| Brother BobbyFollows Isaac around shooting normal tears.|
Kamikaze!Creates an explosion in the same area as Isaac, dealing half a heart of damage to him and also damaging all enemies caught in the blast radius.
PyromaniacIsaac heals 1 heart instead of taking damage from an explosive source. Adds 5 bombs.
Mr. MegaGives Isaac 5 bombs, and makes all dropped bombs larger, which have an increased blast radius and increased damage.
|: no : yes|
|Gold BombComplete challenge #23|
|Destroy 10 tinted rocks and defeat Mom's Heart 11 timesBlue Bomber|
Blue Bomber is Challenge #23 introduced in Afterbirth. The challenge is started as ??? with Kamikaze!Creates an explosion in the same area as Isaac, dealing half a heart of damage to him and also damaging all enemies caught in the blast radius., PyromaniacIsaac heals 1 heart instead of taking damage from an explosive source. Adds 5 bombs., Mr. MegaGives Isaac 5 bombs, and makes all dropped bombs larger, which have an increased blast radius and increased damage., and Brother BobbyFollows Isaac around shooting normal tears.. No treasure rooms. The goal is to defeat Satan.
Difficulty[edit | edit source]
??? is blindfolded and cannot fire tears. Players will have to use Kamikaze! and bombs in order to defeat enemies, with Brother Bobby generally as a last resort. Because Pyromaniac prevents damage from being taken from explosions, players can use Kamikaze! whenever they please. Using it as an offensive weapon can be very dangerous, as the player will have to closely approach enemies, increasing the chance of taking damage.
As ???, health is crucial due to the absence and inability to obtain red heart containers. Any form of damage is threatening, as hearts may be hard to replenish.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
- Finding an item which revives you as another character, like Lazarus' RagsUpon dying, resurrect as Revived Lazarus with one heart container and Anemic item. or Judas' ShadowAdds an extra life; upon death, it respawns Isaac as Black Judas with only two black hearts. will make the run trivial: After reviving you will be able to gain red heart containers, therefore healing yourself infinitely as long as you have them, effectively making yourself invulnerable. ClickerTransforms Isaac into another random character. will also work, though the odds of getting it are small.
- With Kamikaze!, rooms can be skipped without having to clear them. This can especially be useful against larger and more challenging rooms.
- The player should use bombs for boss fights or harder enemies. Due to Mr. MegaGives Isaac 5 bombs, and makes all dropped bombs larger, which have an increased blast radius and increased damage., not only do bombs deal increased damage, they also have a far larger blast radius.
- By dropping a bomb then using Kamikaze! to propel the bomb towards enemies, ??? can safely deal damage from afar with relative ease.
- Kamikaze! effectively gives ??? infinite explosives, so it’s a good idea to blow up rocks to look for Crawl Spaces, and ??? can search for Secret Rooms at no cost. Also, the player can blow up Tinted Rocks, skulls, and blue/purple fireplaces, which may contain Soul/Black hearts. However, be careful about blowing up skulls before you’ve cleared a room, because they may contain Hosts.
- Be careful about bombing objects that could deal damage to ??? upon destruction. It's risky to use Kamikaze! around Mushrooms since they may release damaging gas or around Polyps as they may explode into bullets. It may behoove the player to destroy these obstacles via bombs to prevent such scenario from occurring.
- The player should not replace/reroll Kamikaze! as without it the challenge will be extremely difficult or even impossible. They should be very careful around Dice Rooms, Missing No., and certain dice items.
- Familiars and BFFS!Increases the size and damage of familiars. are useful in this challenge, since it allows you to deal with enemies that are dangerous up close more easily.
- BBFSpawns a familiar that flies around the room in a manner similar to the Boom Fly and explodes on contact with an enemy. Respawns after ten seconds. and Bob's BrainSpawns a familiar that charges forward when shooting tears and explodes upon contact with an enemy, damaging and poisoning them. The familiar respawns after a few seconds. are especially useful as they gain increased damage from Mr. Mega, while Pyromaniac will protect ??? if they explode close by.
- BumboSpawns a beggar familiar which floats around the room and picks up any nearby coins, leveling up after collecting several coins. At level 2, Bumbo gains a body. At level 3, it begins to fire tears. At level 4, Bumbo chases enemies slowly, dealing contact damage. in his level 4 state allows the player to keep enemies at a distance while Bumbo chases them down and deals contact damage.
- The PolaroidIf the character has half a red heart or no red hearts after taking damage, it triggers the Book Of Shadows effect, creating a shield that nullifies all types of damage for 5 seconds. Also allows entrance into The Chest. is preferred over The NegativeIf the character has half a red heart or no red hearts after taking damage, it triggers The Necronomicon effect, damaging all enemies in the room. Also allows entrance into the Dark Room. since the shield will trigger every time ??? takes damage, allowing you to get up close to spam Kamikaze! safely for a brief moment.
