Anti-Gravity is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Holding the fire buttons causes tears to hover in midair. When released, the tears will all shoot in the direction they were originally fired.
- If the fire buttons are not released, the tears will fire on their own after a while.
- -2 tear delay (increased rate of fire)
- Since this directly affects tear delay instead of changing the tears stat, it allows Isaac's rate of fire to go over the normal maximum rate.
- Tear delay decreases are only noticeable when the tears stat is high.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Gravitational effects, such as Mega Fatty's inhalation or a Gaping Maw will pull floating tears toward them.
- The range attribute only affects the lifespan of the tears after they have been released.
- Hovering tears can damage monsters like Knights or Mask of Infamy from the front, even if they don't have the piercing effect.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Bob's Rotten HeadUpon use, Isaac holds a poison bomb which can be thrown towards any of the four cardinal points and explodes on impact.: Continues to hover in air while the fire button is pressed after launching it.
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: A red mist expands and then contracts, doing contact damage to any enemy that touches it. It then fires the original Brimstone shot before disappearing. Allows a new shot to be charged up immediately after firing without interrupting the first shot. Does not increase the range of Azazel's Brimstone beam.
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period. + Conjoined: Fires a single laser instead of a triple laser.
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period. + Strange AttractorPickups, trinkets, and monsters are magnetically attracted to Isaac's tears.: Enemies are attracted to red mist.
- Chocolate MilkGrants charged tears that deal greater damage when fully charged.: Overrides Anti-Gravity.
- Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle./ Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's./ The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.: Tears will hover before moving. Burst tears will not hover before moving.
- Cursed EyeGrants charged tears that can be fired in a tight burst of four. Getting hit while charging will teleport Isaac into another room.: Overrides Anti-Gravity.
- DiplopiaDuplicates all pickups and item pedestals in the room.: No effect; -2 tears delay does not stack.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide a fixed range after being fired.: Overrides Anti-Gravity except for stat effects.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Overrides Anti-Gravity except for stat effects.
- EuthanasiaAdds a chance to fire needles. If a needle kills an enemy, it bursts into more needles.: When needles are fired, they will hover before moving. Needles retain all of Euthanasia's effects. If the fire button is held, when needles burst, the burst needles will hover until the fire button is released.
- Guppy: Guppy will still spawn flies, but only if the tears are released after being fired. If enemies walk into tears, flies will not spawn.
- HaemolacriaTears are now fired in an arc. Upon hitting the floor, an obstacle, or an enemy, they burst into many smaller tears in all directions. Increases tear delay.: If the fire button is tapped, the tears will fire as normal. If the fire button is held down, the tears will float and then fire. Burst tears will not float in midair before moving in either case.
- Kidney StoneRandomly while firing tears, Isaac will stop firing and turn red, where he will charge and release a lot of 'tears' in one go. In the burst of tears is a kidney stone which deals a lot of damage.: When the Kidney Stone effect is activated, the tear barrage will hover until released. The stone will not hover and will travel regardless.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: Overrides Anti-Gravity.
- A Lump of CoalThe more distance tears travel, the more damage they will do.: Despite the visual increase in size, damage still only increases based on the distance tears travel.
- MarkedIsaac will now fire tears automatically directed at a red target on the ground which is controlled by the player. This allows for a full 360 degree tear firing radius. Can be overridden by other tear modifiers such as Mom's Knife or Brimstone.: Overrides Anti-Gravity.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: Overrides Anti-Gravity.
- Mom's WigAdds a chance to spawn blue spiders when firing tears. Restores 1 red heart.: Spiders only spawn while shoot is held down, so the player must chose between spawning spiders and letting shots hit enemies. (anti-synergy)
- Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: Overrides Anti-Gravity.
- Multidimensional BabySpawns a familiar that will follow Isaac's movements on a 2.5 second delay. Tears that pass through the baby will be doubled and increase in speed.: Any moving tears that hit it will produce a normal moving copy, however stationary tears will spawn a stationary copy that will eventually fall to the ground even after the direction is released, allowing you to create a virtual minefield of tears while still using ranged tears as before. In addition, since the baby follows Isaac's path, it will automatically hit every tear you leave for as long as a direction is held.
- My ReflectionGives Isaac's tears a boomerang effect, and increases range and shot speed.: Combines both effects. Tears will home in on Isaac instead of remaining stationary, and releasing the attack buttons will launch the tears from their position as usual.
- ProptosisTears start out massive with high damage, and then shrink down and become weaker over a short range.: Tears will not shrink or lose damage while stationary.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: Overrides Anti-Gravity.
- Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.: Overrides Anti-Gravity.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- The Forgotten: Each swing of his club creates an additional hitbox in front of him that lasts for about a second before proceeding forward and disappearing. The club throw is unaffected.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: While holding down the fire button, Isaac will shoot Ipecac tears that float around him and after a few seconds it will start releasing the tears one by one. You can also release the fire button to shoot multiple tears at once.
- LachryphagyIsaac's tears decelerate as they travel. Upon stopping or hitting an obstacle, they burst into 8 tears in all directions. Tears can be fired into other tears to feed them, increasing their damage.: Tears will float in midair, making them easier to feed. Burst tears will also float in midair before moving.
- Piercing tears: Tears will not disappear when enemies touch them, allowing Isaac to easily damage multiple enemies in an area.
- Spoon BenderGrants Isaac homing tears.: Stationary tears close enough to enemies will move towards them.
- Strange AttractorPickups, trinkets, and monsters are magnetically attracted to Isaac's tears.: Tear pulls enemies towards it while stationary.
- Technology ZeroConnects Isaac's tears with electricity that can damage enemies.: All of the tears fired are connected to each other by electricity, creating a series of electric fences.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Isaac's appearance bears a strong resemblance to the character Dr. Manhattan of the graphic novel Watchmen.
- After picking up Anti-Gravity, whenever Isaac picks up an item that alters the appearance of his face, his head becomes the same color as Blue Baby's.
- This item is used in Challenge #17 (Waka Waka).
Seeds[edit | edit source]
0K37 VS36 (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
F8YN 8SLD (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|