Bombs are used to damage enemies, destroy rocks, and open up regular doors and secret rooms. When spawned, there is a possibility for it to be a Troll Bomb instead. Isaac's bombs deal 60 damage to enemies and one full heart of damage to himself.
Bomb pickups have a chance to spawn as a Troll Bomb. Normal Troll Bombs cannot be picked up and are already lit, so be wary of the imminent explosion.
- Trolling is the internet term for tricking or messing with one psychologically. This is why this item is called a "Troll bomb."
- Troll Bombs are now given a random amount of time before exploding. Before that they always exploded at a fixed time. This means that if two Troll Bombs spawn at the exact same time right next to each other, there's a high chance one Troll Bomb will blow up before the other, sending that Troll Bomb sliding outwards a bit before exploding.
- If Isaac has the Safety Scissors, the Troll Bomb will turn into a Bomb.
Mega Troll Bombs are another bomb variation that behaves similarly to regular Troll Bombs, but come with additional hazards:
- They are bigger and have a larger blast radius (like bombs upgraded with Mr. Mega).
- If nearby, they actively chase Isaac before exploding (as if under the influence of Magneto).
- Mega Troll Bombs are spawned by Super Wrath, War (black Champion), and sometimes Little Horn.
- If Isaac has the Safety Scissors, Mega Troll Bombs will turn into a 1+1 Free Bomb instead of just a single Bomb that normal Troll Bombs would turn into.