Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Effects[edit | edit source]
- +0.3 tears up
- Allows tears to be fired diagonally.
- With a keyboard or using buttons to fire with a controller, tears can be shot at 45-degree angles by holding two buttons. This is known as eight-directional firing.
- With an analog controller, analog input is accepted, allowing full analog aiming in any direction.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Enables full directional firing for keyboard and mouse users with the accessibility option
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's./ The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.: When tears are fired diagonally, the split tears will also move diagonally.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired.: Allows bombs to be fired in the cardinal directions and diagonally.
- Ghost PepperAdds a chance to shoot a fire that damages enemies and remains in place until it deals enough damage or the room is left.: Flames as well as tears can be fired diagonally.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: Explosive tears can be fired diagonally.
- Kidney StoneRandomly while firing tears, Isaac will stop firing and turn red, where he will charge and release a lot of 'tears' in one go. In the burst of tears is a kidney stone which deals a lot of damage.: Tear barrage and stone can be fired diagonally.
- Pop!Replaces Isaac's tears with eyeballs that can bounce off of each other. The eyeballs are not limited by range, and will instead dissipate when they stop moving or when hitting an enemy or obstacle.: Eyeball tears can be fired diagonally and can be knocked around by other tears.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: Lasers can be fired diagonally.
- Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.: Laser rings can be fired diagonally.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: Allows the laser to be fired diagonally.
- Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle.: When bone tears are fired diagonally, the bone shards will not always move diagonally.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: No effect because missiles already can be fired in any direction.
- EuthanasiaAdds a chance to fire needles. If a needle kills an enemy, it bursts into more needles.: Needles can be fired diagonally, however, burst needles will fire in all directions.
- HaemolacriaTears are now fired in an arc. Upon hitting the floor, an obstacle, or an enemy, they burst into many smaller tears in all directions. Increases tear delay.: When tears are fired diagonally, the split tears will burst in random directions.
- IncubusA demonic familiar that follows Isaac and shoots tears identical to Isaac's in terms of damage, range, fire rate, and effects.: Incubus cannot fire in non-cardinal directions, only tears up applies.
- LachryphagyIsaac's tears decelerate as they travel. Upon stopping or hitting an obstacle, they burst into 8 tears in all directions. Tears can be fired into other tears to feed them, increasing their damage.: Tears can be fired diagonally and be fed. However, when they burst, they will burst in all directions.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: No effect because the tear can already move in any direction.
- MarkedIsaac will now fire tears automatically directed at a red target on the ground which is controlled by the player. This allows for a full 360 degree tear firing radius. Can be overridden by other tear modifiers such as Mom's Knife or Brimstone.: Overridden by Marked.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power. - Only the tears up applies, as Mom's Knife can already be fired at 45-degree angles without Analog Stick. However, if the player is using an analog controller, then Analog Stick is helpful as it allows full 360 degree movement.
- Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: Tear barrage can be fired in roughly diagonal directions.
- Tiny PlanetRange up and makes shot tears revolve around Isaac until they drop.: Overriden by Tiny Planet.
- Tractor BeamIsaac emits a beam from his face. Isaac's tears travel in the path of the beam. - Overriden by Tractor Beam since the beam is only in a cardinal direction.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name and item sprite is a reference to a part of controllers used for moving characters and the camera in video games.
- The item is similar to MarkedIsaac will now fire tears automatically directed at a red target on the ground which is controlled by the player. This allows for a full 360 degree tear firing radius. Can be overridden by other tear modifiers such as Mom's Knife or Brimstone. allowing firing in more directions. For use without an analog controller, Marked fires in more angles than Analog Stick, however effective cursor control is needed.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|