| 9 VoltReduces the charge of any Activated Items by 1. Any 1 charge items instead have timed recharges.|
The BeanIsaac releases bad gas, poisoning any enemy in close vicinity.
The Black BeanWhen taking damage, Isaac farts, causing poison damage to all enemies in range.
Butt BombsGives +5 bombs and makes all bombs Butt Bombs that fill the room with gas, damaging and confusing all enemies.
PyroAdds 99 bombs.
|: no : yes|
|Burnt PennyComplete challenge #13|
Beans! is Challenge #13. Isaac starts off with PyroAdds 99 bombs., The BeanIsaac releases bad gas, poisoning any enemy in close vicinity., The Black BeanWhen taking damage, Isaac farts, causing poison damage to all enemies in range., 9 VoltReduces the charge of any Activated Items by 1. Any 1 charge items instead have timed recharges., and Butt BombsGives +5 bombs and makes all bombs Butt Bombs that fill the room with gas, damaging and confusing all enemies.. The goal is to defeat Mom. This Challenge is available by default.
Difficulty[edit | edit source]
- Isaac starts the challenge blindfolded and cannot fire tears. Most enemies will be killed using poison.
- If running out of bombs, it is advised to restart the challenge as there is a high chance of enemies spawning out of Isaac's reach of attack.
- Brownie is nearly guaranteed to end a run. He can't take poison damage and Butt Bombs will heal him.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- The Bean has a short range and needs 15 seconds to recharge before it can be used again. This makes it rather ineffective, so exchanging it for a more effective item such as The CandleThrows out a blue flame that can pass over gaps (but not through rocks). The flame damages anything in its path., Red CandleThrows a persistent flame that deals high damage and diminishes as it damages enemies or blocks shots., The BoomerangThrows a short-range boomerang which does a bit of damage and has a high chance to stun the enemy for 2 seconds. Can also be used to grab pickups., Guppy's HeadSpawns 2-4 blue flies to damage enemies., or Tammy's HeadShoots 10 tears in a circle around Isaac, which retain the damage, shot speed, and special effects (such as poison) of Isaac's tears. is advised.
- Should Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power. or BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period. be found in a devil room, do not pick it up as it will have no effect.
- Butt Bombs are more valuable than The Bean as a weapon, since one bomb can confuse and slightly damage every enemy in the room while dealing high damage to any enemies caught in the blast. This is especially important when enemies can not be reached to damage directly.
- Buying bombs in Shops is important. However, buying Bogo BombsAll standard bomb pickups become 1+1 bomb pickups. or the Humbling BundleGives one extra pickup (1+1 Free version) of Red Hearts, pennies, bombs, and keys. Does not work with blue, black, and half red hearts, nickels, and dimes. will provide higher returns in the long run.
- The 2 of ClubsDoubles your bombs. If you have no bombs, gives you 2 instead. card is an extremely valuable resource as it allows a far more liberal placement of bombs. A bomb count of 49-50 will get the most out of the cards effect.
- The Bombs are Key pill will be a major problem for the duration of the challenge. It is possible to counter the effect by using the pill again, but it is advised not to rely on that.
- It may also be effective to have Remote DetonatorBombs you place explode only when you use this item. Gives 5 bombs. as it would allow Isaac to both concentrate multiple bombs to easily kill a boss and would also greatly reduce the chance of taking damage from a stray bomb.
- If running low on bombs, it may be wise to look for familiars, as they could help with some extra damage. Powerful familiars such as IncubusA demonic familiar that follows Isaac and shoots tears identical to Isaac's in terms of damage, range, fire rate, and effects. and SuccubusSpawns a flying familiar that bounces around the room with a black aura, dealing rapid damage to any enemies inside it. While standing in the aura, Isaac gains a 1.5x tear damage multiplier. can make the challenge much easier.
- Safety ScissorsTroll bombs turn into Bomb pickups before they explode. Mega troll bombs turn into 1+1 free bombs before they explode. are invaluable, as they will allow the player to restock on bombs by collecting defused Troll bombs. Together with Curse of the TowerCauses Isaac to spawn 6 troll bombs on the floor every time he gets hit, similar to the Anarchist Cookbook mechanic. it will ensure the player will never find themselves without bombs, as long as they can afford to take damage, while the Anarchist Cookbook will give a quick and steady refill of bombs thanks to 9-Volt.
- Getting a Chaos CardThrows the card to kill anything in its path. Opens normal doors. or Flush!Changes all enemies in the room into poop. Does not work on all enemies (Knights and bosses are immune). Instantly kills Dingle, Dangle, and Brownie. will allow the player to get past Brownie should he spawn.
- Getting Match StickIncreases the chance of Bombs dropping after clearing a room, and the chance of finding Bombs when opening a Chest. will increase the chance of finding bombs.
Item Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Anarchist CookbookSpawns six troll bombs around the room.: Troll bombs spawned retain Butt Bomb damage, and item recharges every other room. While The Bean's multiple uses per room are lost, conserving bombs become much easier as the book can wipe out most enemies in a single room in one shot.
- Bob's BrainSpawns a familiar that charges forward when shooting tears and explodes upon contact with an enemy, damaging and poisoning them. The familiar respawns after a few seconds.: Works basically as a free combat bomb every 10 seconds, with the bonus of having poison damage. Can be fired with the blindfold on, providing a decent ranged option apart from normal Butt Bombs
- Safety ScissorsTroll bombs turn into Bomb pickups before they explode. Mega troll bombs turn into 1+1 free bombs before they explode.: Troll Bombs and Mega Troll Bombs that spawn will be converted into regular bomb pickups, and in combination with the Anarchist Cookbook, can provide a nearly limitless supply of bombs for the run.
- Items that grant bombs such as Bomb BagIsaac is followed by a small bag that drops a Bomb, 1+1 Free, or a Troll Bomb every 3 rooms. and Boom!Grants 10 bombs. can be useful to avoid running out of bombs.
Reward[edit | edit source]
|1.||Pitch Black||2.||High Brow||3.||Head Trauma||4.||Darkness Falls||5.||The Tank||6.||Solar System||7.||Suicide King||8.||Cat Got Your Tongue|
|9.||Demo Man||10.||Cursed!||11.||Glass Cannon||12.||When Life Gives You Lemons||13.||Beans!||14.||It's in the Cards||15.||Slow Roll||16.||Computer Savvy|
|17.||Waka Waka||18.||The Host||19.||The Family Man||20.||Purist|
|21.||XXXXXXXXL||22.||SPEED!||23.||Blue Bomber||24.||PAY TO PLAY||25.||Have a Heart||26.||I RULE!||27.||BRAINS!||28.||PRIDE DAY!|
|29.||Onan's Streak||30.||The Guardian|
|31.||Backasswards||32.||Aprils Fool||33.||Pokey Mans||34.||Ultra Hard||35.||Pong|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|