Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
|Complete 2 Victory Laps and start a 3rdButter!|
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Using an active item will drop it onto a pedestal on the ground.
- When Isaac takes damage, there is a 2% chance one of Isaac's passive items will drop on the ground.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- VoidConsumes all pedestal items in the room. Active items will have their effects added to Void, and passive items will grant stat upgrades.: Renders unusable active items usable.
- Mom's ShovelSpawns a trapdoor that leads to the next floor upon activation. Unlocks The Forgotten when used on a mound of dirt that appears in The Dark Room.: Dropping the shovel will cause the feet to cease stomping. Very useful in a Challenge Room or during Boss Rush, as simply using the active would only prevent stomps for the current wave.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Consumable actives: Active items which remove themselves upon use do not drop and are consumed as normal.
- Controllable actives: Active items which require additional input to control after being used (like The CandleThrows out a blue flame that can pass over gaps (but not through rocks). The flame damages anything in its path. or Breath of LifeGrants a brief moment of invincibility when the charge bar hits zero. If spacebar is held for an additional second after hitting zero, Isaac will take damage.) have no effect and are dropped on the ground. They retain charge when picked up.
- Unusable actives: Some active items are simply dropped on the ground and have no effect. These are noted in the No Effect section of this page.
- Glowing Hour GlassWhen used, this item will rewind time, put Isaac back in the previous room, and undo anything that happened in the current room. Any health, pickups, or items gained or lost will be reset back to the previous state.: Is removed from Isaac and dropped, but is given back to Isaac discharged upon going back in time into the previous room. The room which Glowing Hour Glass was used in will not contain another Glowing Hour Glass.
- How to JumpGives Isaac the ability to jump (over gaps, spikes, etc.).: Isaac animates a jump but his movement remains normal and he cannot go over any obstacles.
- MetronomeGrants a random item effect for the current room.: Effect from the Metronome is immediately cancelled beyond the gain of hearts, coins, bombs, or keys. Visual effect may persist until leaving the room.
- Razor BladeUpon use, deals one heart of damage to Isaac and grants +1.2 damage for the current room.: Deals damage to Isaac as normal but does not increase damage for the current room.
No Effect[edit | edit source]
Butter will immediately cancel the effects of and discharge these active items when dropped, unless they are consumed with VoidConsumes all pedestal items in the room. Active items will have their effects added to Void, and passive items will grant stat upgrades..
- Anarchist CookbookSpawns six troll bombs around the room.
- The Book of BelialUpon use increases damage by 2 for the current room and by a further +50% if the character also has the Blood of the Martyr.
Guarantees a Devil Room or Angel Room will be open after beating a boss while holding it, or increases the chance by 12.5%.
- Brown NuggetSpawns a stationary fly familiar that fires tears at nearby enemies.
- Crack the SkySummons multiple beams of light in random locations around the room, dealing a large amount of damage to any enemy that touches them.
- Doctor's RemoteSets a big red target on the ground (similar to the Epic Fetus item) which can be controlled with tear controls. After 6 seconds or by pressing space again, a huge explosive missile hits it, which damages all enemies caught in its blast radius.
- The GamekidUpon use, turns the character into a into a Pac-Man-like creature for 5 seconds, granting invulnerability, inflicting fear on all enemies, and replenishing half a red heart container for every two enemies killed.
- The HourglassUpon activation, enemies and their projectiles are slowed down for a short duration.
- My Little UnicornUpon use, grants invulnerability and increased speed for five seconds, removing the ability to shoot tears and replacing it with the ability to deal contact damage to enemies.
- The NailAdds one soul heart and allows the breaking of rocks and damaging enemies by simply walking over them. Increases damage and decreases speed. All effects except for the Soul Heart wear off upon leaving the room.
- Notched AxeIsaac holds the axe above his head for as long as the spacebar button is held (or until he leaves the room). While holding the axe, Isaac can break any rock he touches, but cannot attack or pick up other items.
- PauseFreezes all enemies until a fire button is pressed.
- ScissorsUpon use, turns Isaac's head into a stationary familiar for the current room which fires normal tears that deal 3.5 damage.
- SprinklerUpon use, spawns a sprinkler that rotates and fires tears.
- Telepathy for DummiesUpon activation, grants homing tears for the current room.
- Unicorn StumpUpon use, grants invulnerability and increased speed for five seconds, but removes the ability to shoot tears.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Butter! was made by Florian Himsl (developer and programer of the original The Binding of Isaac game).
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Butter!'s appearance prior to Booster Pack #4.
- The BatteryActivated Items can be "overcharged" to allow for an additional use.
- Car BatteryCauses Isaac's activated item to activate twice on each use.
- Sharp PlugUsing an activated item while it's not charged will charge it and Sharp Plug does 2 full heart damage to Isaac.
- VoidConsumes all pedestal items in the room. Active items will have their effects added to Void, and passive items will grant stat upgrades.
- Broken RemoteTriggers the Teleport effect whenever an activated item is used.
- Butter!Using an active item will drop it onto a pedestal on the ground. Taking damage may result in dropping a passive item.
- Dim BulbProvides a boost to all stats when Isaac's active item is completely uncharged.
- Vibrant BulbProvides a boost to all stats when Isaac's active item is fully charged.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|