Chocolate Milk is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Grants charged tears that deal greater damage when fully charged.
- Tear damage scales from approximately 30% damage at a minimum charge to 400% damage at full charge.
- Tears down: Delay * 2.5.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Repeatedly pressing a key to fire allows Isaac to fire as quickly as the key is pressed, up to the equivalent of a maxed tears stat. This is not generally recommended, as overall damage per second is greatly reduced.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- 20/20/ The Inner Eye/ Mutant Spider: Fires multiple charged shots.
- Compound Fracture/ Cricket's Body/ The Parasite: Split tears do half the damage of normal tears.
- Godhead: Charging the shots increase the size and damage of the aura.
- Guppy: Firing quickly generates lots of Blue Flies, which each deal 200% of your tear damage.
- Haemolacria: Increased tear delay. Completely charged shots and their burst tears are larger and deal higher damage than normal. Chocolate Milk also allows low-damage Haemolacria shots to be fired rapidly.
- Isaac's Tears/ Sad Bombs/ Tammy's Head: The size and damage of all generated tears correspond to the current charge level of Chocolate Milk. Isaac's Tears will nearly instantly recharge while charging a Chocolate Milk shot.
- Ipecac: Increased tear delay. Charged shots deal massively increased damage, as the +40 damage from Ipecac is run through the damage multiplier of Chocolate Milk. It also allows low-damage Ipecac shots to be fired rapidly.
- Lachryphagy: Rapidly firing small, uncharged tears can cause the fed tear to grow into a gigantic tear that will still deal fairly low damage while feeding tears with charged tears will result in higher-damage tears.
- Mom's Wig: Spiders rapidly spawn while charging.
- Monstro's Lung: Reduces Isaac's current tear delay by 20%, allowing Monstro's Lung to charge faster. Each tear from Monstro's Lung is also a charged Chocolate Milk shot, massively increasing damage.
- Polyphemus: Increased tear delay. Massively increases the damage of each shot, and charged tears decay in damage much slower as a result.
- Sinus Infection: Booger damage is influenced by the damage of the individual tear, so fully-charged Chocolate Milk shots can result in very potent damage over time.
- Technology 2: Damage dealt by the laser is equal to Isaac's current charge, leading to constant high damage from a safe distance.
- Trisagion: Fully charged beams deal four times normal damage. Trisagion's shots are colored brown.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Anti-Gravity: No effect, but retains the reduced tear delay.
- Brimstone: Doesn't increase damage, but reduces Isaac's current tear delay by 20% (allows Brimstone to charge faster). Beam is colored brown. It also applies to Azazel's default mini-brimstone.
- Cursed Eye: The charge bar only indicates the current charge for Chocolate Milk, not for Cursed Eye; the latter's charge is determined by the eye's glow. If charged until Cursed Eye fully glows, Isaac fires one Chocolate Milk shot, followed by up to three minimal power ones.
- Dr. Fetus: Bombs can't be charged, but reduces Isaac's current tear delay by 20% (allows Dr. Fetus to fire faster). Bombs are brown.
- Epic Fetus: Missiles can't be charged, but reduces Isaac's current tear delay by 20% (allows Epic Fetus' missiles to be fired with a shorter delay between them). Changes the explosion color to brown.
- The Ludovico Technique: The tear can't be charged, but reduces Isaac's current tear delay by 20% (allows The Ludovico Technique to deal damage faster). Turns the tear into a Chocolate Milk tear.
- Mom's Knife: Doesn't increase damage, but reduces Isaac's current tear delay by 20% (allows Mom's Knife to charge faster). The knife turns brown.
- Marked: Isaac will automatically charge his shots. Fire rate increases when the crosshair is closer to Isaac, and damage increases when the crosshair is farther from Isaac.
- Mega Blast: Firing the Mega Blast beam while Chocolate Milk charges preserve the charge, but does not increase the beam's damage.
- Soy Milk: Overrides Chocolate Milk, but Isaac gains a flat +1 damage bonus after the Soy Milk damage penalty.
- Technology: Lasers can't be charged, but reduces Isaac's current tear delay by 20% (allows Technology to fire faster). Lasers are colored brown.
- Tech X: Doesn't increase damage, but reduces Isaac's current tear delay by 20% (allows Tech X to charge faster). Laser rings are colored brown.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is used in Onan's Streak (challenge #29).
Seeds[edit | edit source]
3DS Z6TY HCX7 (Adjacent to starting room)
3DS XALQ CQLT (Below starting room)
PC HM12 QGTW (Above starting room, Brimstone in Curse Room)
PC NM9T FG6Y (2 rooms to the left)
PC GMZZ 3BG7 (Adjacent to starting room)
PS4 LWMA PE0B (Adjacent to starting room)
PS4 MHAY 6H2L (Adjacent to starting room)
PS4 TG9X N2XD (Two rooms to the left)
PS4 ZFKD T9V7 (Adjacent to starting room)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|