Anti-Gravity is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Holding the fire buttons causes tears to hover in midair. When released, the tears will all shoot in the direction they were originally fired.
- If the fire buttons are not released, the tears will fire on their own after a while.
- -2 tear delay (increased rate of fire)
- Since this directly affects tear delay instead of changing the tears stat, it allows Isaac's rate of fire to go over the normal maximum rate.
- Tear delay decreases are only noticeable when the tears stat is high.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Gravitational effects, such as Mega Fatty's inhalation or a Gaping Maw will pull floating tears toward them.
- The range attribute only affects the lifespan of the tears after they have been released.
- Hovering tears can damage monsters like Knights or Mask of Infamy from the front, even if they don't have the piercing effect.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Bob's Rotten HeadUpon use, Isaac holds a poison bomb which can be thrown towards any of the four cardinal points and explodes on impact.: Continues to hover in air while the fire button is pressed after launching it.
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: A red mist expands and then contracts, doing contact damage to any enemy that touches it. It then fires the original Brimstone shot before disappearing. Allows a new shot to be charged up immediately after firing without interrupting the first shot. Does not increase the range of Azazel's Brimstone beam.
- Chocolate MilkGrants charged tears that deal greater damage when fully charged.: Overrides Anti-Gravity.
- Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle. / Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's. / HaemolacriaTears are now fired in an arc. Upon hitting the floor, an obstacle, or an enemy, they burst into many smaller tears in all directions. Increases tear delay. / The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.: Burst tears will not hover even if a fire button is held.
- Cursed EyeGrants charged tears that can be fired in a tight burst of four. Getting hit while charging will teleport Isaac into another room.: Overrides Anti-Gravity except for tears delay down which applies.
- DiplopiaDuplicates all pickups and item pedestals in the room.: No effect; -2 tears delay does not stack.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired.: Only tear delay down applies.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Only tear delay down applies.
- EuthanasiaAdds a chance to fire needles. If a needle kills an enemy, it bursts into more needles.: If a needle tear destroys an enemy and the fire button is held, the burst needles will hover until the button is released.
- Kidney StoneRandomly while firing tears, Isaac will stop firing and turn red, where he will charge and release a lot of 'tears' in one go. In the burst of tears is a kidney stone which deals a lot of damage.: When the Kidney Stone effect is activated, the tear barrage will hover until released. The stone will not hover and will travel regardless.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: Only tear delay down applies.
- A Lump of CoalThe more distance tears travel, the more damage they will do.: Despite the visual increase in size, damage still only increases based on the distance traveled.
- Tears no longer increase in size while hovering.
- MarkedIsaac will now fire tears automatically directed at a red target on the ground which is controlled by the player. This allows for a full 360 degree tear firing radius. Can be overridden by other tear modifiers such as Mom's Knife or Brimstone.: Only tear delay down applies.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: Only tear delay down applies.
- Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: Only tear delay down applies.
- Multidimensional BabySpawns a familiar that will follow Isaac's movements on a 2.5 second delay. Tears that pass through the baby will be doubled and increase in speed.: Multidimensional Baby will travel the same path as the Anti-Gravity tears, easily doubling any stationary shots. Any moving tears that hit it will produce a normal moving copy, however stationary tears will spawn a copy that will eventually fall to the ground even after the direction is released.
- Stationary duplicated tears will release normally.
- My ReflectionGives Isaac's tears a boomerang effect, and increases range and shot speed.: Combines both effects. Tears will home in on Isaac instead of remaining stationary, and releasing the attack buttons will launch the tears from their position as usual.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: Only tear delay down applies.
- Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.: Only tear delay down applies.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- The Forgotten: Each swing of his club creates an additional hitbox in front of him that lasts for about a second before proceeding forward and disappearing. The club throw is unaffected.
- LachryphagyIsaac's tears decelerate as they travel. Upon stopping or hitting an obstacle, they burst into 8 tears in all directions. Tears can be fired into other tears to feed them, increasing their damage.: Tears will float in midair, making them easier to feed. Burst tears will also float in midair before moving.
- Technology ZeroConnects Isaac's tears with electricity that can damage enemies.: All of the tears fired are connected to each other by electricity, creating a series of electric fences.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Isaac's appearance bears a strong resemblance to the character Dr. Manhattan of the graphic novel Watchmen.
- After picking up Anti-Gravity, whenever Isaac picks up an item that alters the appearance of his face, his head becomes the same color as Blue Baby's.
- This item is used in Challenge #17 (Waka Waka).
Seeds[edit | edit source]
0K37 VS36 (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
F8YN 8SLD (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|