|(page 1, column 15, row 6)|
- Isaac's tears are replaced with a charged blood laser beam. The beam is piercing and spectral, dealing damage to all enemies and ignoring all obstacles in its path.
- The laser deals damage equal to Isaac's damage each tick, and ticks a total of 13 times.
- Tears down: Delay * 3.
- This item belongs to the LeviathanGrants flight and gives +2 black hearts. set. Collecting three items from this set will transform Isaac into Leviathan.
- Azazel starts the game with a short-ranged, slower charging version of Brimstone. Picking up Brimstone with him will give him the long ranged version. Without the long ranged version, his mini-brimstone won't have enough length to use any homing items. His mini-brimstone's range can be increased with range up items or pills.
- If multiple Brimstones are picked up (via DiplopiaDuplicates all pickups and item pedestals in the room., Crooked PennySpawns a penny and has a 50% chance to double all items and pickups in the room. If the effect fails, the items and pickups disappear. or on a victory lap), then another beam is added, with no increase in charge time.
- Although extremely unlikely, a total of 16 blood beams can be on screen at a time (including beams shot with tear-increasing items, such as 20/20Grants double shot.). If another Brimstone is picked up, the beams' span will widen.
- 20/20Grants double shot.: Overridden by Brimstone.
- Shoots two Brimstone lasers simultaneously without increasing charge time.
- 8 Inch Nails+1.5 Damage Up. Replaces Isaac's tears with nails, which have increased knockback.: Brimstone pushes enemies away in the direction the beam is travelling, but not out of the path of the beam.
- Chocolate MilkGrants charged tears that deal greater damage when fully charged.: Doesn't increase damage, but reduces Isaac's tear delay by 20%. Beam is colored brown.
- Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle./ Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's.: Overridden by Brimstone. Stat effects are still applied.
- Continuum+2.25 Range Up. +1.5 Tear Height. Isaac's tears travel through walls and appear out of the opposite wall. Isaac's tears also travel over rocks and objects.: Overridden by Brimstone.
- Cursed EyeGrants charged tears that can be fired in a tight burst of four. Getting hit while charging will teleport Isaac into another room.: Overridden by Brimstone.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired.: Overrides Brimstone.
- Isaac shoots bombs while charging Brimstone.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Overrides Brimstone.
- After the missile hits the ground, it spawns 10 Brimstone beams similar to the effect given by Sad Bombs. Azazel's mini-brimstone does not give the Sad Bombs effect.
- Evil EyeWhile firing tears, Isaac has a chance to fire an eye across the screen with a very slow shot speed, which will fire tears of its own in the same direction as Isaac. The eye will be destroyed if it comes into contact with an enemy or obstacle.: Overridden by Brimstone.
- Fire MindGrants flaming tears that deal burning damage over time. Tears have a chance to explode on impact with an enemy, which creates a fire at the location of the explosion.: Beam inflicts burning, but cannot cause explosions or leave fires on the ground.
- Flat StoneTears bounce off the floor. Tears that hit an enemy after bouncing deal splash damage to all nearby enemies for 25% of Isaac's tear damage.: Overridden by Brimstone.
- Flat WormIsaac's tears take on an oblong appearance. They also push enemies back.: No effect.
- The Forgotten: The charged attack will spawn a Brimstone ball which will float in front of The Forgotten for a few seconds before disappearing. The Forgotten will still melee attack while performing this action.
- Holy LightIsaac has a random chance to fire a Holy tear, which, when it hits an enemy, will spawn a Crack the Sky-style light beam on the same enemy, dealing damage.: Overridden by Brimstone.
- Hook WormTears move shifting left to right forming a path of right angles. +10 to Range (effective range remains about the same).: Beam changes angles while firing straight. Effectively increases the width of the beam.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: The character gains neither the increased damage nor the decreased tears of Ipecac. They only gain the poison effect.
- Isaac shoots Ipecac tears while charging Brimstone. Both Brimstone and Ipecac shots modify Isaac's damage and tear delay stat, meaning that Ipecac fires slower and Brimstone charges slower, but Brimstone deals significantly increased damage. The beam is colored yellowish green. Take care to pre-charge Brimstone so that the Ipecac shot is on cooldown as Isaac enters a room.
- Isaac's TearsShoots 8 tears around Isaac, which retain the damage, shot speed, and special effects of his tears. Each tear shot by Isaac increases item charge by one.: Fires normal tears, but nearly instantly charges when charging Brimstone.
- Jacob's LadderTears fire sparks of electricity in random directions upon hitting an obstacle or enemy.: Overridden by Brimstone.
- Kidney StoneRandomly while firing tears, Isaac will stop firing and turn red, where he will charge and release a lot of 'tears' in one go. In the burst of tears is a kidney stone which deals a lot of damage.: Overridden by Brimstone.
