Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
|(page 4, column 20, row 1)|
Effect[edit | edit source]
- Spawns a Familiar which floats around the room and picks up any nearby coins. Every 6 coins, Bumbo will evolve to a new form, except for level 4, which takes 12 coins.
- Level 1: Bumbo just collects coins to level up.
- Level 2: Bumbo gains a body and crawls around the room, occasionally dropping random pickups
- Level 3: Bumbo now fires tears that deal 3.5 damage in the same direction Isaac does. Any enemy hit by Bumbo's tears has a chance to drop a coin.
- Level 4: Bumbo no longer fires tears but instead will chase enemies slowly and deal contact damage, up to 37.5 per second. Bumbo will also sometimes randomly drop bombs.
- After reaching level 4 (and a very low chance before level 4), Bumbo will also continue to collect coins and drop random pickups, trinkets, and chests, similar to Bum FriendA portable beggar who follows Isaac, picks up coins for himself, and occasionally drops a pickup after collecting a coin. Does not spawn collectibles., but can also drop pedestal items.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Bumbo can fly over pits and obstacles.
- If Bumbo consumes an absurd amount of coins while level four, Bumbo can become level one again [Unsure if bug]
- If Level 4 Bumbo targets Mega Satan's head, Bumbo will attempt to "chase" him the entire fight by standing in the middle of the room.
- Bumbo's bombs will take on the properties of Isaac's bomb upgrades.
- Bumbo cannot pick up sticky nickels, and will hover over them. Level 4 Bumbo can eventually bomb the nickel loose.
- Bumbo will pick up lucky pennies, without additional benefit to evolution or drops.
- If Bumbo drops a pedestal item, it will be pulled from a random item pool.
- Bumbo will not evolve if he takes coins from exploding the donation machine.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- BFFS!Increases the size and damage of familiars.: Doubles both the contact and shot damage, when applicable.
- Bomber Boy+5 bombs. Isaac's bombs will now explode in a large cross-shaped pattern (roughly 5 bombs explosions wide). This also affects troll bombs.: Bumbo's bombs explode in a cross shape.
- Head of the KeeperIsaac's tears become coins and now have a chance to drop pennies on the floor upon successfully hitting an enemy.: Coins dropped from hitting enemies can level Bumbo up quickly.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Box of FriendsUpon use, duplicates all of Isaac's familiars for the current room.: Will spawn a level 1 Bumbo regardless of the original Bumbo's current level.
- Bum FriendA portable beggar who follows Isaac, picks up coins for himself, and occasionally drops a pickup after collecting a coin. Does not spawn collectibles.: The bum friend will follow Bumbo instead of Isaac.
- Hot BombsGrants 5 bombs. Isaac's bombs leave behind fire that damages enemies upon contact.: Does not affect Bumbo's bombs.
- Keeper: Not recommended, as the coins Bumbo collects could have been used to heal Keeper.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Bumbo is the main character of his own game designed by Edmund McMillen.
- The name is a play on the word bum and Rambo.
- Bumbo Level 1 looks similar to Bum Friend's head.
- According to Edmund, any version of bum that fights is a bumbo.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Seeds[edit | edit source]
SNDY RGFP (Treasure room to the left of the spawn room)
Z633 0SJE (First Floor, Treasure Room adjacent spawn)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|