Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
Breath of Life
|(page 3, column 1, row 5)|
Breath of Life is an activated item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Holding spacebar will gradually deplete the charge bar. As the charge gets closer to zero, Isaac turns bluer over time.
- Once the invincibility takes effect, Isaac starts flashing rapidly.
- Grants a brief moment of invincibility when the charge bar hits zero. If the spacebar is held for an additional second after hitting zero, Isaac will take damage.
- The item will recharge on its own but cannot be used again until it is fully charged (even if you didn't fully deplete the charge bar).
Uses[edit | edit source]
- While difficult to use in battle, it is very helpful for using Blood Donation Machines and Devil Beggars without losing any life.
- Similarly, it can be used to cross over spikes and enter Curse Rooms without taking damage.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Blind Rage: Doubles the invincibility period after taking damage with Breath of Life.
- Isaac's Heart: When held down too long, Breath of Life no longer damages Isaac, resulting in infinite invincibility.
- Void: Using Void with Breath of Life will immediately grant invincibility frames.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Breath of Life refers to God breathing life into the soil to create the first human.
- This is the only activated item whose charge bar is gradually rather than instantly depleted.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Bug! This item does not work with Broken Remote.
Bug! If you have The Battery and a full yellow charge bar, the yellow charges will not decrease when the item is used, despite the green charges decreasing beneath. This makes it more difficult to gauge when to release the button.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
9YXJ B6M0 (Found in Angel Room in The Catacombs 1)
S8PG 8NLE (Found in Angel Room after defeating the boss in The Caves I)
SMJ3 0TLY (Found in Angel Room after defeating the boss in The Catacombs I)
1ATQ LTG7 (Found in Angel Room after defeating Mom)
S4FP ER7Y (Found in Angel Room after defeating Mom)
NKF0 PZFZ (Found in Angel Room in Utero I)
4RVE W694 (Found in Angel Room after defeating the boss in The Womb I)
R7ZV 8PTB (Found inside the Angel Room after defeating the boss in The Catacombs II)
LTSQ HWAL (Found inside the Angel Room after defeating the boss in The Catacombs I)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|