Book of Revelations
|(page 1, column 15, row 4)|
|Defeat a Harbinger for the 1st timeThe Book of Revelations|
The Book of Revelations is an unlockable activated item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Grants a soul heart upon activation.
- Increases chance for a Devil/Angel Room Door to open by 35% if held while killing the Boss of the floor.
- Only increases the chance by 17.5%.
- If The Book of Revelations is used at least once in a map, there is a higher chance that a Harbinger will replace the normal level boss:
- Famine in Basement / Cellar
- Pestilence in Caves / Catacombs
- War in Depths I / Necropolis I
- Death or Conquest (if unlocked) in Womb I / Utero I
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Set bosses (Mom, Mom's Heart, It Lives, Isaac, ???, Satan and The Lamb) cannot be replaced by the Book of Revelations.
- Only the first Boss of an XL floor is affected.
- Book of Revelations won't replace the boss on double sized boss rooms, like Double Trouble rooms or if the boss is Mr. Fred.
- Furthermore, if the Book of Revelations is used on Caves I with a Double Trouble room, Pestilence won't spawn there, neither on Caves II. It is wiser to not use it on this floor until you can see the Boss Room shape.
- If a Harbinger has already been fought in the current environment (e.g. if you activate the item in Basement II having fought Famine in Basement I) the boss will also not be replaced.
- Keeping The Book of Revelations until Chapter 4 (and more specifically, aquiring it on Chapter 1 by resetting the game until acquisition) is one of the methods to unlock achievements related to Super Meat Boy and Super Bandage Girl. Said method is explained in detail here.
- This item can replace the boss even after Isaac initiates a battle with a normal boss and then teleports out before the fight is completed.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Book of Revelation (note the lack of an "s") is the final book of the Bible. It depicts the apocalypse through a vision shown to John of Patmos and includes the Four Horsemen and themes of Hell, Satan, and The Lamb. This explains why using it causes the next boss to be a horseman, as well as why it increases the chances of a Devil Room.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
3C6Z 880R (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
9867 22FF (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
42ZY EYNS (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
6A7C BBKN (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
BQ7G DLKQ (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
G98Z MNSS (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
GKM3 XJJ0 (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
Eden)V10Q 3WX1 (Starting item as
DM91 QYEQ First Treasure Room
- Anarchist CookbookSpawns six troll bombs around the room.
- The BibleUpon activation, Isaac gains flight, allowing him to pass over all obstacles in the current room. Instantly kills Mom, Mom's Heart, and It Lives when activated, but will kill Isaac when activated while fighting Satan.
- The Book of BelialUpon use increases damage by 2 for the current room and by a further +50% if the character also has the Blood of the Martyr.
Guarantees a Devil Room or Angel Room will be open after beating a boss while holding it, or increases the chance by 12.5%.
- Book of the DeadUpon use, spawns a friendly Bony or an orbital bone for each enemy killed in the current room.
- Book of RevelationsAdds 1 soul heart, increases the chance for a Devil or Angel Room to appear, and increases the chance for the next boss to be a Horseman (except on XL floors and floors with fixed bosses such as Mom).
- Book of SecretsUpon use, gives the effect of Treasure Map, The Compass, or Blue Map for the duration of the current floor.
- Book of ShadowsUpon use, creates a protective shield nullifying all types of damage for 10 seconds.
- The Book of SinSpawns a random pickup, pill, card, or trinket.
- How to JumpGives Isaac the ability to jump (over gaps, spikes, etc.).
- Monster ManualSummons a random familiar for the current room. Can summon familiars not yet unlocked.
- The NecronomiconDamages all enemies in the room significantly.
- Satanic BibleUpon activation, Isaac gains a black heart.
- Telepathy for DummiesUpon activation, grants homing tears for the current room.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|