Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Cat Got Your Tongue
| Guppy's Hair BallLoosely follows behind Isaac. Can be swung like a flail by rapidly spinning Isaac in a circle. Grows bigger by killing enemies.|
Guppy's HeadSpawns 2-4 blue flies to damage enemies.
Guppy's TailIncreases chance of finding gold chests and normal chests, but reduces chance of finding pickups.
|: no : yes|
|Rune of AlgizComplete challenge #8|
|Become Guppy (Collect 3 Guppy Items)Cat Got Your Tongue|
Cat Got Your Tongue is Challenge #8. Isaac starts this challenge with Guppy's HeadSpawns 2-4 blue flies to damage enemies., Guppy's TailIncreases chance of finding gold chests and normal chests, but reduces chance of finding pickups., and Guppy's Hair BallLoosely follows behind Isaac. Can be swung like a flail by rapidly spinning Isaac in a circle. Grows bigger by killing enemies., as well as three Soul Hearts and three Black Hearts, at the expense of his usual three red heart containers. Isaac is also Blindfolded. This challenge is unlocked by transforming into Guppy. The goal is to defeat Mom.
Difficulty[edit | edit source]
- As a result of the Blindfolded status, tears cannot be used, and Isaac must rely heavily on the erratic movement of Guppy's Hair Ball to deal damage.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Because Isaac starts with 3 Guppy items, he begins the challenge as Guppy, which grants flight (a good way of avoiding damage), and creates Blue Flies when dealing damage with Guppy's Hair Ball, familiars, or a Co-op Baby, which act as a secondary source of damage.
- Guppy's Hair Ball is very difficult to control. It would be wise to spend the first few attempts at the challenge practicing with it before a real attempt at completing the challenge is made.
- Items that increase movement speed can make Guppy's Hair Ball somewhat easier to use. The extra speed will allow for more precise control while also indirectly increasing the range at which the Hair Ball can safely be swung.
- Buying 9 VoltReduces the charge of any Activated Items by 1. Any 1 charge items instead have timed recharges. from a shop can allow more blue flies to be spawned by Guppy's Head.
- BFFS!Increases the size and damage of familiars. is a noteworthy item due to its effects on Guppy's Hair Ball.
- Orbitals, such as Cube of MeatOrbiting familiar that blocks enemy shots and deals damage to enemies. If collected while already having one, makes the familiar evolve. Only drops from Horsemen. Similar to Ball of Bandages. and Sacrificial DaggerDagger orbits Isaac, dealing very high damage., can be more effective than Guppy's Hair Ball at blocking and dealing damage.
- Hive MindIncreases the size of blue spiders and blue flies and doubles the amount of damage they deal. greatly increases the damage of Blue Flies.
- Red CandleThrows a persistent flame that deals high damage and diminishes as it damages enemies or blocks shots. or The CandleThrows out a blue flame that can pass over gaps (but not through rocks). The flame damages anything in its path. can be useful alternatives to Guppy's Head, depending on the situation.
- Bob's BrainSpawns a familiar that charges forward when shooting tears and explodes upon contact with an enemy, damaging and poisoning them. The familiar respawns after a few seconds., while dangerous, can serve as a reliable alternative to bombs.
Reward[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- "Cat got your tongue" is an idiom for when people are speechless.
|1.||Pitch Black||2.||High Brow||3.||Head Trauma||4.||Darkness Falls||5.||The Tank||6.||Solar System||7.||Suicide King||8.||Cat Got Your Tongue|
|9.||Demo Man||10.||Cursed!||11.||Glass Cannon||12.||When Life Gives You Lemons||13.||Beans!||14.||It's in the Cards||15.||Slow Roll||16.||Computer Savvy|
|17.||Waka Waka||18.||The Host||19.||The Family Man||20.||Purist|
|21.||XXXXXXXXL||22.||SPEED!||23.||Blue Bomber||24.||PAY TO PLAY||25.||Have a Heart||26.||I RULE!||27.||BRAINS!||28.||PRIDE DAY!|
|29.||Onan's Streak||30.||The Guardian|
|31.||Backasswards||32.||Aprils Fool||33.||Pokey Mans||34.||Ultra Hard||35.||Pong|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|