Book of Shadows
(Redirected from Book Of Shadows)
Book of Shadows is an activated item.
Effect[edit | edit source]
- Upon use, creates a protective shield nullifying all types of damage for 10 seconds.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Book of Shadows effect negates health loss from Blood Donation Machines and Devil Beggars.
- Does not prevent heart container loss from Health Down Pills or Devil Room deals.
- The Book of Shadows is highly effective with orbital familiars because the player can run into enemies and deal a massive amount of damage.
- Razor BladeUpon use, deals one heart of damage to Isaac and grants +1.2 damage for the current room. can be used at no cost while the Book of Shadows shield is present, allowing damage to be significantly increased for the room.
- In Rebirth, The Book of Shadows and other invulnerability items will no longer grant drops from the Sacrifice Room.
- The effect ends if the player leaves the room.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- E ColiGives "Turdy Touch" Effect. Enemies that touch Isaac are changed into poop.: Allows Isaac to turn enemies into poop without being damaged.
- Car BatteryCauses Isaac's activated item to activate twice on each use.: Doubles the length of invincibility.
- Midas' TouchEnemies that touch you are stunned and turn gold. Any enemy killed while in this state will drop a coin.: Allows Isaac to turn enemies into gold without being damaged.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Book of Shadows is a reference to the infamous Book of Shadows, a book of religious texts and instructions for magical rituals found within the Neopagan religion of Wicca.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
PC[edit | edit source]
4AP4 J07H (First floor treasure room, north of spawn; Curse of the Unknown)
PS4[edit | edit source]
VZFS Z60W (First floor treasure room)
PS Vita[edit | edit source]
CBWE 162X (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
3DS[edit | edit source]
TRKL JDCG (First floor treasure room)
Switch[edit | edit source]
7ENY AQRB (First Floor Treasure Room)
- The BibleUpon activation, Isaac gains flight, allowing him to pass over all obstacles in the current room. Instantly kills Mom, Mom's Heart, and It Lives when activated, but will kill Isaac when activated while fighting Satan.
- The Book of BelialUpon use increases damage by 2 for the current room and by a further +50% if the character also has the Blood of the Martyr.
Guarantees a Devil Room or Angel Room will be open after beating a boss while holding it, or increases the chance by 12.5%.
- The NecronomiconDamages all enemies in the room significantly.
- Book of ShadowsUpon use, creates a protective shield nullifying all types of damage for 10 seconds.
- Anarchist CookbookSpawns six troll bombs around the room.
- Book of RevelationsAdds 1 soul heart, increases the chance for a Devil or Angel Room to appear, and increases the chance for the next boss to be a Horseman (except on XL floors and floors with fixed bosses such as Mom).
- The Book of SinSpawns a random pickup, pill, card, or trinket.
- Monster ManualSummons a random familiar for the current room. Can summon familiars not yet unlocked.
- Telepathy for DummiesUpon activation, grants homing tears for the current room.
- How to JumpGives Isaac the ability to jump (over gaps, spikes, etc.).
- Book of SecretsUpon use, gives the effect of Treasure Map, The Compass, or Blue Map for the duration of the current floor.
- Satanic BibleUpon activation, Isaac gains a black heart.
- Book of the DeadUpon use, spawns a charmed Bony or an orbital bone for each enemy killed in the current room.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|