- When fighting Mom, a reliable strategy is to stand in the corner and defend yourself. Whenever she exposes herself from nearby doors, go to them and use Kamikaze! from the side. You cannot be hurt by her (and Satan's) stomping attack (see Pyromaniac), but watch out for its knockback.
- Due to the immunity to Mom' stomping attack, Mom's ToenailMom's foot randomly stomps down somewhere in the room. 1 minute intervals. has improved usefulness.
- Items that modify bombs, such as Bomber Boy+5 bombs. Isaac's bombs will now explode in a large cross-shaped pattern (roughly 5 bombs explosions wide). This also affects troll bombs., Bob's CurseGives 5 bombs and grants all bombs poison effect., and Butt BombsGives +5 bombs and makes all bombs Butt Bombs that fill the room with gas, damaging and confusing all enemies. are especially useful, as they provide a greater range for the detonation, a poison effect, and damage to the entire room, respectively.
- Glitter BombsGives Isaac 5 bombs, and makes Isaac's bombs have a chance to drop random pickups or charm enemies when they explode. provide an unlimited source of pickups, including soul hearts.
- If the player can somehow switch to characters that have red hearts through items like Lazarus' RagsUpon dying, resurrect as Revived Lazarus with one heart container and Anemic item., Judas' ShadowAdds an extra life; upon death, it respawns Isaac as Black Judas with only two black hearts., or ClickerTransforms Isaac into another random character., getting 2 or more red heart containers will grant the player infinite healing from Pyromaniac and Kamikaze!.
- Gaining flight allows ??? to quickly navigate rooms, to avoid having to use Brother BobbyFollows Isaac around shooting normal tears. to reach faraway enemies, and to better maneuver around for Kamikaze! usage.
- Trinity ShieldIsaac gains a shield that protects him from enemy shots., which is incredibly useful for blocking shots, can be found in Angel Rooms. Since ??? can't fire tears, you can focus on defending yourself from enemy projectiles. This is especially useful in the battles with Mom's Heart/It Lives and Satan.
- Sleeping in a Bed will give you 3 Soul Hearts.
- Since ??? is unable to use Red Heart pick ups, Dark BumSpawns a familiar that follows Isaac around and collects red hearts. For every one-and-a-half red hearts collected, Dark Bum will generate one soul heart, one hostile Spider or one friendly blue spider. is extraordinarily useful as he gathers the hearts and converts them into Soul Hearts and Black Hearts, as well as the occasional friendly blue spider.
- Camo UndiesIsaac becomes camouflaged at the beginning of each room. Enemies will not attack Isaac until he starts firing tears. are especially useful. Every room you enter will have confused enemies and with Kamikaze! they will not attack ??? as long as you do not use the fire button for Brother Bobby or other familiars.
- Acquiring Chaos makes this challenge far easier. Allowing bomb-related items such as Butt BombsGives +5 bombs and makes all bombs Butt Bombs that fill the room with gas, damaging and confusing all enemies. and Sad Bombs+5 Bombs. Upon exploding, bombs shoot 8 tears off in every direction, similar to Tammy's Head. The tears are affected by any tear modifiers Isaac has on his own tears. to spawn in shops, Devil/Angel rooms and as Boss rewards, these items allow Isaac to hit enemies passively from afar, or use an unlimited Tammy's HeadShoots 10 tears in a circle around Isaac, which retain the damage, shot speed, and special effects (such as poison) of Isaac's tears.-style effect, especially powerful when combined with Brimstone.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If you happen to skip Satan (using I AM ERROR or Sacrifice Room's 12th activation) the golden door will not appear in the Dark Room and upon killing The Lamb you will still get the completion trophy.
- ConverterWhen used, converts two soul hearts into a heart container. does not convert soul hearts into red heart containers; it just takes 2 soul hearts and gives nothing in return.
Reward[edit | edit source]
Note that Gold Bombs have fixed appearances in certain room layouts even before this achievement is unlocked. The achievement simply allows them to spawn in place of other bombs, like Golden Keys.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The title for this challenge is a possible reference to Mega Man, as he is commonly known as the Blue Bomber.
|1.||Pitch Black||2.||High Brow||3.||Head Trauma||4.||Darkness Falls||5.||The Tank||6.||Solar System||7.||Suicide King||8.||Cat Got Your Tongue|
|9.||Demo Man||10.||Cursed!||11.||Glass Cannon||12.||When Life Gives You Lemons||13.||Beans!||14.||It's in the Cards||15.||Slow Roll||16.||Computer Savvy|
|17.||Waka Waka||18.||The Host||19.||The Family Man||20.||Purist|
|21.||XXXXXXXXL||22.||SPEED!||23.||Blue Bomber||24.||PAY TO PLAY||25.||Have a Heart||26.||I RULE!||27.||BRAINS!||28.||PRIDE DAY!|
|29.||Onan's Streak||30.||The Guardian|
|31.||Backasswards||32.||Aprils Fool||33.||Pokey Mans||34.||Ultra Hard||35.||Pong|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|