Ankh is a passive item.
Effect[edit | edit source]
- Grants an extra life.
- Isaac will respawn as ??? in the previous room.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Because characters are respawned as ???, if Azazel or The Lost are resurrected by this item, they will lose the ability to fly unless they picked up items granting such abilities.
- Like other items that grant an extra life, but respawn Isaac as a different character, all Completion Marks earned from the moment of death onwards will count towards the new character, not the old.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Ankh is an Egyptian hieroglyph that means "life".
- Additionally, this item's effect may be inspired by the Osiris myth, which featured Osiris, a pharaoh, being murdered by his brother Set, then later resurrected as the Egyptian god of the afterlife, similarly to how Isaac resurrects as ??? upon death.
- This item works similar to Spelunky's Ankh.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
7QVK C9QK (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
NA12 SVW1 (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
FC3M LW4T (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|