From Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Wiki
Behavior[edit | edit source]
- Hops around the room randomly and shoots 8 tears in all directions.
- Performs a giant leap to the player's position, shooting 12 tears in all directions upon landing.
- Once enough health is depleted, it will split into two medium versions of itself, which shoots 6 tears in all directions.
- The medium blastocysts have 75 HP each.
- These two medium blastocysts each split into two smaller forms, which shoot 4 tears in the cardinal directions.
- Small blastocysts have 30 HP each.
- When all the parts of the blastocyst are defeated, they will become a bouncing Embryo that does contact damage.
|Replaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.|
|Tears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Blastocyst as one of Delirium's forms.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Blastocysts are seen in a group consisting either of 1 large Blastocyst and 2 small Blastocysts, 1 large Blastocyst and 4 Embryos or 2 medium Blastocysts and 2 small Blastocysts.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- An embryo is called a blastocyst when the differentiation of cells within a morula finally begins, usually 4–5 days after the fertilization of an embryo.
- It is very common for the second level of the boss to spawn as normal enemies in rooms. On even later floors like Sheol, the full boss can even spawn as a common enemy.
- If Blastocyst is killed on spikes, none of the smaller versions will spawn. This can also apply if a very large amount of damage is dealt very quickly to any of the phases.
- This can also happen if Blastocyst is killed while still having a debuff that actively harms it (e.g. poison, fire).
- Upon killing a blastocyst, it seems as though, for a split second, an audio clip of someone's voice can be heard. To better hear it, listen with headphones without the music.
- During the DLC's release, an unfair room with a Portal in the middle existed in all environments of Chapter 4 consisting of 8 Blastocysts as a result of unintentionally placing full sized ones rather than small ones. It was acknowledged by Edmund McMillen on Twitter and was fixed shortly after.
- As Blastocyst divides, its positive facial expressions will become less happy until it becomes a bouncing embryo which has no smile at all.
|| Blighted Ovum • Dingle • The Duke of Flies • Famine • Fistula • Gemini • Gurglings • The Haunt • Larry Jr. • Monstro • Pin • Steven • Widow |
Dangle • Little Horn • Rag Man • Turdlings
|| Carrion Queen • C.H.A.D. • Chub • Dark One • Gurdy • Gurdy Jr. • The Hollow • The Husk • Mega Fatty • Mega Maw • Peep • Pestilence • Polycephalus • The Wretched |
The Forsaken • The Frail • The Stain
Big Horn • Rag Mega
|| The Adversary • The Bloat • The Cage • The Gate • Gish • Loki • Mask Of Infamy • Monstro II • War • Mom |
|| Blastocyst • The Bloat • Conquest • Daddy Long Legs • Death • Lokii • Mama Gurdy • Mr. Fred • Scolex • Teratoma • Triachnid • Mom's Heart • It Lives |
Sisters Vis • The Matriarch
| Blue Womb
||Satan • Isaac|
||??? • The Lamb • Mega Satan|
| Greed Mode
|| Ultra Greed |
| The Void
|Chapters 1-4||The Fallen • The Headless Horseman|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|