|(page 4, column 7, line 3)
| Defeat ??? as LilithCambion Conception|
Cambion Conception is a passive item added in Afterbirth.
- Upon taking damage a certain number of times, Isaac gains a permanent demonic Familiar. Possible familiars include:
- Dark BumSpawns a familiar that follows Isaac around and collects red hearts. For every one-and-a-half red hearts collected, Dark Bum will generate one soul heart, one hostile Spider or one friendly blue spider.
- Demon BabyFollows Isaac and automatically fires at enemies in its reach.
- IncubusA demonic familiar that follows Isaac and shoots tears identical to Isaac's in terms of damage, range, fire rate, and effects.
- LeechSpawns a friendly familiar leech on the ground that hunts down enemies and heals you for half a heart each time it eats one.
- Lil BrimstoneA Familiar that shoots a thin Brimstone beam. Must charge like Brimstone before shooting.
- SuccubusSpawns a flying familiar that bounces around the room with a black aura, dealing rapid damage to any enemies inside it. While standing in the aura, Isaac gains a 1.5x tear damage multiplier.
- The first and second familiars will each spawn after taking damage 15 times. The third and fourth familiars will each spawn after taking damage 30 more times. No further familiars will spawn. As a result, after taking damage 90 times, four out of six possible familiars will have spawned.
- Isaac will look progressively more pregnant as he takes damage.
- Lilith starts with this item by default, even if it hasn't been unlocked.
- Only one of each type of familiar can be spawned.
- Only actually getting damage counts towards the payout. For example, disrupting the Holy MantleAutomatically negates first taken damage in every room. shield while keeping your heart containers full will not spawn any familiars.
- Familiars spawned this way do not count towards transformations nor the Collection Page.
- Familiars spawned by the item do not affect item pools, so multiple copies of one familiar can be obtained. For example, a second Incubus can be purchased after Cambion Conception spawns one.
- If a familiar obtained is a copy of another one you've already obtained, using Box of FriendsUpon use, duplicates all of Isaac's familiars for the current room. will only clone one of that familiar, similarly to the Box of Friends's effects on cloned familiars that it spawns.
- The SuccubusSpawns a flying familiar that bounces around the room with a black aura, dealing rapid damage to any enemies inside it. While standing in the aura, Isaac gains a 1.5x tear damage multiplier. spawned by this item will not increase damage by 50%.
- This item is the demonic counterpart to Immaculate ConceptionUpon picking up a certain amount of health, spawn a permanent angelic familiar..
- Immaculate ConceptionUpon picking up a certain amount of health, spawn a permanent angelic familiar. - Familiars are gained for both taking damage and healing said damage.
- The WaferAll sources of damage that would cause more than one half heart of damage are reduced to one half heart instead. - Reduces all damage to half a heart, allowing Isaac to take damage more times.
- Dull RazorHurts Isaac without depleting health, activating any items that trigger upon taking damage. - Allows familiars to be spawned without taking real damage.
- GimpyHas a chance of spawning a soul heart or black heart when taking damage. Enemies have a chance to drop a Half Red Heart after being killed. - Makes enemies drop more health and causes Isaac to occasionally drop health upon taking damage, allowing more damage to be taken for Cambion Conception.
- In mythology, a cambion is the offspring of a human and an incubus or succubus.
- During the development of Afterbirth, Edmund McMillen asked on Twitter what the opposite of Immaculate ConceptionUpon picking up a certain amount of health, spawn a permanent angelic familiar. would be called. 27 people replied with suggestions, but none of them were used.