| (page 3, column 8, line 2)
(page 3, column 8, line 7)
Bob's Brain is a passive item.
- Spawns a familiar that can be fired towards enemies as a projectile.
- Bob's Brain is fired directly from where Isaac is standing.
- : Bob's Brain is fired directly from where it is located in the chain of familiars behind Isaac, making aiming it slightly more difficult.
- If it hits an enemy, it deals 3.5 damage and explodes, further damaging and poisoning monsters.
- The explosion deals 60 damage and the poison deals double Isaac's damage over time.
- The explosion can hurt Isaac, dealing a full heart of damage.
- This can make picking up the item a risky choice, as Bob's Brain will always fire, regardless of whether or not Isaac will be caught in the explosion.
- Once it explodes, it takes a few seconds to re-appear.
- This item belongs to the Bob set. Collecting three distinct items from this set will transform Isaac into Bob.
- Bob's Brain is affected by most bomb modifiers.
- Bob's Brain only explodes when hitting an enemy, and does not explode upon hitting a fire, poop, or wall. It can destroy poop like normal shots, however.
- Bob's Brain never launches immediately upon entering a room unless a tear-firing key is released and pressed again, or until several seconds have passed.
- It is possible to get multiple Bob's Brains to spawn on the same floor by finding one in a golden chest and not taking it
- Only one copy of the brains will be active at a given time, with another one firing immediately after the first has exploded or starts to return from a miss.
- Multiple copies of Bob's Brain will float in the same spot in the familiar line.
- Each copy takes up their own spot on the familiar line, but only the first one launches out. Respawning brains may end up stacking on top of each other.
- BFFS!Increases the size and damage of familiars.: The impact damage is increased to 7 and the explosion deals an additional 25 damage.
- Glitter BombsGives Isaac 5 bombs, and makes Isaac's bombs have a chance to drop random pickups or charm enemies when they explode.: Bob's Brain may spawn pickups on exploding.
- Host HatA host familiar that sits on Isaac's head and has a random chance to block enemy shots and retaliate with 3 tears. Grants immunity to explosions./ PyromaniacIsaac heals 1 heart instead of taking damage from an explosive source. Adds 5 bombs.: Isaac does not take damage from explosions caused by Bob's Brain.
- Mr. MegaGives Isaac 5 bombs, and makes all dropped bombs larger, which have an increased blast radius and increased damage.: The explosion deals an additional 50 damage.
- Sad Bombs+5 Bombs. Upon exploding, bombs shoot 8 tears off in every direction, similar to Tammy's Head. The tears are affected by any tear modifiers Isaac has on his own tears.: Bob's Brain will fire tears upon exploding.
- Bobby-BombGives Isaac 5 Bombs, and causes all dropped bombs to home towards the closest enemy.: No effect.
- Bomber Boy+5 bombs. Isaac's bombs will now explode in a large cross-shaped pattern (roughly 5 bombs explosions wide). This also affects troll bombs.: Explosion damage is halved, with no additional explosions.
- Duct TapeStops Isaac's familiars from moving.: Bob's Brain stays in place relative to Isaac until it is fired.
- E ColiGives "Turdy Touch" Effect. Enemies that touch Isaac are changed into poop./ Flush!Changes all enemies in the room into poop. Does not work on all enemies (Knights and bosses are immune). Instantly kills Dingle, Dangle, and Brownie.: Bob's Brain will explode upon hitting an enemy that has been turned into poop.
- Three copies of this item are used in Challenge #27 (BRAINS!).