Coins serve as the currency for Shops, the payment for the Donation Machine in Shops, and payment for the Slot Machines, Fortune Telling Machines, Shell Game, Beggars, and Restock Machines. They are also consumed to use a few activated items (most notably Magic Fingers and Portable Slot). Keeper can also pick up coins to refill his health.
|Coin||ID||Image||Worth||Additional Info||Unlocked By|
|Penny||5.20.1||1||Humbling Bundle and Equality! can replace this with a Double Penny.|
|Double Penny||5.20.4||2||Doesn't spawn naturally. Can only be found by using certain items or encountering certain rooms.|
|Lucky Penny||5.20.5||1||Increases luck by 1 when picked up.
Humbling Bundle and Equality! will not double this.
Bumbo and Bum Friend will pick this up, but will not give Isaac any luck.
|Donate 1 coin to the Greed Donation Machine|
|Sticky Nickel||5.20.6||5||Will flip upside-down when Isaac tries to collect it. Afterwards, it will get stuck on the ground, unable to be picked up unless blasted off the ground with an explosion.
Bumbo and Bum Friend are unable to pick this up; they instead hover over them attempting to pick them up.
|Complete the Boss Rush as Keeper|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Unlocking Sticky Nickels is strictly speaking a downgrade as they replace normal nickels, though the sticky ones are rare enough to not make a severe difference.
- Although Edmund McMillen has stated they should replace pennies, this is not how they are actually implemented.
- Booster Pack #5 added a green glow to Lucky Pennies, making them easier to spot. This was from this Steam Workshop mod by piber20.
- Despite being able to pick up coins, Ultra greed and his statue cannot pick up sticky nickels until they have been unstuck by an explosion.
- During an ultra greed fight, if a sticky nickel drops ultra greed will be continuously drawn to it.
Unlockable Achievements[edit | edit source]
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|