Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Chocolate Milk is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Grants charged tears that deal greater damage when fully charged.
- Tear damage scales from approximately 30% damage at minimum charge to 400% damage at full charge.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Repeatedly pressing a key to fire allows Isaac to fire as quickly as the key is pressed, up to the equivalent of a maxed tears stat. This is not generally recommended, as overall damage per second is greatly reduced.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- 20/20Grants double shot./ The Inner EyeGrants triple shot but decreases tears./ Mutant SpiderGrants quadruple shot but decreases tears.: Fires multiple charged shots.
- Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle./ Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's./ The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.: Split tears do half the damage of normal tears.
- Fire MindGrants flaming tears that deal burning damage over time. Tears have a chance to explode on impact with an enemy, which creates a fire at the location of the explosion.: Greatly increased damage.
- GodheadIncreases damage and range while reducing tears and shot speed. Grants homing tears and tears gain a damaging halo.: Charging shots increases the size of the aura but does not affect its damage.
- Guppy (Transformation): Firing quickly generates lots of flies which each deal 200% of your tear damage.
- HaemolacriaTears are now fired in an arc. Upon hitting the floor, an obstacle, or an enemy, they burst into many smaller tears in all directions. Increases tear delay.: Completely charged tears and their burst tears are larger and deal higher damage than normal. Chocolate Milk also allows low-damage Haemolacria tears to be fired rapidly.
- Isaac's TearsShoots 8 tears around Isaac, which retain the damage, shot speed, and special effects of his tears. Each tear shot by Isaac increases item charge by one./ Tammy's HeadShoots 10 tears in a circle around Isaac, which retain the damage, shot speed, and special effects (such as poison) of Isaac's tears./ Sad Bombs+5 Bombs. Upon exploding, bombs shoot 8 tears off in every direction, similar to Tammy's Head. The tears are affected by any tear modifiers Isaac has on his own tears.: The size and damage of all generated tears is the same as the current charge level of Chocolate Milk. Isaac's Tears will nearly instantly recharge while charging a Chocolate Milk shot.
- LachryphagyIsaac's tears decelerate as they travel. Upon stopping or hitting an obstacle, they burst into 8 tears in all directions. Tears can be fired into other tears to feed them, increasing their damage.: Rapidly firing small, uncharged tears can cause the fed tear to grow into a gigantic tear that will still deal fairly low damage, while feeding tears with charged tears will result in higher-damage tears.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: No damage increase, but results in -1 tear delay.
- Mom's WigAdds a chance to spawn blue spiders when firing tears. Restores 1 red heart.: Spiders rapidly spawn while charging.
- Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: Each tear is a charged chocolate milk shot (with no increase in charge time), massively increasing damage.
- PolyphemusMakes Isaac shoot one huge tear. Also reduces Tears to minimum. Damage increased . If tear does more damage than an enemy's life, the tear continues to travel with the extra remaining damage.: Greatly increases damage of each shot; charge time seems unaffected.
- ProptosisTears start out massive with high damage, and then shrink down and become weaker over a short range.: Greatly increases size and damage of each shot.
- Sad Bombs+5 Bombs. Upon exploding, bombs shoot 8 tears off in every direction, similar to Tammy's Head. The tears are affected by any tear modifiers Isaac has on his own tears./ Tammy's HeadShoots 10 tears in a circle around Isaac, which retain the damage, shot speed, and special effects (such as poison) of Isaac's tears.: Tears fired correspond to Isaac's charge. When stacked with the damage benefit from Sad Bombs and the multiple tears, this can be an extremely powerful combination.
- Sinus InfectionAdds a chance to fire a booger which sticks to enemies and poisons them.: Booger damage is influenced by the damage of the individual tear, so fully-charged Chocolate Milk shots can result in very potent damage over time.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: The character fires lasers, and receives a moderate Tears Up.
- Technology 2Decreases damage and replaces right eye tears with a unlimited range, piercing laser which fires continuously.: Damage dealt by the laser is equal to Isaac's current charge, leading to constant high damage from a safe distance.
- Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.: Reduce the charge time. No effects on damage.
- TrisagionTears are replaced with piercing white blasts of light.: Fully charged beams do 3 times normal damage. Trisagion's shots are colored brown.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Anti-Gravity-2 Tear Delay. Tears float in position until firing ceases, after which they will fly off in the direction they were shot in.: No effect.
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: Beam is paler. Slight decrease in charge time, but no increase in damage. Also applies to Azazel's default mini-brimstone.
- Cursed EyeGrants charged tears that can be fired in a tight burst of four. Getting hit while charging will teleport Isaac into another room.: Charging makes one Chocolate Milk shot, followed by up to 3 Cursed Eye Shots.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired.: Bombs are brown, tears are increased, damage isn't increased. Bombs cannot be charged.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Changes explosion color to brown and increases damage slightly.
- MarkedIsaac will now fire tears automatically directed at a red target on the ground which is controlled by the player. This allows for a full 360 degree tear firing radius. Can be overridden by other tear modifiers such as Mom's Knife or Brimstone.: Isaac will automatically charge his shots. Fire rate increases when the crosshair is closer to Isaac, and damage increases when the crosshair is farther from Isaac.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: Knife turns brown. No other effects.
- Soy MilkTears shrink and do much less damage, but fire in very rapid succession.: Overrides Chocolate Milk, but Isaac gains a flat +1 damage bonus after the Soy Milk damage penalty.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is used in Challenge #29 (Onan's Streak).
Seeds[edit | edit source]
Z6TY HCX7 (Adjacent to starting room)
XALQ CQLT (Below starting room)
HM12 QGTW (Above starting room, Brimstone in curse room)
NM9T FG6Y (2 rooms to the left)
GMZZ 3BG7 (Adjacent to starting room)
LWMA PE0B (Adjacent to starting room)
MHAY 6H2L (Adjacent to starting room)
TG9X N2XD (Two rooms to the left)
ZFKD T9V7 (Adjacent to starting room)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|