- LachryphagyIsaac's tears decelerate as they travel. Upon stopping or hitting an obstacle, they burst into 8 tears in all directions. Tears can be fired into other tears to feed them, increasing their damage.: Overridden by Brimstone.
- Lead PencilAfter every 15 tears fired, Isaac will fire a high-damage cluster of tears.: Overridden by Brimstone.
- A Lump of CoalThe more distance tears travel, the more damage they will do.: Changes the beam's color to black. However, it does not have an effect on damage.
- Beam will gradually increase in size but rapidly increase damage the farther it travels, on a multiplier that is roughly +20% per tile of distance. This allows for a huge damage increase from longer distances.
- MarkedIsaac will now fire tears automatically directed at a red target on the ground which is controlled by the player. This allows for a full 360 degree tear firing radius. Can be overridden by other tear modifiers such as Mom's Knife or Brimstone.: Overridden by Brimstone.
- Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: Overridden by Brimstone.
- Fires 3-5 additional Brimstone lasers in random directions around Isaac. Does not increase charge time. Charging a new Brimstone laser removes the original from in front of the player, but not the additional ones added by Monstro's Lung. This effectively increases fire rate.
- My ReflectionGives Isaac's tears a boomerang effect, and increases range and shot speed.: Overridden by Brimstone.
- Makes the beam curve when moving. Has the same effect on Azazel's mini-brimstone but doubles the range.
- Mysterious LiquidTears leave a small, short lasting pool of creep on impact or when their range is depleted.: Overridden by Brimstone.
- When Brimstone hits enemies or walls it leaves creep based on how long it hits.
- The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.: Overridden by Brimstone.
- Pop!Replaces Isaac's tears with eyeballs that can bounce off of each other. The eyeballs are not limited by range, and will instead dissipate when they stop moving or when hitting an enemy or obstacle.: Overridden by Brimstone.
- Pupula DuplexTransforms Isaac's tears into a wide arc shape which gives them a much larger hitbox. Gives Isaac spectral tears which allows them to travel through objects in the environment (i.e. rocks).: Overridden by Brimstone.
- Rubber CementTears bounce off walls, enemies, and environmental objects.: Lasers ricochet off walls.
- If Azael's mini Brimstone beam ricochets, it effectively becomes a full-length Brimstone beam.
- Soy MilkTears shrink and do much less damage, but fire in very rapid succession.: Greatly reduces Brimstone charge time and damage.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: Overridden by Brimstone.
- Brimstone beams become surrounded with swiveling Technology laser beams, granting a 1.5x damage multiplier (it stacks with other similar multipliers like Cricket's HeadIncreases damage by 0.5, and multiplies it by 1.5x. or Magic MushroomIncreases most stats, enlarges Isaac, grants a heart container and restores all health..
- Technology ZeroConnects Isaac's tears with electricity that can damage enemies.: Overridden by Brimstone.
- Technology 2Decreases damage and replaces right eye tears with a unlimited range, piercing laser which fires continuously.: Overridden by Brimstone, but retains the reduced damage.
- Laser fires while Brimstone is charging.
- Tech.5Grants a unlimited range piercing laser with random rate of fire that does not replace tears. The laser might occasionally fire with the effect of a random item or trinket, such as Hook Worm, Spoon Bender or Tiny Planet.: Overridden by Brimstone unless using Azazel, in which case it will fire with his Brimstone beam.
- Tech.5 fires normally fire charging Brimstone.
- TrisagionTears are replaced with piercing white blasts of light.: Overridden by Brimstone.
- Apple!Increases tears. Adds a chance to fire a high-damage razor blade./ EuthanasiaAdds a chance to fire needles. If a needle kills an enemy, it bursts into more needles./ Tough LoveAdds a chance to shoot a tooth instead of a tear, which deals greater damage than regular tears.: The beam can gain the damage multiplier from each of the items, although there is no visual difference. The bonus applies for the whole beam and not on a per-tick basis. Euthanasia loses its instant kill ability, however.
- Anti-Gravity-2 Tear Delay. Tears float in position until firing ceases, after which they will fly off in the direction they were shot in.: An orb of energy expands, then shrinks while firing the beam after a delay. The orb still hurts enemies if they touch it. Makes it harder to hit enemies with Azazel as the laser does not increase in range. Effectively allows a faster firing rate, since Isaac can start charging a new shot immediately after releasing the fire key without cancelling the first shot and is a great combo with soy milk
- Anti-Gravity + IncubusA demonic familiar that follows Isaac and shoots tears identical to Isaac's in terms of damage, range, fire rate, and effects.: Familiar will fire regular Brimstone lasers.
- The Common ColdAdds a chance to shoot poison tears, dealing damage over time when inflicted.: Beam turns green and poisons enemies.
