Book of Revelations
Book of Revelations is an unlockable activated item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Grants a Soul Heart upon activation.
- Increases chance for a Devil/Angel Room Door to open by 35% if held while killing the boss of the floor.
- Only increases the chance by 17.5%.
- If the Book of Revelations is used at least once in a map, there is a higher chance that a Harbinger will replace the normal level boss:
- Famine in The Basement / The Cellar
- Pestilence in The Caves / The Catacombs
- War in The Depths I / Necropolis I
- Death or Conquest (if unlocked) in The Womb I / Utero I
- This item belongs to the Bookworm set. Collecting three items from this set will transform Isaac into Bookworm.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Set bosses (Mom, Mom's Heart, It Lives, Isaac, ???, Satan and The Lamb) cannot be replaced by the Book of Revelations.
- Only the first Boss of an XL floor is affected.
- Book of Revelations won't replace the boss on double-sized boss rooms, like Double Trouble rooms or if the boss is Mr. Fred.
- If a Harbinger has already been fought in the current environment (e.g. if you activate the item in The Basement II having fought Famine in The Basement I) the boss will also not be replaced.
- Keeping Book of Revelations until chapter 4 (and more specifically, acquiring it on chapter 1 by resetting the game until acquisition) is one of the methods to unlock achievements related to Super Meat Boy and Super Bandage Girl. The said method is explained in detail here.
- This item can replace the boss even after Isaac initiates a battle with a normal boss and then teleports out before the fight is completed.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Book of Revelation (note the lack of an "s") is the final book of the Bible. It depicts the apocalypse through a vision shown to John of Patmos and includes the Four Horsemen and themes of Hell, Satan, and The Lamb. This explains why using it causes the next boss to be a horseman, as well as why it increases the chances of a Devil Room.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
3C6Z 880R (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
9867 22FF (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
42ZY EYNS (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
6A7C BBKN (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
BQ7G DLKQ (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
G98Z MNSS (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
GKM3 XJJ0 (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
Eden)V10Q 3WX1 (Starting item as
DM91 QYEQ (First Treasure Room)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|