Anti-Gravity is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Holding the fire buttons causes tears to hover in midair. When released, the tears will all shoot in the direction they were originally fired.
- If the fire buttons are not released, the tears will fire on their own after a while.
- -2 tear delay (increased rate of fire)
- Since this directly affects tear delay instead of changing the tears stat, it allows Isaac's rate of fire to go over the normal maximum rate.
- Tear delay decreases are only noticeable when the tears stat is high.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Gravitational effects, such as Mega Fatty's inhalation or a Gaping Maw will pull floating tears toward them.
- The range attribute only affects the lifespan of the tears after they have been released.
- Hovering tears can damage monsters like Knights or Mask of Infamy from the front, even if they don't have the piercing effect.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Bob's Rotten Head: Continues to hover in the air while the fire button is pressed after launching it.
- Brimstone: A red mist expands and then contracts, doing contact damage to any enemy that touches it. It then fires the original Brimstone shot before disappearing. It allows a new shot to be charged up immediately after firing without interrupting the first shot. It does not increase the range of Azazel's Brimstone beam.
- Chocolate Milk: Overrides Anti-Gravity.
- Compound Fracture/ Cricket's Body/ Haemolacria/ The Parasite: Burst tears will not hover even if a fire button is held.
- Cursed Eye: Overrides Anti-Gravity except for tears delay down which applies.
- Diplopia: No effect; -2 tears delay does not stack.
- Dr. Fetus: Only tear delay down applies.
- Epic Fetus: Only tear delay down applies.
- Euthanasia: If a needle tear destroys an enemy and the fire button is held, the burst needles will hover until the button is released.
- Kidney Stone: When the Kidney Stone effect is activated, the tear barrage will hover until released. The stone will not hover and will travel regardless.
- The Ludovico Technique: Only tear delay down applies.
- A Lump of Coal: Despite the visual increase in size, damage still only increases based on the distance traveled.
- Tears no longer increase in size while hovering.
- Marked: Only tear delay down applies.
- Mom's Knife: Only tear delay down applies.
- Monstro's Lung: Only tear delay down applies.
- Multidimensional Baby: Multidimensional Baby will travel the same path as the Anti-Gravity tears, easily doubling any stationary shots. Any moving tears that hit it will produce a normal moving copy, however stationary tears will spawn a copy that will eventually fall to the ground even after the direction is released.
- Stationary duplicated tears will release normally.
- My Reflection: Combines both effects. Tears will home in on Isaac instead of remaining stationary, and releasing the attack buttons will launch the tears from their position as usual.
- Technology: Only tear delay down applies.
- Tech X: Only tear delay down applies.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- The Forgotten: Each swing of his club creates an additional hitbox in front of him that lasts for about a second before proceeding forward and disappearing. The club throw is unaffected.
- Lachryphagy: Tears will float in midair, making them easier to feed. Burst tears will also float in midair before moving.
- Technology Zero: All of the tears fired are connected by electricity, creating a series of electric fences.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Isaac's appearance bears a strong resemblance to the character Dr. Manhattan of the graphic novel Watchmen.
- After picking up Anti-Gravity, whenever Isaac picks up an item that alters the appearance of his face, his head becomes the same color as ???'s.
- This item is used in Waka Waka (challenge #17).
Seeds[edit | edit source]
0K37 VS36 (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
F8YN 8SLD (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|