Black Markets are unique shops that can be accessed through a Crawl Space. Black Markets are 2 rooms wide. The left side of the Black Market contains a door back to the crawlspace and a trapdoor or beam of light to the next floor (including the Dark Room or The Chest, even if they haven't been unlocked yet). The center of the room contains several items from the Shop pool that can all be bought for 1 Red Heart container. Although these will not be Devil Room items, they still count as Devil deals for Angel Room generation and unlocking Azazel. The rest of the room will be strewn about with shopkeepers, pickups, and various beggars and machines.
Starting in patch version 1.03, Telepills and Undefined have a very small chance to teleport you to the Black Market, but there will be no door leading to a Crawl Space. This means that the player will be forced to take the trapdoor/beam of light if they don't have any item to teleport again, like in an I AM ERROR Room.
Variations[edit | edit source]
The following room maps were made using Basement Renovator for cleaner viewing; note that all Urns you see will be Skulls when encountered in-game. Additionally, the door to the crawlspace will close if there are enemies in the room, but the trapdoor will always be open.
|1||1.0||Five items for sale, a shopkeeper, four skulls, a key master, and a devil beggar.|
|2||1.0||Four items for sale, three shopkeepers, two skulls, four blue fireplaces (two of which can be reached), a beggar, and a key master.|
|3||1.0||Two hearts, five items for sale, two shopkeepers, two coins, and a donation machine.|
|4||1.0||Greed, five items for sale, two shopkeepers, a beggar, and a devil beggar.|
|5||1.0||Five items for sale, three shopkeepers, and two buttons.|
|6||1.0||Five items for sale, four shopkeepers, two trinkets, and three black flies. There are also two trapdoors on the left side of the room instead of one.|
|7||1.0||Five items for sale, three shopkeepers, a restock machine, and a black/white pill.|
|8||0.1||Two items and three pills for sale, three shopkeepers (two of which will be special), four skulls, a restock machine, and a bed.|
|9||0.1||An item for sale, five shopkeepers, four skulls, three black flies, a poop, and a red chest.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Exiting the Black Market through the beam of light in The Chest or Dark Room causes the floor to restart (in a similar fashion to Forget Me Now), as there are no floors further than these two. This can come in handy to gather a lot of items. The same applies to I AM ERROR.
- Black Markets and I AM ERROR can no longer be accessed in The Chest or Dark Room.
- Black Markets and I AM ERROR can be found in The Void. Using the trapdoor causes the floor to restart (in a similar fashion to Forget Me Now).
- Players can no longer access the Black Market through the wall glitch. However, it is still possible to access the Black Market using the glitch via special circumstances including having Ipecac and The Inner Eye.
- The Lost can take items from the Black Market without dying, just like with regular devil deals.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Seeds[edit | edit source]
ZH2A NT12 (The Cellar II, large room on the top left of the map, Tinted Rock on the middle-right side of the room)
ZJTC L4DS (First floor 1 room to the right, Rock in the middle of the room)
S3B9 KPMG (Bedroom adjacent to spawn, Treasure Room adjacent to spawn contains Pyro)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|