Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
BFFS! is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Increases the size and doubles damage of familiars that deal damage through tears and contact damage.
- Other familiars can be affected in non obvious ways.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Familiars that do not deal damage only obtain a cosmetic increase in size but do not gain any benefit. For certain pickup-generating familiars, it increases the frequency that they drop pickups.
- Familiars summoned by a trinket or by Monster ManualSummons a random familiar for the current room. Can summon familiars not yet unlocked. are also affected by this item.
- Only increases the size of Rotten BabyA familiar that spawns blue flies., as it is not the item itself which does damage, but rather the blue flies it spawns.
- The blue flies benefit from Hive Mind instead.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- BBFSpawns a familiar that flies around the room in a manner similar to the Boom Fly and explodes on contact with an enemy. Respawns after ten seconds./ Bob's BrainSpawns a familiar that charges forward when shooting tears and explodes upon contact with an enemy, damaging and poisoning them. The familiar respawns after a few seconds.: Increases damage the explosion inflicts by 35.
- Evil EyeWhile firing tears, Isaac has a chance to fire an eye across the screen with a very slow shot speed, which will fire tears of its own in the same direction as Isaac. The eye will be destroyed if it comes into contact with an enemy or obstacle.: The eyes are not treated as familiars and therefore will not synergize with BFFS!
- Isaac's HeartIsaac himself is now immune to all damage, and a heart familiar appears and follows Isaac. If the heart is hurt, Isaac is hurt.: Increases the size of the heart's hitbox, making it easier to get hit.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Acid BabySpawns a familiar that drops random pills every 2 rooms cleared. Upon using a pill, all enemies in the room are poisoned.: Increases the frequency of pill drops.
- Angelic PrismGrants a prism orbital with a large orbital radius. Tears that pass through the prism split into four multi-colored tears.: Increases size of the prism's hitbox making it easier to hit.
- Bomb BagIsaac is followed by a small bag that drops a Bomb, 1+1 Free, or a Troll Bomb every 3 rooms.: Increases the frequency of bomb drops.
- Brown NuggetSpawns a stationary fly familiar that fires tears at nearby enemies.: Flies are larger, but do not deal increased damage.
- BumboSpawns a beggar familiar which floats around the room and picks up any nearby coins, leveling up after collecting several coins. At level 2, Bumbo gains a body. At level 3, it begins to fire tears. At level 4, Bumbo chases enemies slowly, dealing contact damage.: Doubles Bumbo's damage and increases the chance for him to drop pickups.
- Dry BabySpawns a familiar that follows Isaac around and blocks enemy projectiles. Upon blocking a shot, it has a chance of triggering The Necronomicon effect./ Farting BabyA familiar that follows Isaac and blocks tears. If a tear hits Farting Baby, there is a high chance for it to fart, which will either knock back, poison, or charm all nearby enemies.: The baby's increased size will make it easier to trigger the Baby's effect.
- Guppy's Hair BallLoosely follows behind Isaac. Can be swung like a flail by rapidly spinning Isaac in a circle. Grows bigger by killing enemies./ Samson's ChainsPull a chain and ball behind you that will damage enemies on contact and is able to break stones.: The increased size makes it much easier to hit objects/enemies while swinging the familiars.
- IncubusA demonic familiar that follows Isaac and shoots tears identical to Isaac's in terms of damage, range, fire rate, and effects.: Incubus deals double Isaac's damage instead of copying it. Effectively doubles Lilith's damage.
- Juicy SackA familiar that follows behind Isaac. It drips a trail of creep, which slows enemies, and spawns 1-2 blue spiders after each room.: Spawns an extra blue spider.
- Lil ChestSpawns a chest familiar that follows Isaac and drops a random pickup every few rooms.: Increases the chance to spawn a pickup or trinket by 25%.
- Little C.H.A.D.A familiar who will drop a half red heart every 2 rooms.: Increases the frequency of heart drops.
- Mystery SackSpawns a familiar that follows Isaac around and has a chance to drop a heart, coin, bomb, or key after clearing a room.: Increases the frequency of pickup drops.
- Orbitals: Doubles the damage and increases the size of all orbitals, both increasing their offensive and defensive properties.
- The RelicIsaac is followed by a small blue cross that will drop a Soul Heart every 4 rooms.: Increases the frequency of soul heart drops.
- Rune BagA bag that follows Isaac and drops a random rune every 3 rooms.: Increases the frequency of rune drops.
- Sack of PenniesIsaac is followed by a small bag that drops a coin every 2 rooms.: Increases the frequency of coin drops.
- Sack of SacksSpawns a sack familiar that has a chance to drop a sack upon clearing a room.: Increases the frequency of sack drops.
- Spider ModDisplays Isaac's tear damage and enemy health bars. Spawns a gray spider familiar that wanders around and inflicts a random status effect on any enemies it comes into contact with. Occasionally spawns a blue spider upon clearing a room.: Increases the chance for Spider Mod to spawn a battery or blue spider upon clearing a room from 10% to 12.5%.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- BFF stands for Best Friends Forever.
- This item can be considered a buddy version of the Magic MushroomIncreases all stats and enlargens Isaac..
- This item is used in challenge #19 (The Family Man).
- BFFS!Increases the size and damage of familiars.
- King BabySpawns a familiar that follows Isaac and makes other familiars follow it. While firing tears, it stops moving.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|