Effects[edit | edit source]
- Grants 5 bombs.
- Causes bombs to explode in a large cross-shaped blast by adding two additional explosions in each cardinal direction.
- The damage for a single explosion is unchanged, but each successive explosion that hits the same enemy has its damage halved; for example, if 5 of the explosions hit the same enemy, the total damage is 60 + 30 + 15 + 7.5 + 3.75 = 116.25 instead of 60 * 5 = 300.
- Mr. MegaGives Isaac 5 bombs, and makes all dropped bombs larger, which have an increased blast radius and increased damage. changes the base damage to 110, with the same halving reductions as above.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- With Bomber Boy, Bedrooms can be opened with a single bomb.
- Bombing the Donation Machine will cause a greater than normal amount of coins to drop from the machine.
- Bombing a blue or purple fireplace may cause it to drop multiple soul hearts.
- This bug has been fixed.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Anarchist CookbookSpawns six troll bombs around the room.: Spawned bombs explode in a cross pattern, therefore covering a wider area.
- Bob's CurseGives 5 bombs and grants all bombs poison effect.: The range for poisoning nearby enemies is much bigger.
- Butt BombsGives +5 bombs and makes all bombs Butt Bombs that fill the room with gas, damaging and confusing all enemies./ No. 2Continuously firing tears for several seconds causes Isaac to drop a Butt Bomb. Butt Bombs explode for 50 damage like normal bombs, but also deal 10 damage to all enemies in the room and daze them for a short period of time.: Each explosion counts as an individual Butt Bomb, so this deals 90 damage per explosion to all enemies in the room.
- Curse of the TowerCauses Isaac to spawn 6 troll bombs on the floor every time he gets hit, similar to the Anarchist Cookbook mechanic.: The troll bombs spawned by the effect of this item will explode in a large cross pattern, making them more likely to damage both enemies and Isaac.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide a fixed range after being fired.: Bomber Boy also affects the bombs fired by Dr. Fetus.
- Glitter BombsGives Isaac 5 bombs, and makes Isaac's bombs have a chance to drop random pickups or charm enemies when they explode.: Each explosion has a independent chance of generating a pickup to use.
- Hot BombsGrants 5 bombs. Isaac's bombs leave behind fire that damages enemies upon contact.: Creates fire in a shape of a cross.
- Mr. MegaGives Isaac 5 bombs, and makes all dropped bombs larger, which have an increased blast radius and increased damage.: All explosions deal more damage, have a larger radius and will overlap each other more, potentially vastly increasing damage.
- PyromaniacIsaac heals 1 heart instead of taking damage from an explosive source. Adds 5 bombs.: Each bomb can restore multiple red hearts.
- Sad Bombs+5 Bombs. Upon exploding, bombs shoot 8 tears off in every direction, similar to Tammy's Head. The tears are affected by any tear modifiers Isaac has on his own tears.: Each of the nine explosions will have its own tear burst.
- Scatter BombsAdds 5 bombs. Isaac's bombs explode into 2-4 tiny bombs.: Each of the smaller bombs explode in large cross-shaped blasts.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Epic Fetus explosions are unaffected.
- Locust of WarUpon entering a room with enemies, spawns a Red Locust which detonates upon impact with enemies./ BBFSpawns a familiar that flies around the room in a manner similar to the Boom Fly and explodes on contact with an enemy. Respawns after ten seconds./ Bob's BrainSpawns a familiar that charges forward when shooting tears and explodes upon contact with an enemy, damaging and poisoning them. The familiar respawns after a few seconds.: Explosion damage is halved with no additional explosions.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: Ipecac explosions are unaffected.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Bomber Boy is a reference to the 1983 video-game Bomberman.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
YZLQ WLAV (Treasure room adjacent to spawn on Normal, just to the left of spawn on Hard)
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Bug! Due to the extreme force of multiple simultaneous explosions, it is possible for Bomber Boy bombs (especially when combined with Mr. Mega) to propel Isaac into obstacles or over pits.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|