|(page 4, column 3, line 3)
| Defeat Hush as EveAthame|
Athame is an unlockable passive item added in Afterbirth.
- Whenever Isaac takes damage, a black ring briefly appears around Isaac, dealing damage to all nearby enemies.
- When an enemy is killed with the black ring, there is a 15% chance for it to drop a black heart.
- The ring is similar in appearance to the combination of The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy. and BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period..
- It is identical to the ring created by Maw of the Void+1.0 Damage Up. After continuously firing tears for 2.5 seconds, a red cross appears on Isaac's head that, upon releasing the fire button, creates a black ring that rapidly deals damage equal to Isaac's tear damage to any enemies in contact with it..
- Especially effective against Envy and Super Envy. Each piece of Envy grants a 15% chance for a black heart.
- 20/20Grants double shot./ The Inner EyeGrants triple shot but decreases tears./ Mutant SpiderGrants quadruple shot but decreases tears.: No effect.
- Chocolate MilkGrants charged tears that deal greater damage when fully charged.: No effect.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide a fixed range after being fired.: No effect.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: No effect.
- A Lump of CoalThe more distance tears travel, the more damage they will do. - The ring damage is halved.
- The ring deals normal damage.
- A Lump of CoalThe more distance tears travel, the more damage they will do. + ProptosisTears start out massive with high damage, and then shrink down and become weaker over a short range. - Proptosis effects override a Lump of Coal.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: No effect.
- My ReflectionGives Isaac's tears a boomerang effect, and increases range and shot speed.: No effect.
- Soy MilkTears shrink and do much less damage, but fire in very rapid succession.: Massively decreases damage.
- Technology 2Decreases damage and replaces right eye tears with a unlimited range, piercing laser which fires continuously.: Reduces ring's damage.
- TrisagionTears are replaced with piercing white blasts of light.: No effect on damage.
- Homing tears - The black ring becomes homing, curving around to hit enemies.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: Massively increases damage and poisons enemies.
- ProptosisTears start out massive with high damage, and then shrink down and become weaker over a short range. - The ring is much larger and deals 1.5x damage.
- The ring deals normal damage.
- Serpent's KissTears now have a random chance to apply a poison effect, causing 4 or 6 damage per tick to enemies (Similar to The Common Cold item). Isaac now deals poison damage on contact with enemies similar to The Virus item (Damage over time 4 or 6 per tick). Enemies that were poisoned have a chance to drop a black heart when killed. - The black ring created by the Athame applies the poison from Serpent's Kiss. This means enemies killed will have a higher chance to drop black hearts.
- An Athame is a ceremonial blade, generally with a black handle. It is the main ritual implement or magical tool among several used in the religion of Wicca, and is also used in various other neopagan witchcraft traditions. The athame stands as one of the four elemental tools in Wicca; traditionally standing for fire.
- A black-handled knife called an athame appears in certain versions of the Key of Solomon, a grimoire originating in the Middle Ages.
PC BEB6 CTEC (Curse room next to spawn teleports to Devil Room)