Behavior[edit | edit source]
The Blighted Ovum starts separated into two parts.
- Suture is invincible and slowly floats towards the player, firing a horizontal Brimstone shot whenever the player is to its left or right. He can't die until Contusion does.
- Contusion constantly chases the player and progressively gets faster, while leaving behind a trail of Red Creep. Unlike Gemini, he will not stop for a breath, only slow down.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Blighted Ovum as one of Delirium's forms.
Notes[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Blighted Ovum was added in the Wrath of the Lamb DLC for the original The Binding of Isaac.
- In medicine, a blighted ovum is a pregnancy in which the early pregnancy appears normal on an ultrasound scan, but later no visible embryo develops.
- This boss has skin on its body in the boss art, but it doesn't in-game.
- Blighted Ovum is the only boss in Chapter 1 that is a posthumous version.
- Gemini also shows up in Chapter 1, which makes it one of only three bosses to have its posthumous version in the same chapter, the other cases being Polycephalus and Chub having The Stain and Carrion Queen, respectively, in Chapter 2.
- If encountered in a Double Trouble boss fight, its Brimstone laser can damage the other boss.
- In Wrath of The Lamb, when Blighted Ovum was killed Contusion would shoot 8 extremely fast tears in the cardinal and ordinal directions, and after a short delay would be followed up by Suture who would explode similarly.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|