are removed from the pause menu.
- The D6Allows Isaac to re-roll collectible items in the current room into other items, depending on the current room's Item Pool.
- Reroll an item after defeating The Fallen no longer replace the Devil Room item he drops to a random item from the normal boss item pool.
- D10Rerolls the enemies in a room. Only rerolls enemies that are still alive (does not spawn new enemies).
- Fly enemies are only rerolled into other fly enemies.
- Red flies can't be rerolled anymore (even though enemies can be rerolled into them).
- Flush!Changes all enemies in the room into poop. Does not work on all enemies (Knights and bosses are immune). Instantly kills Dingle, Dangle, and Brownie.
- Floods the whole room with water.
- Flushes all poop-related enemies and bosses away.
- The ladders are covered in water but the walls are not when used inside a crawl space.
- Can no longer be used without red heart containers.
- Has a 50% chance to rotate all beams around the player 90 degrees, similar to Krampus' second Brimstone attack.
- Sprite changed.
- Monstro's ToothMonstro jumps onto a random enemy, doing area damage. Can damage/kill the player if summoned in an room without enemies.
- Has no effect if Monstro is in the room the item is used in.
- The PoopSpawns a pile of poop where the character is standing and knocks nearby monsters back. May yield pickups like regular poop.
- Knocks back enemy shots.
- ScissorsUpon use, turns Isaac's head into a stationary familiar for the current room which fires normal tears that deal 3.5 damage.
- Its recharge time is 2 rooms instead of 6 rooms.
- UndefinedTeleports Isaac to either the Secret Room, Super Secret Room, Treasure Room, or I AM ERROR.
- Dark Room can no longer be cleared repeatedly.
Passive Collectibles[edit | edit source]
- 20/20Grants double shot.
- Sprite changed.
- 3 Dollar BillGives Isaac a random tear effect every room.
The effect given changes upon entering a room.
The effect changes every 3 seconds.
- The type of randomized tear changes every 2–3 seconds. The item appears to select two tear effects at once, perhaps staggering the times at which each of those effects change.
- If a run is quit, and then continued, 3 Dollar Bill will keep tear effects for the current room.
- AbelA familiar that mirrors the player's movements and shoots in the opposite direction.
- Shoots tears towards Isaac regardless of which direction Isaac is shooting.
- Ball of BandagesOrbiting familiar that deals damage to enemies. If collected while already having one, makes the familiar evolve. Only drops from Horsemen. Similar to Cube of Meat.
- Blocks enemy shots.
- Bob's BrainSpawns a familiar that charges forward when shooting tears and explodes upon contact with an enemy, damaging and poisoning them. The familiar respawns after a few seconds.
- Bob's Brain is fired directly from where it is located in the chain of familiars behind Isaac, making aiming it slightly more difficult.
- Each copy takes up its own spot on the familiar line, but only the first one launches out. Respawning brains may end up stacking on top of each other.
- Bomb BagIsaac is followed by a small bag that drops a Bomb, 1+1 Free, or a Troll Bomb every 3 rooms.
- Can drop a gold bomb.
- BoxSpawns 1 of each (non-collectible) item: 1 coin, 1 key, 1 bomb, 1 heart, 1 card, 1 pill, 1 trinket.
- Can drop a gold bomb.
- Butt BombsGives +5 bombs and makes all bombs Butt Bombs that fill the room with gas, damaging and confusing all enemies.
- Cain's Other EyeSpawns a familiar that floats slowly around the room on a zig-zag pattern similar to The Peeper and shoots normal tears in the same direction as Isaac.
- Each tear deals Isaac's base damage.
- The poison hits twice, dealing a total of double Isaac's damage.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired.
- Each bomb deals 5 times the character's normal tear damage instead of 3, plus a flat 30 damage. The flat 30 is not affected by damage multipliers.
- Fire MindGrants flaming tears that deal burning damage over time. Tears have a chance to explode on impact with an enemy, which creates a fire at the location of the explosion.
- Isaac gives a wide glow lighting up dark areas, such as those under the effects of the Curse of Darkness or the Dark One's attacks.
- Isaac's HeartIsaac himself is now immune to all damage, and a heart familiar appears and follows Isaac. If the heart is hurt, Isaac is hurt.
- Brimstone shots damage the heart.
- Nullifies effects of One Makes You Small pills, One Makes You Larger pills, and other items which decrease size, such as Caffeine Pill.
- Lost ContactEvery tear has a small shield which will allow it to block one enemy projectile.
- Gives a shield to familiar's tears.
- Speed boost is applied immediately.
- Mom's ContactsAdds a chance to shoot petrifying tears, which stop enemies in place and prevent them from moving or attacking. Range up.
- Range and tears height buffs are applied immediately.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.
- If picked up twice in the same run, two knives are fired at once.
- Punching BagSpawns a Mulligan Familiar that will wander the room randomly. Enemies will attack the Mulligan if it's closer.
- Dies after taking too much damage and then respawns after a long period of time. Exiting and continuing the run will cause it to reappear right away.
- Dies instantly by enemies' beam-type attacks, such as Uriel's and Gabriel's beam. This also includes enemies' Technology lasers such as Eye and Camillo Jr..
- Reappears instantly each time a familiar or orbital item is picked up.
- The poison hits twice, dealing a total of double Isaac's damage.
- Steam SaleReduces all Shop prices by 50%, rounded down to 7 coins for an item, rounded up to 2-3 coins for a pickup.
- Having multiple Steam Sales reduces all shop prices to 0 coins.
- Causes the Deals with the Devil not to convert the heart type automatically.
- Stop Watch Automatically inflicts slow to all enemies in every room.
