Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
|(page 1, column 2, row 4)|
Anarchist Cookbook is an activated item.
Effect[edit | edit source]
- Spawns six troll bombs, usually near the center of the room.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- All passive bomb effect items affect the spawned troll bombs.
- Using this item without any blast protection is not recommended as it is very easy to be caught in the blast.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Bomber Boy+5 bombs. Isaac's bombs will now explode in a large cross-shaped pattern (roughly 5 bombs explosions wide). This also affects troll bombs.: Not recommended. The cross pattern explosion makes it very hard to avoid taking damage.
- Scatter BombsAdds 5 bombs. Isaac's bombs explode into 2-4 tiny bombs.: Not recommended. Each troll bomb will spawn several smaller bombs upon exploding, making it very hard to avoid taking damage.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is a reference to the book of the same name, which explains how to make explosives, rudimentary communication devices and other items.
- In the original The Binding of Isaac, Anarchist Cookbook's bombs did not synergize with as many items as it does in Rebirth. For example, Anarchist Cookbook + Bobby-BombGives Isaac 5 Bombs, and causes all dropped bombs to home towards the closest enemy. did not result in homing troll bombs.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
Treasure room adjacent to spawn)2GC2 CMD4 (
Treasure room adjacent to spawn)1441 BKZ7 (
Treasure room adjacent to spawn)JCLE 3AFY (
- Anarchist CookbookSpawns six troll bombs around the room.
- Bob's CurseGives 5 bombs and grants all bombs poison effect.
- Bob's Rotten HeadUpon use, Isaac holds a poison bomb which can be thrown towards any of the four cardinal points and explodes on impact.
- Bobby-BombGives Isaac 5 Bombs, and causes all dropped bombs to home towards the closest enemy.
- Bomber Boy+5 bombs. Isaac's bombs will now explode in a large cross-shaped pattern (roughly 5 bombs explosions wide). This also affects troll bombs.
- Boom!Grants 10 bombs.
- Butt BombsGives +5 bombs and makes all bombs Butt Bombs that fill the room with gas, damaging and confusing all enemies.
- Curse of the TowerCauses Isaac to spawn 6 troll bombs on the floor every time he gets hit, similar to the Anarchist Cookbook mechanic.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired.
- Fast BombsGrants 7 bombs and allows bombs to be placed rapidly.
- Glitter BombsGives Isaac 5 bombs, and makes Isaac's bombs have a chance to drop random pickups or charm enemies when they explode.
- Hot BombsGrants 5 bombs. Isaac's bombs leave behind fire that damages enemies upon contact.
- Mama Mega!Damages all enemies and destroys all obstacles. The effect occurs every time a new room is entered for the rest of the floor. Opens doors to the floor's secret and super secret rooms.
- Mr. BoomDrops a large bomb.
- Mr. MegaGives Isaac 5 bombs, and makes all dropped bombs larger, which have an increased blast radius and increased damage.
- No. 2Continuously firing tears for several seconds causes Isaac to drop a Butt Bomb. Butt Bombs explode for 50 damage like normal bombs, but also deal 10 damage to all enemies in the room and daze them for a short period of time.
- PyroAdds 99 bombs.
- Remote DetonatorBombs you place explode only when you use this item. Gives 5 bombs.
- Sad Bombs+5 Bombs. Upon exploding, bombs shoot 8 tears off in every direction, similar to Tammy's Head. The tears are affected by any tear modifiers Isaac has on his own tears.
- Scatter BombsAdds 5 bombs. Isaac's bombs explode into 2-4 tiny bombs.
- Sticky Bombs+5 bombs. Bombs stick to enemies and spawn 2-4 blue spiders if they kill an enemy.
- Blasting CapExploding bombs have a chance to drop another bomb pickup.
- Bob's BladderLeaves a pool of green creep under all bombs Isaac places, which damages enemies that walk over it.
- Anarchist CookbookSpawns six troll bombs around the room.
- The BibleUpon activation, Isaac gains flight, allowing him to pass over all obstacles in the current room. Instantly kills Mom, Mom's Heart, and It Lives when activated, but will kill Isaac when activated while fighting Satan.
- The Book of BelialUpon use increases damage by 2 for the current room and by a further +50% if the character also has the Blood of the Martyr.
Guarantees a Devil Room or Angel Room will be open after beating a boss while holding it, or increases the chance by 12.5%.
- Book of the DeadUpon use, spawns a friendly Bony or an orbital bone for each enemy killed in the current room.
- Book of RevelationsAdds 1 soul heart, increases the chance for a Devil or Angel Room to appear, and increases the chance for the next boss to be a Horseman (except on XL floors and floors with fixed bosses such as Mom).
- Book of SecretsUpon use, gives the effect of Treasure Map, The Compass, or Blue Map for the duration of the current floor.
- Book of ShadowsUpon use, creates a protective shield nullifying all types of damage for 10 seconds.
- The Book of SinSpawns a random pickup, pill, card, or trinket.
- How to JumpGives Isaac the ability to jump (over gaps, spikes, etc.).
- Monster ManualSummons a random familiar for the current room. Can summon familiars not yet unlocked.
- The NecronomiconDamages all enemies in the room significantly.
- Satanic BibleUpon activation, Isaac gains a black heart.
- Telepathy for DummiesUpon activation, grants homing tears for the current room.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|