Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
The Blighted Ovum starts off separated into two parts.
- Suture is invincible and slowly floats towards the player, firing a horizontal BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period. shot whenever the player is to its left or right. He can't die until Contusion does.
- Contusion constantly chases the player and progressively gets faster, while leaving behind a trail of Red Creep. Unlike Gemini he will not stop for breath, only slow down.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Blighted Ovum as one of Delirium's forms.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Suture can be rerolled by the D10Rerolls the enemies in a room. Only rerolls enemies that are still alive (does not spawn new enemies)..
- Suture can be killed by Little HornAdds a chance to fire a piercing tear that instantly kills any enemy that it touches..
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Blighted Ovum was added in the Wrath of the Lamb DLC for the original The Binding of Isaac.
- In medicine, a blighted ovum is a pregnancy in which the early pregnancy appears normal on an ultrasound scan, but later no visible embryo develops.
- This boss has skin on its body in the boss art, but it doesn't in-game.
- Blighted Ovum is the only boss in Chapter 1 that is a posthumous version.
- Gemini also shows up in Chapter 1, which makes it one of only three bosses to have its posthumous version in the same chapter, the other cases being Polycephalus and Chub having The Stain and Carrion Queen, respectively, in Chapter 2.
- If encountered in a Double Trouble boss fight, its BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period. laser can damage the other boss.
||Blighted Ovum • Dingle • The Duke of Flies • Famine • Fistula • Gemini • Gurglings • The Haunt • Larry Jr. • Monstro • Pin • Steven • Widow |
Dangle • Little Horn • Rag Man • Turdlings
||Carrion Queen • C.H.A.D. • Chub • Dark One • Gurdy • Gurdy Jr. • The Hollow • The Husk • Mega Fatty • Mega Maw • Peep • Pestilence • Polycephalus • The Wretched |
The Forsaken • The Frail • The Stain
Big Horn • Rag Mega
||The Adversary • The Bloat • The Cage • The Gate • Gish • Loki • Mask Of Infamy • Monstro II • War • Mom |
||Blastocyst • The Bloat • Conquest • Daddy Long Legs • Death • Lokii • Mama Gurdy • Mr. Fred • Scolex • Teratoma • Triachnid • Mom's Heart • It Lives |
Sisters Vis • The Matriarch
| Blue Womb
||Satan • Isaac|
||??? • The Lamb • Mega Satan|
| Greed Mode
|| Ultra Greed |
| The Void
|Chapters 1-4||The Fallen • The Headless Horseman|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|