Angel Rooms feature an angel and several free items: the divine equivalent of the Devil Room. Every time the Devil room is spawned/entered, there's a chance for it to be replaced by the Angel Room if certain conditions are met. After beating the Dark Room or The Chest once, an Angel can be awoken by planting a bomb near the statue (or destroying it with LeoAllows you to crush rocks when you walk over them. or similar items). This will begin an angel boss fight and allow Isaac to pick up Key Piece 1Combined with Key Piece 2, unlocks the golden gate in the starting room of The Chest and Dark Room to fight Mega Satan. or Key Piece 2Combined with Key Piece 1, unlocks the golden gate in the starting room of The Chest and Dark Room to fight Mega Satan.. Both pieces are needed to get through the Golden Door in the Chest or the Dark Room to fight Mega Satan.
Possible Contents[edit | edit source]
Possible rewards found in the room include:
- 2 eternal hearts
- 3 soul hearts
- 1 Item from the angel room pool
- 4 eternal hearts and 1 soul heart
- 2 angel chests
- 1 eternal heart, and 4 soul hearts behind key blocks
- 5 soul hearts
- 2 angel room pool items to choose from
- 3 angel room pool items to choose from
- 4 angel room pool items to choose from
- 6 coins
- 2 soul hearts and 1 gold heart
If an Angel Room appears upon defeating Mom's Heart or It Lives, it will only contain a beam of light leading to The Cathedral.
Angel Rooms that appear upon defeating It Lives no longer contain beams of light and instead have normal Angel Room contents.
Conditions to Make Angel Rooms Appear[edit | edit source]
- A Devil Room door has spawned on any previous floor.
- No items from the Devil Room or black market have been paid for with health throughout the run.
- Taking red chest items, using Credit CardConverts all items in the Shop or Devil Room into pickups or items on pedestals, allowing them to be picked up for free., using CouponUpon use, makes a random item from a shop, devil deal, or black market free., or collecting an item from Krampus doesn't count.
- Even though it technically doesn't cost any health, taking a devil deal with The Lost will still prevent Angel Rooms from appearing.
Sacrifice Room Exception[edit | edit source]
- On the 3rd and 5th sacrifice in a sacrifice room, there is a 66% chance that the player will receive the "You feel blessed!" effect. This will increase the chances of the Angel Room spawning even if the previous conditions have not been met.
- On the 6th sacrifice in a sacrifice room, there is a 33% chance that the player will be teleported to the Angel Room if they haven't already visited or opened the Devil Room for that floor. This will occur even if the previous conditions have not been met.
Angel Room Generation Chance[edit | edit source]
The selection between Angel Room and Devil Room is made upon opening the door after defeating the floor's boss (or upon teleporting to the room using a JokerTeleports you to the Devil Room or Angel Room. card or a red chest).
The game makes a series of coin flips to determine if an Angel Room will appear or not. If one of these coin flips succeeds, an Angel Room is generated (except for the Devil beggar coin flip). If all the coin flips fail or no coin flips are done, a Devil Room is generated. Satisfying certain conditions gives additional coin flips with varying probabilities:
|Holding Rosary BeadIncreases the chance of Angel Rooms appearing. Increases the chance to find The Bible in the Library and Shop.||50%|
|Donating 10 coins to the donation machine on the current floor||50%|
|Holding Key Piece 1Combined with Key Piece 2, unlocks the golden gate in the starting room of The Chest and Dark Room to fight Mega Satan.||25%|
|Holding Key Piece 2Combined with Key Piece 1, unlocks the golden gate in the starting room of The Chest and Dark Room to fight Mega Satan.||25%|
|Killing a Devil beggar, key master, or shell game beggar on the current floor **
|Donating to a normal beggar until it pays out with an item on the current floor **
|Donating to a Devil beggar until it pays out with an item on the current floor **
| "You feel blessed!" fortune in the sacrifice room of the current floor
|Holding EucharistAn Angel Room door will always spawn after every boss fight, excluding the first floor and floors after Utero II/Womb II.||Guaranteed|
** These conditions share the same "coin flip chance" in Rebirth.
Examples[edit | edit source]
If Isaac meets the prerequisites and has Key Piece 1Combined with Key Piece 2, unlocks the golden gate in the starting room of The Chest and Dark Room to fight Mega Satan. with him, the game will make two coin flips to determine if he gets an Angel Room or not. The first coin flip has a 50% success chance and the second one has a 25% success chance. Isaac will only get a Devil Room if both coin flips fail, and he will get an Angel Room if one of the coin flips succeeds. The chance of failure is 0.5 * 0.75 = 0.375, which means the chance of success is 1 - 0.375 = 0.625. Thus, Isaac has a 62.5% chance to get an Angel Room.
If Isaac meets the prerequisites, has Key Piece 1Combined with Key Piece 2, unlocks the golden gate in the starting room of The Chest and Dark Room to fight Mega Satan., and has destroyed a Devil beggar on the current floor, the chance to fail all coin flips (and get a Devil Room) become 0.5 * 0.75 * 0.75 = 0.28125, which means that the chance of success is 1 - 0.28125 = 0.71875. Thus, Isaac has a 71.875% chance to get an Angel Room.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The highest Angel Room chance is 95.25% in Rebirth and 98.34% in Afterbirth (with the sacrifice room blessings).
- EucharistAn Angel Room door will always spawn after every boss fight, excluding the first floor and floors after Utero II/Womb II. guarantees that an Angel Room will spawn on every possible floor.
- It is possible to be teleported to an Angel Room from a JokerTeleports you to the Devil Room or Angel Room. card or a red chest.
- It is also possible to teleport there from the 6th sacrifice of a sacrifice room.
- If an Angel Room spawns after the player defeats Mom's Heart or It Lives, instead of items or pickups, a beam of light will appear. Touching this beam of light will take the player to the Cathedral. The Angel can still be awoken by destroying the statue in this room. The beam of light will disappear for the duration of the fight.
- The rock behind the Angel can rarely be a tinted rock.
- A troll bomb can sometimes appear behind the Angel Statue, blowing it up. If the Angel fights have been unlocked, this will begin the boss fight if the player is not careful or quick enough to move the bomb.
- Two angel statues can appear in the same room, allowing Isaac to fight both Uriel and Gabriel. It is possible to get both Key Pieces if Isaac awakes and fights each of them one by one; however, fighting both at once will only spawn one Key Piece corresponding to the last defeated angel.
- Contrary to popular belief, the Bible TractIncreases chance for eternal hearts to spawn. doesn't allow Angel Rooms to appear after paying for a Devil Deal.
Unlockable Achievements[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|