Upon taking damage, inflicts slow to all enemies for the current room.
- The slow is only applied after the player is hit.
- Isaac's bombs are magnetically attracted to the player character's tears.
- Tech.5Grants a unlimited range piercing laser with random rate of fire that does not replace tears. The laser might occasionally fire with the effect of a random item or trinket, such as Hook Worm, Spoon Bender or Tiny Planet.
- Each poison hit deals damage equal to Isaac's tear damage instead of 4 or 6 damage.
- Enemies killed after they have been inflicted with this type of poison have a 20% chance to drop black hearts.
Trinkets[edit | edit source]
- Match StickIncreases the chance of Bombs dropping after clearing a room, and the chance of finding Bombs when opening a Chest.
- Can replace the Tick.
- Missing PosterIf Isaac dies in a Sacrifice Room, a puzzle piece will appear on his last will ( and unlocks The Lost). Revives Isaac as The Lost if unlocked. The Missing Poster then disappears.
- No longer displays a particular puzzle piece on the last will screen if Isaac dies in a Sacrifice Room while holding it.
- Dying in a Sacrifice Room while holding it unlock The Lost, regardless of current character.
- If The Lost was already unlocked, Isaac will be revived as The Lost and Missing Poster will be consumed.
- If the player's character is already The Lost, he will be revived in the previous room and Missing Poster will be consumed.
- Mysterious PaperHas a chance to replicate the effects of A Missing Page, The Polaroid, The Negative, or Missing Poster.
- TickDrain 15% health of each enemy with more than 60 HP (ie. most bosses). Also restores one red heart of Isaac whenever he enters an uncleared boss room. The Tick cannot be swapped out for another trinket.
- Can be replaced by Match Stick.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
Pickups[edit | edit source]
Bombs[edit | edit source]
- Troll Bombs are now given a random amount of time before exploding. Before that they always exploded at a fixed time. This means that if two Troll Bombs spawn at the exact same time right next to each other, there's a high chance one Troll Bomb will blow up before the other, sending that Troll Bomb sliding outwards a bit before exploding.
Entities[edit | edit source]
Monsters[edit | edit source]
- Only leaves behind bones when killed.
Environment[edit | edit source]
Rooms[edit | edit source]
- Double Trouble boss rooms can now contain 2 bosses of different types. Additionally, they can appear as early as Chapter 1.
- Possible rewards found in the room include:
- Urns might spawn in the room.
- Killing Key key master and shell game beggar no longer applies the 25% bonus.
- Donating to a normal beggar until it pays out with an item on the current floor applies a 10% bonus instead of 25%.
- Donating to a Devil beggar until it pays out with an item on the current floor applies a 10% bonus instead of 25%.
- If this coin flip succeeds, a Devil Room will be generated regardless of the above coin flips.
- "You feel blessed!" fortune in the Sacrifice Room of the current floor applies a bonus:
- If the "You feel blessed!" fortune appeared on the 3rd sacrifice, the chance will be 15%.
- If the "You feel blessed!" fortune appeared on the 5th sacrifice, the chance will be 50%.
- If both "You feel blessed!" fortunes appeared, the chance will be 65%.
- Angel Rooms that spawn after Isaac defeats Mom's Heart or It Lives will be normal Angel Rooms with items or pickups.
- A troll bomb can sometimes appear behind the Angel Statue, blowing it up. If the Angel fights have been unlocked, this will begin the boss fight if the player is not careful or quick enough to move the bomb.
- The clean bedroom occasionally has two clean beds instead of one.
- The trapdoor in a dirty bedroom has a chance to lead to a Crawl Space.
- Occasionally, one Rag Man will spawn inside the dirty bedroom.
- There is a chance that there will only be 2 items to choose from. Additionally, items may be trapped behind rocks or spikes. Items may appear in the corners of the room instead of the center.
- All 15 waves are randomized. Each wave spawns two random bosses from the list. Each boss can only appear once per Boss Rush.
- New layouts:
- If a sack spawns for whatever reason, picking it up will start the Boss Rush. The player can still pick up one of the pedestal items.
- Black Market can no longer be accessed in The Chest and The Dark Room, and therefore cannot be used to collect more items.
- The three waves appear in random orders rather than the original orders.
- The payouts only depend on the number of sacrifices made. The number of sacrifices is reset to 0 when the player goes to the next floor.
- Rewards are reworked:
|Number of sacrifices on Current Floor||Possible Rewards|
|12th and onwards||
- Losing red hearts due to the spikes will reduce the chance for a Devil Room to appear.
- The amount of luck that the player has does not affect the payout probabilities.
- Angels are normally able to fly over spikes, but will take damage from sacrifice room spikes.
- New layouts:
- Can contain 2 reward plates.
- There is a small chance when you bomb the Shopkeeper that they can turn into Greed and start attacking you.
- The Dark Room theme contains 4 Nulls and 6 pills or runes instead of 1 black heart.
- New themes:
- There's a rare chance that a treasure room might contains two items to choose from, only one of which can be taken.
- Treasure rooms may also contain a restock box, allowing Isaac to re-roll offered items if he has coins or bombs.
- New layouts:
Other[edit | edit source]
- When not having red hearts in Devil Room, the price of items switches to soul hearts.
- Krampus has a new attack pattern.
- The floor icons on the stage transition sprites are updated; instead of being large rectangles with the unknown ones being grey, the sprites feature a much thinner and more detailed border with the unknown floors being represented by an closed trap door.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Afterbirth is the placenta and fetal membranes discharged from the uterus after the birth of offspring, which might be why the title screen is bloody.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|