|(page 4, column 18, line 4)
Apple! is a passive item added in Afterbirth †.
- Adds a chance to fire razor blades that deal quadruple Isaac's tear damage.
- The chance to fire a razor blade depends on the luck stat, and goes up to 100% at 14 luck.
- +0.3 tears.
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: Adds chance for beams to do quadruple damage.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide a fixed range after being fired.: Adds a chance for bombs to do double damage.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Adds a chance for missiles to do quadruple damage.
- EuthanasiaAdds a chance to fire needles. If a needle kills an enemy, it bursts into more needles. - Needle shots' visuals and damage multiplier are overridden by the razor blades if both occur on the same tear, but retain the instant kill ability.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: Adds a chance for knives to do quadruple damage.
- Sinus InfectionAdds a chance to fire a booger which sticks to enemies and poisons them. - Tears can gain the effects of razors, boogers, or both, though the chance for both to occur on the same tear is low. Razor blades visually override boogers in these cases.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: Adds a chance for lasers to do quadruple damage.
- Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.: Overrides Apple!.
- Tough LoveAdds a chance to shoot a tooth instead of a tear, which deals greater damage than regular tears. - Tooth shots are overridden by the razor blades, though at under 14 luck it's possible to get both.
- 20/20Grants double shot./ The Inner EyeGrants triple shot but decreases tears./ Mutant SpiderGrants quadruple shot but decreases tears.: Each tear has an independent chance of being a razor.
- Anti-Gravity-2 Tear Delay. Tears float in position until firing ceases, after which they will fly off in the direction they were shot in.: When razors are fired, they will hover in the air until the fire button is released.
- Chocolate MilkGrants charged tears that deal greater damage when fully charged.: When razors are fired, the charge time determines size and damage.
- Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's./ Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle./ The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.: When razors are fired, the split tears will also be razors and do quadruple damage. The Parasite's split tears look like normal tears.
- Flat StoneTears bounce off the floor. Tears that hit an enemy after bouncing deal splash damage to all nearby enemies for 25% of Isaac's tear damage.: When razors are fired, they bounce against the floor.
- Glass CannonWhen used, reduces Isaac's health to half a heart (including soul and black hearts) and fires one large piercing spectral tear that does a lot of damage. The damage done by Glass Cannon scales with Isaac's damage (at base damage it does 45 damage).: Adds a chance to fire a giant razor that does triple damage.
- GodheadIncreases damage and range while reducing tears and shot speed. Grants homing tears and tears gain a damaging halo.: When razors are fired, they will retain all of Godhead's effects.
- HaemolacriaTears are now fired in an arc. Upon hitting the floor, an obstacle, or an enemy, they burst into many smaller tears in all directions. Increases tear delay.: Adds a chance for tears to do quadruple damage. Burst tears will also do quadruple damage if the main tear does quadruple damage.
- Homing tears: When razors are fired, they will home in on enemies.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: Adds a chance to fire an explosive razor that does quadruple damage.
- LachryphagyIsaac's tears decelerate as they travel. Upon stopping or hitting an obstacle, they burst into 8 tears in all directions. Tears can be fired into other tears to feed them, increasing their damage.: Adds a chance to fire razors that can be fed and deal quadruple damage. Burst tears will also deal quadruple damage.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: Allows you to control a giant red tear that has a chance to do quadruple damage.
- A Lump of CoalThe more distance tears travel, the more damage they will do.: Razors will grow in size and damage as they travel.
- MarkedIsaac will now fire tears automatically directed at a red target on the ground which is controlled by the player. This allows for a full 360 degree tear firing radius. Can be overridden by other tear modifiers such as Mom's Knife or Brimstone.: Tears and razors will be fired in the direction of the crosshair.
- Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: Tear barrage increases chances of razors being fired.
- My ReflectionGives Isaac's tears a boomerang effect, and increases range and shot speed.: When razors are fired, they will return to Isaac.
- Piercing tears: When razors are fired, they will have the piercing effect.
- Pop!Replaces Isaac's tears with eyeballs that can bounce off of each other. The eyeballs are not limited by range, and will instead dissipate when they stop moving or when hitting an enemy or obstacle.: When razors are fired, they will knock into other tears.
- ProptosisTears start out massive with high damage, and then shrink down and become weaker over a short range.: When razors are fired, they will shrink as they travel.
- Pupula DuplexTransforms Isaac's tears into a wide arc shape which gives them a much larger hitbox. Gives Isaac spectral tears which allows them to travel through objects in the environment (i.e. rocks).: Adds a chance for large spectral razors to be fired.
- Rubber CementTears bounce off walls, enemies, and environmental objects.: When razors are fired, they will bounce off walls and obstacles.
- Spectral tears: Razors become spectral.
- Technology ZeroConnects Isaac's tears with electricity that can damage enemies.: When razors are fired, they will connect to other tears via electricity. The electricity also does quadruple damage.
- Tiny PlanetRange up and makes shot tears revolve around Isaac until they drop.: When razors are fired, they will orbit Isaac.
- Both the item itself and the description is a reflection of one of Isaac's nightmares between floors that involves him finding a razor blade inside a piece of candy.
- The item and pickup quote are a reference to the urban legend of giving away candies with razor blades hidden inside of them as a way of harming people.