Behavior[edit | edit source]
- Chub charges at Isaac whenever in line of sight, dealing damage upon hit.
- Even after hitting Isaac, Chub will continue to charge until she hits a wall.
- If Isaac drops a bomb in front of Chub when she's charging, she will eat the bomb, freezing in place with a terrified face (the same face in the death animation) and being dealt damage to after a small delay.
- Chub will occasionally spawn Chargers, which will chase Isaac whenever in line of sight.
Champion Variants[edit | edit source]
- Orange: Smaller and faster than normal. Spawns Spitties instead of Chargers.
- Blue: Larger and slower than normal. Spawns Black Boils instead of Chargers.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Chub is often paired with Chargers in the boss room.
- She can also be paired with Drowned Chargers.
- Sometimes, Chub can spawn with only two segments, preventing her from spawning anything.
- When using Dr. Fetus' bomb combined with a shot type that passes through enemies, Chub will not eat the bomb.
- Each segment of Chub can be individually damaged, so a single piercing tear could possibly hit Chub multiple times.
- Chub will eat troll bombs (such as those set by other bosses) just like bombs dropped by Isaac.
- Best Friend can damage Chub if eaten, similar to a bomb.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Chub as one of Delirium's forms.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Carrion Queen is the posthumous version of her, and C.H.A.D. is the alternate version.
- Chub is one of three bosses to have its posthumus version in the same chapter, the other cases being Gemini having Blighted Ovum in Chapter 1 and Polycephalus having The Stain in Chapter 2.
- Chub appeared in the original Binding of Isaac.
- Chub is confirmed to be female.
- Chub may also be a reference to the Dodongos from The Legend of Zelda, which Link had to toss bombs into their mouths to kill. This is supported by the Rules Card's display of "CHUB DISLIKES SMOKE", a reference to "DODONGO DISLIKES SMOKE" from the original Legend of Zelda.
- The Matriarch is a boss from Booster Pack #5 that is simultaneously based of Chub herself, Fistula, and Fistuloid. When at low HP, she will split into Chub.
- Unlike the usual pattern, if the Chub from The Matriarch eats a bomb, she'll spit it back at the player.
- Chub is one of the three bosses that can be spawned by It Lives, the other two being Polycephalus and Teratoma.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Bug! If Chub is killed while frozen by Mom's Contacts, only the part to receive the last shot will die.
||Blighted Ovum • Dingle • The Duke of Flies • Famine • Fistula • Gemini • Gurglings • The Haunt • Larry Jr. • Monstro • Pin • Steven • Widow |
Dangle • Little Horn • Rag Man • Turdlings
||Carrion Queen • C.H.A.D. • Chub • Dark One • Gurdy • Gurdy Jr. • The Hollow • The Husk • Mega Fatty • Mega Maw • Peep • Pestilence • Polycephalus • The Wretched |
The Forsaken • The Frail • The Stain
Big Horn • Rag Mega
||The Adversary • The Bloat • The Cage • The Gate • Gish • Loki • Mask Of Infamy • Monstro II • War • Mom |
||Blastocyst • The Bloat • Conquest • Daddy Long Legs • Death • Lokii • Mama Gurdy • Mr. Fred • Scolex • Teratoma • Triachnid • Mom's Heart • It Lives |
Sisters Vis • The Matriarch
| Blue Womb
||Satan • Isaac|
||??? • The Lamb • Mega Satan|
| Greed Mode
|| Ultra Greed |
| The Void
|Chapters 1-4||The Fallen • The Headless Horseman|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|