Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
Anti-Gravity is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Holding the fire buttons causes tears to hover in midair. When released, the tears will all shoot in the direction they were originally fired.
- If the fire buttons are not released, the tears will fire on their own after a while.
- -2 tear delay (increased rate of fire)
- Since this directly affects tear delay instead of changing the tears stat, it allows Isaac's rate of fire to go over the normal maximum rate.
- Tear delay decreases are only noticeable when the tears stat is high.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Gravitational effects, such as Mega Fatty's inhalation or a Gaping Maw will pull floating tears toward them.
- The range attribute only affects the lifespan of the tears after they have been released.
- Hovering tears can damage monsters like Knights or Mask of Infamy from the front, even if they don't have the piercing effect.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Bob's Rotten HeadUpon use, Isaac holds a poison bomb which can be thrown towards any of the four cardinal points and explodes on impact.: Continues to hover in air while the fire button is pressed after launching it.
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: A red mist expands and then contracts, doing contact damage to any enemy that touches it. It then fires the original Brimstone shot before disappearing. Allows a new shot to be charged up immediately after firing without interrupting the first shot. Does not increase the range of Azazel's Brimstone beam.
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period. + Conjoined: Fires a single laser instead of a triple laser.
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period. + Strange AttractorPickups, trinkets, and monsters are magnetically attracted to Isaac's tears.: Enemies are attracted to red mist.
- Chocolate MilkGrants charged tears that deal greater damage when fully charged.: Overrides Anti-Gravity.
- Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle. / Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's. / HaemolacriaTears are now fired in an arc. Upon hitting the floor, an obstacle, or an enemy, they burst into many smaller tears in all directions. Increases tear delay. / The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.: Burst tears will not hover even if a fire button is held.
- Cursed EyeGrants charged tears that can be fired in a tight burst of four. Getting hit while charging will teleport Isaac into another room.: Only tear delay down applies.
- DiplopiaDuplicates all pickups and item pedestals in the room.: No effect; -2 tears delay does not stack.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired.: Only tear delay down applies.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Only tear delay down applies.
- EuthanasiaAdds a chance to fire needles. If a needle kills an enemy, it bursts into more needles.: If a needle tear destroys an enemy and the fire button is held, the burst needles will hover until the button is released.
- Kidney StoneRandomly while firing tears, Isaac will stop firing and turn red, where he will charge and release a lot of 'tears' in one go. In the burst of tears is a kidney stone which deals a lot of damage.: When the Kidney Stone effect is activated, the tear barrage will hover until released. The stone will not hover and will travel regardless.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: Only tear delay down applies.
- A Lump of CoalThe more distance tears travel, the more damage they will do.: Despite the visual increase in size, damage still only increases based on the distance traveled.
- Tears no longer increase in size while hovering.
- MarkedIsaac will now fire tears automatically directed at a red target on the ground which is controlled by the player. This allows for a full 360 degree tear firing radius. Can be overridden by other tear modifiers such as Mom's Knife or Brimstone.: Only tear delay down applies.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: Only tear delay down applies.
- Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: Only tear delay down applies.
- Multidimensional BabySpawns a familiar that will follow Isaac's movements on a 2.5 second delay. Tears that pass through the baby will be doubled and increase in speed.: Multidimensional Baby will travel the same path as the Anti-Gravity tears, easily doubling any stationary shots. Any moving tears that hit it will produce a normal moving copy, however stationary tears will spawn a copy that will eventually fall to the ground even after the direction is released.
- Stationary duplicated tears will release normally.
- My ReflectionGives Isaac's tears a boomerang effect, and increases range and shot speed.: Combines both effects. Tears will home in on Isaac instead of remaining stationary, and releasing the attack buttons will launch the tears from their position as usual.
- ProptosisTears start out massive with high damage, and then shrink down and become weaker over a short range.: Tears will not shrink or lose damage while stationary.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: Only tear delay down applies.
- Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.: Only tear delay down applies.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- The Forgotten: Each swing of his club creates an additional hitbox in front of him that lasts for about a second before proceeding forward and disappearing. The club throw is unaffected.
- LachryphagyIsaac's tears decelerate as they travel. Upon stopping or hitting an obstacle, they burst into 8 tears in all directions. Tears can be fired into other tears to feed them, increasing their damage.: Tears will float in midair, making them easier to feed. Burst tears will also float in midair before moving.
- Piercing tears: Tears will not disappear when enemies touch them, allowing Isaac to easily damage multiple enemies in an area.
- Spoon BenderGrants Isaac homing tears.: Stationary tears close enough to enemies will move towards them.
- Strange AttractorPickups, trinkets, and monsters are magnetically attracted to Isaac's tears.: Tears pull enemies towards them even while stationary.
- Technology ZeroConnects Isaac's tears with electricity that can damage enemies.: All of the tears fired are connected to each other by electricity, creating a series of electric fences.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Isaac's appearance bears a strong resemblance to the character Dr. Manhattan of the graphic novel Watchmen.
- After picking up Anti-Gravity, whenever Isaac picks up an item that alters the appearance of his face, his head becomes the same color as Blue Baby's.
- This item is used in Challenge #17 (Waka Waka).
Seeds[edit | edit source]
0K37 VS36 (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
F8YN 8SLD (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|