From Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Wiki
Effect[edit | edit source]
- Whenever Isaac takes damage, a black ring briefly appears around Isaac, dealing damage to all nearby enemies.
- When an enemy is killed with the black ring, there is a 15% chance for it to drop a black heart.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- A Lump of Coal
- The ring damage is halved.
The more distance tears travel, the more damage they will do.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Homing tears - The black ring becomes homing, curving around to hit enemies.
- The ring is much larger and deals 1.5x damage.
Tears start out massive with high damage, and then shrink down and become weaker over a short range.
- The ring deals normal damage.
- Serpent's Kiss - The black ring created by the Athame applies the poison from Serpent's Kiss. This means enemies killed will have a higher chance to drop black hearts.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The ring is similar in appearance to the combination of The Ludovico Technique
Instead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.
Tears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.
- It is identical to the ring created by Maw of the Void
+1.0 Damage Up. After continuously firing tears for 2.5 seconds, a red cross appears on Isaac's head that, upon releasing the fire button, creates a black ring that rapidly deals damage equal to Isaac's tear damage to any enemies in contact with it.
In-game footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- An Athame is a ceremonial blade, generally with a black handle. It is the main ritual implement or magical tool among several used in the religion of Wicca, and is also used in various other neopagan witchcraft traditions. The athame stands as one of the four elemental tools in Wicca; traditionally standing for fire.
- A black-handled knife called an athame appears in certain versions of the Key of Solomon, a grimoire originating in the Middle Ages.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
JD62 DSFM (Curse room next to spawn sitting in the middle of the room)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|