Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Bloody Lust is an unlockable passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Damage increases as Isaac receives damage. The damage increase stays for the whole floor, but resets upon entering a new floor.
- The first three times Isaac is hit, his damage is increased by 0.5.
- The next three times Isaac is hit, his damage is increased by 33%.
- Any damage taken past the sixth hit does not further increase damage.
- Isaac becomes redder as his damage increases.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Samson starts with this item by default.
- If Forget Me NowWhen activated, the level ends and is freshly regenerated with new rooms, monsters, and items. Disappears after use. or a 5-pip Dice Room is used, the damage boost will reset.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Dull RazorHurts Isaac without depleting health, activating any items that trigger upon taking damage. - Safely provides the damage boost without needing to actually take damage.
- IV BagUpon activation, Isaac loses a half-heart (one whole heart in The Womb onwards) for a random amount of coins, similar to the blood donation machine. - Allows Isaac to increase his damage at any time at the cost of red hearts.
- LibraGives 6 coins, 6 bombs, and 6 keys and balances out all attributes. - As Isaac's damage increases, the rest of his stats increase as well, though they will reset at the start of a new floor.
- PlacentaGrants a full heart container, and a chance to regenerate a half-heart of health every minute of gameplay.- Provides a 100% safe, albeit extremely time-consuming, method of maxing out the damage boost free of charge. Simply take the necessary hits and wait for Placenta to regenerate the lost health.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the original Binding of Isaac, Bloody Lust only lasted for one room and the damage increase was triggered by killing enemies.
- Lusty BloodEach time Isaac kills an enemy, Isaac's damage increases for the current room. now has the effect of the original Bloody Lust.
- On the character select screen, Samson's starting item is spelled as "Blood Lust".
Seeds[edit | edit source]
DVCM V26V (treasure room northeast of spawn)
YFFE E3AH (treasure room adjacent to spawn)
||-||Bloody Lust||Unlocked a new item.||Defeat Isaac as Samson||54|
|Blood Penny||Unlocked a new item.||Defeat ??? as Samson||55|
|Blood Rights||Unlocked a new item.||Defeat Satan as Samson||56|
|Samson's Lock||Unlocked a new item.||Defeat The Lamb as Samson||74|
|Samson's Chains||Unlocked a new item.||Complete the Boss Rush as Samson||115|
|Fighting Baby||Unlocked a new co-player baby.||Defeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as Samson||177|
||-||Blind Rage||Unlocked a new item.||Defeat Hush as Samson||185|
|Lusty Blood||Unlocked a new item.||Defeat Ultra Greed as Samson||198|
|Rage Baby||Unlocked a new co-player baby.||Defeat Mega Satan as Samson||211|
|Revenge Baby||Unlocked a new co-player baby.||Earn all hard mode completion marks as Samson||262|
||-||Bloody Crown||Unlocked a new item.||Defeat Delirium as Samson||287|
|Stem Cell||Unlocked a new item.||Defeat Ultra Greedier as Samson||301|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|