From Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Wiki
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Grants 5 bombs.
- Causes bombs to explode in a large cross-shaped blast by adding two additional explosions in each cardinal direction.
- The damage for a single explosion is unchanged, but each successive explosion that hits the same enemy has its damage halved; for example, if 5 of the explosions hit the same enemy, the total damage is 60 + 30 + 15 + 7.5 + 3.75 = 116.25 instead of 60 * 5 = 300.
- Mr. Mega changes the base damage to 110, with the same halving reductions as above.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- With Bomber Boy, Bedrooms can be opened with a single bomb.
- Bombing the Donation Machine will cause a greater than normal amount of coins to drop from the machine.
- Bombing a blue or purple fireplace may cause it to drop multiple soul hearts.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Anarchist Cookbook: Spawned bombs explode in a cross pattern, therefore covering a wider area.
- Bob's Curse: The range for poisoning nearby enemies is much bigger.
- Butt Bombs/ No. 2: Each explosion counts as an individual Butt Bomb, so this deals 90 damage per explosion to all enemies in the room.
- Curse of the Tower: The troll bombs spawned by the effect of this item will explode in a large cross pattern, making them more likely to damage both enemies and Isaac.
- Dr. Fetus: Bomber Boy also affects the bombs fired by Dr. Fetus.
- Glitter Bombs: Each explosion has a independent chance of generating a pickup to use.
- Hot Bombs: Creates fire in a shape of a cross.
- Mr. Mega: All explosions deal more damage, have a larger radius and will overlap each other more, potentially vastly increasing damage.
- Pyromaniac: Each bomb can restore multiple red hearts.
- Sad Bombs: Each of the nine explosions will have its own tear burst.
- Scatter Bombs: Each of the smaller bombs explode in large cross-shaped blasts.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Epic Fetus: Epic Fetus explosions are unaffected.
- Locust of War: Locust explosion damage is halved with no additional explosions.
- Ipecac: Ipecac explosions are unaffected.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Bug! Due to the extreme force of multiple simultaneous explosions, it is possible for Bomber Boy bombs (especially when combined with Mr. Mega) to propel Isaac into obstacles or over pits.
Ingame Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Bomber Boy is a reference to the 1983 video-game Bomberman.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
YZLQ WLAV (Treasure room adjacent to spawn on Normal, just to the left of spawn on Hard)
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|