- DiplopiaDuplicates all pickups and item pedestals in the room.: Picking up two Brimstones will make Isaac simultaneously fire two lasers, similar to the 20/20 effect.
- God's FleshTears now have a random chance to apply a shrinking effect, causing enemies to shrink in size and also run away from Isaac. Shrunk enemies can be crushed and killed by walking over them.: Chance to shrink enemies and turns the beam indigo blue.
- Guppy: Flies are spawned at a rate of approximately one fly per tick of damage for each enemy it hits. This causes a lot of flies to spawn very quickly. The spawned flies will also move to attack the targeted enemy immediately.
- HaemolacriaTears are now fired in an arc. Upon hitting the floor, an obstacle, or an enemy, they burst into many smaller tears in all directions. Increases tear delay.: Increased tear delay and damage, and blood tears burst into several lasers fired in random directions.
- Homing Tears: Beams home towards enemies similar to The Gate's. Azazel's mini-brimstone does not home unless he has high range.
- Loki's HornsGives a random chance for projectiles to fire in all 4 cardinal directions.: Occasionally causes Isaac to fire the beam in all four cardinal directions, similarly to Head of KrampusFires a cross-patterned brimstone shot, just like The Fallen and Krampus shoot.'s effect.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: The laser becomes a large ring that is controllable and does not need to be charged. Enemies inside the ring without touching it are not hurt. Shot speed is ignored. The Tears stat is ignored and damage is dealt very rapidly at a rate equivalent to 2 tear delay.
- Mom's EyeAllows Isaac to fire tears from the back of his head.: Sometimes shoots a laser from the back of Isaac's head.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: Adds a small barrage of knives after the main knife is fired, with each knife doing 80% of Isaac's base damage. The barrage of knives goes all the way across the screen and increases in quantity the longer the charge.
- Mom's WigAdds a chance to spawn blue spiders when firing tears. Restores 1 red heart.: Holding down a fire button to charge the attack very rapidly rolls the probability to spawn blue spiders, releasing to fire the beam however, does not.
- Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: Causes Isaac to fire multiple beams in random directions.
- The MulliganTears have a 1/6 chance of spawning allied blue flies when they hit an enemy.: Spawns blue flies constantly when hitting an enemy.
- Number One+1.5 tears, -17.62 range: Greatly decreases charge time and turns beam yellow.
- PolyphemusMakes Isaac shoot one huge tear. Also reduces Tears to minimum. Damage increased . If tear does more damage than an enemy's life, the tear continues to travel with the extra remaining damage.: Significantly increases damage and increases charge duration.
- ProptosisTears start out massive with high damage, and then shrink down and become weaker over a short range.: Damage is doubled with no drop-off at range.
- Range is unchanged, but damage quickly drops further along the beam. This also affects the beams produced by Tammy's Head.
- Sad Bombs+5 Bombs. Upon exploding, bombs shoot 8 tears off in every direction, similar to Tammy's Head. The tears are affected by any tear modifiers Isaac has on his own tears.: Changes the tears fired by bombs upon their explosions to Brimstone beams, in a manner identical to its synergy with Tammy's Head.
- Spider BiteAdds a chance to shoot slowing tears, reducing speed of enemy movement and any projectile fired by them.: Slow effect persists and turns the beam color to light pink.
- Strange AttractorPickups, trinkets, and monsters are magnetically attracted to Isaac's tears.: Enemies are sucked towards the beam, increasing damage significantly. Consumables will also be moved by the beam.
- Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.: Brimstone now becomes a large ring that varies in size depending on how long it is charged before firing.
- Tech X + A Lump of CoalThe more distance tears travel, the more damage they will do.: The Brimstone ring now increases in size and damage the further it travels.
- Tech X + Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: Mom's Knife and a Mom's Knife+Brimstone barrage are shot alongside the rings.
- Tiny PlanetRange up and makes shot tears revolve around Isaac until they drop.: The beam will wrap around the character and shoot straight forward.
- The term brimstone (burn stone) comes from the King James Bible in reference to burning sulfur. It is used in the phrase "fire and brimstone" to describe the torments of hell.
- Brimstone's item icon originally comes from the alchemical symbol for sulfur, referred to as the Leviathan Cross. It was later adopted by Anton LaVey in The Satanic Bible to represent hell, and is now often associated with Satanism.
- The ram horns gained from picking up Brimstone were added as a cosmetic item to Team Fortress 2 to promote The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. If the game was purchased before the 10th of December, players were awarded the item in genuine quality.
The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy. with Brimstone.
Tiny PlanetRange up and makes shot tears revolve around Isaac until they drop. with Brimstone as Azazel.
LHVK 9NTS (Second floor devil room)
SSH7 STDS (Second Floor Devil Room)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|