Effect[edit | edit source]
- Spawns a familiar which floats around the room and picks up any nearby coins. Every 6 coins, Bumbo will evolve to a new form, except for level 4, which takes 12 coins.
- Level 1: Bumbo just collects coins to level up.
- Level 2: Bumbo gains a body and crawls around the room, occasionally dropping random pickups
- Level 3: Bumbo now fires tears that deal 3.5 damage in the same direction Isaac does. Any enemy hit by Bumbo's tears has a chance to drop a coin.
- Level 4: Bumbo no longer fires tears but instead will chase enemies slowly and deal contact damage, up to 37.5 per second. Bumbo will also sometimes randomly drop bombs.
- After reaching level 4 (and a very low chance before level 4), Bumbo will also continue to collect coins and drop random pickups, trinkets, and chests, similar to Bum Friend, but can also drop pedestal items.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Level 1-3 Bumbo can fly over pits and obstacles, despite having limbs at level 3 that serve him as legs.
- If Bumbo consumes an absurd amount of coins while level four, Bumbo can become level one again [Unsure if bug]
- If Level 4 Bumbo targets Mega Satan's head, Bumbo will attempt to "chase" him the entire fight by standing in the middle of the room.
- Bumbo's bombs will take on the properties of Isaac's bomb upgrades.
- Bumbo cannot pick up Sticky Nickels and will hover over them. Level 4 Bumbo can eventually bomb the Sticky Nickel to unstick to the floor.
- Bumbo will pick up Lucky Pennies, without additional benefit to evolution or drops.
- If Bumbo drops a pedestal item, it will be pulled from a random item pool.
- Bumbo will not evolve if he takes coins from exploding the Donation Machine.
- In a RERUN, Bumbo's level is reset.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- BFFS!: Doubles both the contact and shot damage, when applicable.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Box of Friends: Will spawn a level 1 Bumbo regardless of the original Bumbo's current level.
- Bum Friend: The bum friend will follow Bumbo instead of Isaac.
- Hot Bombs: Does not affect Bumbo's bombs.
- Keeper: Not recommended, as the coins Bumbo collects could have been used to heal Keeper.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Bumbo is the main character of his own game, The Legend of Bum-Bo, designed by Edmund McMillen.
- The name is a play on the word bum and Rambo.
- Bumbo Level 1 looks similar to Bum Friend's head.
- According to Edmund, any version of bum that fights is a bumbo.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Seeds[edit | edit source]
SNDY RGFP (Treasure Room to the left of the spawn room)
Z633 0SJE (First floor, Treasure Room adjacent spawn)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|