Locations[edit | edit source]
- A random angel will appear when bombing an angel statue in an Angel Room.
- Dark "fallen" versions of both angels will show up during the battle against Mega Satan.
- Fallen Uriel has 450 health instead of 400.
- Fallen Gabriel has 750 health instead of 660.
- Uriel will appear after the 9th sacrifice and Gabriel will appear after the 11th sacrifice in a Sacrifice Room.
- A random angel has a chance of appearing in Boss Rush, though it will not drop a Key Piece on death.
- Angel Statues can sometimes appear in Super Secret Rooms, and I AM ERROR rooms.
- There's a small chance for an angel statue to replace the devil statue in the Devil Room.
Uriel[edit | edit source]
Uriel wears a light blue scarf. He will always drop Key Piece 1.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
- Moves towards Isaac, and attempts to position himself above Isaac while doing so.
- Stops movement, folds his wings, then fires 5 spread blood tears in Isaac's direction.
- Stops movement, hands begin to glow then either shoots a single beam of light straight downward or 2 beams in diagonal directions.
Gabriel[edit | edit source]
Gabriel wears a bright red scarf. He will always drop Key Piece 2.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
- Moves towards Isaac, and attempts to position himself above or below Isaac while doing so.
- Stops movement, folds his wings, then either shoots a ring of 12 blood tears or shoots light beams in the diagonal directions.
- Stops movement, folds his wings and claps his hands, then summons an Angelic Baby.
- Stops movement, hands begin to glow, then shoots light beams in the cardinal directions.
Unlockable Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Dad's Key - Pick up both Key Pieces from the Angels in one run.
- The Family Man - Pick up both Key Pieces from the Angels in one run.
- Filigree Feather - Acquire both key pieces.
- Angelic Prism - Defeat an Angel 10 times.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Fallen Uriel ingame.
Uriel as one of Delirium's forms.
Fallen Gabriel ingame.
Gabriel as one of Delirium's forms.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The angels will always alternate in order of appearance. Thus, if you have already defeated Uriel, the next angel spawn is guaranteed to be Gabriel and vice versa.
- If the player defeats an angel and they already have both Key Pieces, no Key Piece will drop. However, if this occurs, it counts as a normal room clear, and the player may be rewarded with a pickup or chest.
- Angels will only drop a Key Piece the first time they are defeated, even if Isaac does not pick up the Key Piece.
- Angels will drop a Key Piece even if they were defeated before. Additionally, if Isaac has one of the Key Pieces, angels will always drop the other piece, even if he already skipped that piece or that particular angel normally wouldn't drop it (for instance, Uriel will drop Key Piece 2 if Isaac already has Key Piece 1 from fighting him earlier).
- Rerolling Key Piece 1 or Key Piece 2 will yield an item from a pool, depending on which room the Key Pieces are in.
- Rerolling the Key Pieces in an Angel Room will yield an item from the Angel Room item pool.
- The hitbox for the angel's beams of light are off and causes Isaac to take damage if he is anywhere near them, even if he does not touch the beam.
- Angels will drop items from the Angel Room item pool instead of the Key Pieces if Isaac is holding Filigree Feather.
- Sometimes, two angel statues can appear in the same room. Destroying both at the same time will spawn both Uriel and Gabriel, but only one Key Piece will drop. If each angel is spawned and defeated separately, both will drop Key Pieces.
- Uriel and Gabriel are immune to the Fear effect.
- When spawned inside a Sacrifice Room, the room does not get locked, allowing Isaac to simply walk out of the fight.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Uriel (or Auriel/Oriel) is one of the archangels of post-Exilic Rabbinic tradition, and also of certain Christian traditions. The name means "God is my light" - in Hebrew, ori (or uri) means "my light" and el means "god".
- Gabriel is an archangel who typically serves as a messenger sent from God to certain people in Abrahamic religions. The name means "God is my strength".
- Uriel and Gabriel, along with the angel statues, have no face. This is about Exodus 33:20 in the Bible.
- "But," He said, "you cannot see my face, for man shall not see me and live."
- Uriel and Gabriel may be based on Seraphim and Cherubim angels. Seraphims are angels that fly above god’s throne while Cherubim guard the throne.
|Seven Deadly Sins||Envy • Gluttony • Wrath • Pride • Lust • Greed • Sloth|
|Super Sins||Super Envy • Super Gluttony • Super Wrath • Super Pride • Super Lust • Super Greed • Super Sloth • Ultra Pride|
|Devil/Angel Rooms||Krampus • Uriel • Gabriel|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|