Effects[edit | edit source]
- Grants 5 bombs.
- Causes bombs to explode in a large cross-shaped blast by adding two additional explosions in each cardinal direction.
- The damage for a single explosion is unchanged, but each successive explosion that hits the same enemy has its damage halved; for example, if 5 of the explosions hit the same enemy, the total damage is 60 + 30 + 15 + 7.5 + 3.75 = 116.25 instead of 60 * 5 = 300.
- Mr. MegaGives Isaac 5 bombs, and makes all dropped bombs larger, which have an increased blast radius and increased damage. changes the base damage to 110, with the same halving reductions as above.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- With Bomber Boy, bedrooms can be opened with a single bomb.
- Bombing the donation machine will cause a greater than normal amount of coins to drop from the machine.
- The total amount of dropped coins is still deduced from the machine, however.
- Bombing a blue or purple fireplace may cause it to drop multiple soul hearts.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired.: Bomber Boy also affects the bombs fired by Dr. Fetus.
- Mr. MegaGives Isaac 5 bombs, and makes all dropped bombs larger, which have an increased blast radius and increased damage.: All explosions deal more damage, have a larger radius and will overlap each other more, potentially vastly increasing damage.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- BBFSpawns a familiar that flies around the room in a manner similar to the Boom Fly and explodes on contact with an enemy. Respawns after ten seconds. / Bob's BrainSpawns a familiar that charges forward when shooting tears and explodes upon contact with an enemy, damaging and poisoning them. The familiar respawns after a few seconds. / Locust of WarUpon entering a room with enemies, spawns a Red Locust which detonates upon impact with enemies.: Explosion damage is halved with no additional explosions.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Epic Fetus explosions are unaffected.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: Ipecac explosions are unaffected.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Bomber Boy is a reference to the 1983 video-game Bomberman.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
YZLQ WLAV (Treasure room adjacent to spawn on Normal, just to the left of spawn on Hard)
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Bug! Due to the extreme force of multiple simultaneous explosions, it is possible for Bomber Boy bombs (especially when combined with Mr. Mega) to propel Isaac into obstacles or over pits.
- Anarchist CookbookSpawns six troll bombs around the room.
- Bob's CurseGives 5 bombs and grants all bombs poison effect.
- Bob's Rotten HeadUpon use, Isaac holds a poison bomb which can be thrown towards any of the four cardinal points and explodes on impact.
- Bobby-BombGives Isaac 5 Bombs, and causes all dropped bombs to home towards the closest enemy.
- Bomber Boy+5 bombs. Isaac's bombs will now explode in a large cross-shaped pattern (roughly 5 bombs explosions wide). This also affects player-spawned troll bombs.
- Boom!Grants 10 bombs.
- Butt BombsGives +5 bombs and makes all bombs Butt Bombs that fill the room with gas, damaging and confusing all enemies.
- Curse of the TowerCauses Isaac to spawn 6 troll bombs on the floor every time he gets hit, similar to the Anarchist Cookbook mechanic.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired.
- Fast BombsGrants 7 bombs and allows bombs to be placed rapidly.
- Glitter BombsGives Isaac 5 bombs, and makes Isaac's bombs have a chance to drop random pickups or charm enemies when they explode.
- Hot BombsGrants 5 bombs. Isaac's bombs leave behind fire that damages enemies upon contact.
- Mama Mega!Damages all enemies and destroys all obstacles. The effect occurs every time a new room is entered for the rest of the floor. Opens doors to the floor's secret and super secret rooms.
- Mr. BoomDrops a large bomb.
- Mr. MegaGives Isaac 5 bombs, and makes all dropped bombs larger, which have an increased blast radius and increased damage.
- No. 2Continuously firing tears for several seconds causes Isaac to drop a Butt Bomb. Butt Bombs explode for 60 damage like normal bombs, but also deal 10 damage to all enemies in the room and daze them for a short period of time.
- PyroAdds 99 bombs.
- Remote DetonatorBombs you place explode only when you use this item. Gives 5 bombs.
- Sad Bombs+5 Bombs. Upon exploding, bombs shoot 8 tears off in every direction, similar to Tammy's Head. The tears are affected by any tear modifiers Isaac has on his own tears.
- Scatter BombsAdds 5 bombs. Isaac's bombs explode into 2-4 tiny bombs.
- Sticky Bombs+5 bombs. Bombs stick to enemies and spawn 2-4 blue spiders if they kill an enemy.
- Blasting CapExploding bombs have a chance to drop another bomb pickup.
- Bob's BladderLeaves a pool of green creep under all bombs Isaac places, which damages enemies that walk over it.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|