Chocolate Milk is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Grants charged tears that deal greater damage when fully charged.
- Tear damage scales from approximately 30% damage at minimum charge to 400% damage at full charge.
- Tears down: (Delay * 2.1) + 3
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Repeatedly pressing a key to fire allows Isaac to fire as quickly as the key is pressed, up to the equivalent of a maxed tears stat. This is not generally recommended, as overall damage per second is greatly reduced.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- 20/20Grants double shot./ The Inner EyeGrants triple shot but decreases tears./ Mutant SpiderGrants quadruple shot but decreases tears.: Fires multiple charged shots.
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: Doesn't increase damage, but reduces Isaac's current tear delay by 20%, allowing Brimstone to charge faster. Beam is colored brown. Also applies to Azazel's default mini-brimstone.
- Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle./ Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's./ The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.: Split tears do half the damage of normal tears.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired.: Bombs can't be charged, but reduces Isaac's current tear delay by 20%, allowing Dr. Fetus to fire faster. Bombs are brown.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Missiles can't be charged, but reduces Isaac's current tear delay by 20%, allowing missiles to be fired with a shorter delay between them. Changes the explosion color to brown.
- GodheadIncreases damage and range while reducing tears and shot speed. Grants homing tears and tears gain a damaging halo.: Charging shots increases the size and damage of the aura.
- Guppy (Transformation): Firing quickly generates lots of flies, which each deal 200% of your tear damage.
- HaemolacriaTears are now fired in an arc. Upon hitting the floor, an obstacle, or an enemy, they burst into many smaller tears in all directions. Increases tear delay.: Completely charged tears and their burst tears are larger and deal higher damage than normal. Chocolate Milk also allows low-damage Haemolacria tears to be fired rapidly.
- Isaac's TearsShoots 8 tears around Isaac, which retain the damage, shot speed, and special effects of his tears. Each tear shot by Isaac increases item charge by one./ Sad Bombs+5 Bombs. Upon exploding, bombs shoot 8 tears off in every direction, similar to Tammy's Head. The tears are affected by any tear modifiers Isaac has on his own tears./ Tammy's HeadShoots 10 tears in a circle around Isaac, which retain the damage, shot speed, and special effects (such as poison) of Isaac's tears.: The size and damage of all generated tears correspond to the current charge level of Chocolate Milk. Isaac's Tears will nearly instantly recharge while charging a Chocolate Milk shot.
- LachryphagyIsaac's tears decelerate as they travel. Upon stopping or hitting an obstacle, they burst into 8 tears in all directions. Tears can be fired into other tears to feed them, increasing their damage.: Rapidly firing small, uncharged tears can cause the fed tear to grow into a gigantic tear that will still deal fairly low damage, while feeding tears with charged tears will result in higher-damage tears.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: The tear can't be charged, but reduces Isaac's current tear delay by 20%, allowing The Ludovico Technique to deal damage faster. Turns the tear into a Chocolate Milk tear.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: Doesn't increase damage, but reduces Isaac's current tear delay by 20%, allowing Mom's Knife to charge faster. Knife turns brown.
- Mom's WigAdds a chance to spawn blue spiders when firing tears. Restores 1 red heart.: Spiders rapidly spawn while charging.
- Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: Reduces Isaac's current tear delay by 20%, allowing Monstro's Lung to charge faster. Each tear from Monstro's Lung is a charged chocolate milk shot, massively increasing damage.
- PolyphemusMakes Isaac shoot one huge tear. Also reduces Tears to minimum. Damage increased . If tear does more damage than an enemy's life, the tear continues to travel with the extra remaining damage.: Massively increases damage of each shot. Tears fired decay in damage much slower.
- Sinus InfectionAdds a chance to fire a booger which sticks to enemies and poisons them.: Booger damage is influenced by the damage of the individual tear, so fully-charged Chocolate Milk shots can result in very potent damage over time.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: Lasers can't be charged, but reduces Isaac's current tear delay by 20%, allowing Technology to fire faster. Lasers are colored brown.
- Technology 2Decreases damage and replaces right eye tears with a unlimited range, piercing laser which fires continuously.: Damage dealt by the laser is equal to Isaac's current charge, leading to constant high damage from a safe distance.
- Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.: Doesn't increase damage, but reduces Isaac's current tear delay by 20%, allowing Tech X to charge faster. Laser rings are colored brown.
- TrisagionTears are replaced with piercing white blasts of light.: Fully charged beams deal four times normal damage. Trisagion's shots are colored brown.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Anti-Gravity-2 Tear Delay. Tears float in position until firing ceases, after which they will fly off in the direction they were shot in.: No effect, but retains the reduced tear delay.
- Cursed EyeGrants charged tears that can be fired in a tight burst of four. Getting hit while charging will teleport Isaac into another room.: The charge bar only indicates the current charge for Chocolate Milk, not for Cursed Eye; the latter's charge is determined by the eye's glow. If charged until Cursed Eye fully glows, Isaac fires one Chocolate Milk shot, followed by up to three minimal power ones.
- MarkedIsaac will now fire tears automatically directed at a red target on the ground which is controlled by the player. This allows for a full 360 degree tear firing radius. Can be overridden by other tear modifiers such as Mom's Knife or Brimstone.: Isaac will automatically charge his shots. Fire rate increases when the crosshair is closer to Isaac, and damage increases when the crosshair is farther from Isaac.
- Mega BlastUpon use, Isaac fires a laser similar to the one used by Mega Satan. This laser deals massive damage, lasts for approximately 15 seconds, and persists between rooms. Isaac is pushed backwards by the force of the laser while it is active.: Firing the Mega Blast beam while Chocolate Milk charges preserves the charge, but does not increase the beam's damage.
- Soy MilkTears shrink and do much less damage, but fire in very rapid succession.: Overrides Chocolate Milk, but Isaac gains a flat +1 damage bonus after the Soy Milk damage penalty.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is used in Challenge #29 (Onan's Streak).
Seeds[edit | edit source]
Z6TY HCX7 (Adjacent to starting room)
XALQ CQLT (Below starting room)
HM12 QGTW (Above starting room, Brimstone in curse room)
NM9T FG6Y (2 rooms to the left)
GMZZ 3BG7 (Adjacent to starting room)
LWMA PE0B (Adjacent to starting room)
MHAY 6H2L (Adjacent to starting room)
TG9X N2XD (Two rooms to the left)
ZFKD T9V7 (Adjacent to starting room)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|