Cricket's Body is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- When Isaac's normal tears disappear (either from hitting the ground or hitting something else), they spawn 4 smaller tears.
- Each smaller tear deals half of Isaac's normal damage.
- Slightly increases the size of the tear.
- -10 range
- -1 tear delay (increased rate of fire)
- Since this directly affects tear delay instead of changing the tears stat, it allows Isaac's rate of fire to go over the normal maximum rate.
- Tear delay decreases are only noticeable when the tears stat is high.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Any status effect carrying tears: split tears will carry the same status effect.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: Overrides Cricket's Body.
- Dead OnionGrants piercing and spectral tears. Increases tear size (without increasing damage) while greatly reducing range and shot speed.: Not recommended, as it significantly decreases effective range.
- DiplopiaDuplicates all pickups and item pedestals in the room.: No effect.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide a fixed range after being fired.: Greatly reduces range, but bombs do not split.
- The bombs fired by Dr. Fetus will split into smaller bombs, much like Scatter BombsAdds 5 bombs. Isaac's bombs explode into 2-4 tiny bombs..
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Only tear stat change applies.
- EuthanasiaAdds a chance to fire needles. If a needle kills an enemy, it bursts into more needles.: Needle tears will split into 4 small needle tears upon hitting the ground or an enemy. Split tears produced have chance to deal triple damage, but will not cause tear bursts.
- Kidney StoneRandomly while firing tears, Isaac will stop firing and turn red, where he will charge and release a lot of 'tears' in one go. In the burst of tears is a kidney stone which deals a lot of damage.: Drastically decreases range. The stone will not split.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: Overrides Cricket's Body except for stat effects which apply.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: Range of the knife is significantly decreased.
- Piercing Tears: Tears will only split after landing on the ground.
- Spectral Tears: Tears will only split after landing on the ground.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: Overrides Cricket's Body except for stat effects which apply.
- Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.: Overrides Cricket's Body except for stat effects which apply.
- The WizTears simultaneously fire out of both eyes diagonally, similar to the effect of the R U A Wizard? pill. Isaac's tears also travel above all obstacles.: Tears that are shot diagonally outward will split into burst tears.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- 20/20Grants double shot./ Cursed EyeGrants charged tears that can be fired in a tight burst of four. Getting hit while charging will teleport Isaac into another room./ The Inner EyeGrants triple shot but decreases tears./ Mutant SpiderGrants quadruple shot but decreases tears.: All tears will split into burst tears.
- Angelic PrismGrants a prism orbital with a large orbital radius. Tears that pass through the prism split into four multi-colored tears.: All tears split by the prism will burst into split tears.
- Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle.: When bone tears split into bone shards after hitting an obstacle or enemy, the bone shards will split into 4 smaller bone shards after hitting the ground.
- Death's TouchIncreases Damage by 1.5, reduces Tears by 0.3 and increases tear size. Grants piercing tears. Tears are replaced by Death's scythes, which is a cosmetic effect only.: Passes through enemies and splits into 4 scythes each time.
- Fire MindGrants flaming tears that deal burning damage over time. Tears have a chance to explode on impact with an enemy, which creates a fire at the location of the explosion.: If the main tear explodes, all splash tears will also explode. Having Host HatA host familiar that sits on Isaac's head and has a random chance to block enemy shots and retaliate with 3 tears. Grants immunity to explosions. or PyromaniacIsaac heals 1 heart instead of taking damage from an explosive source. Adds 5 bombs. is strongly recommended.
- Flat StoneTears bounce off the floor. Tears that hit an enemy after bouncing deal splash damage to all nearby enemies for 25% of Isaac's tear damage.: Tears will bounce twice and spawn burst tears when they bounce.
- HaemolacriaTears are now fired in an arc. Upon hitting the floor, an obstacle, or an enemy, they burst into many smaller tears in all directions. Increases tear delay.: All normal Haemolacria burst tears burst again into 4 split tears.
- Homing Tears: The split tears will be more likely to hit enemies.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: Main tear splits into four explosive splash tears. The split tears can still damage Isaac. Having Host HatA host familiar that sits on Isaac's head and has a random chance to block enemy shots and retaliate with 3 tears. Grants immunity to explosions. or PyromaniacIsaac heals 1 heart instead of taking damage from an explosive source. Adds 5 bombs. is strongly recommended.
- Jacob's LadderTears fire sparks of electricity in random directions upon hitting an obstacle or enemy.: Additional tears caused by Cricket's Body also create arcs of electricity.
- LachryphagyIsaac's tears decelerate as they travel. Upon stopping or hitting an obstacle, they burst into 8 tears in all directions. Tears can be fired into other tears to feed them, increasing their damage.: Fed tears split into 12 tears.
- Lead PencilAfter every 15 tears fired, Isaac will fire a high-damage cluster of tears./ Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: All tears fired will splash after landing. Increased damage potential only noticed when firing into groups, due to random pattern of each tear when it splashes.
- Lost ContactEvery tear has a small shield which will allow it to block one enemy projectile.: Split tears will also be shielded.
- Mom's HeelsIncreases range.: Mom's Heels greatly increases range, reverting the range penalty, which results in tears splashing for a prolonged amount of time.
- The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.: Eight split tears instead of four.
- PolyphemusMakes Isaac shoot one huge tear. Also reduces Tears to minimum. Damage increased . If tear does more damage than an enemy's life, the tear continues to travel with the extra remaining damage.: The split tears deal significant damage.
- Rubber CementTears bounce off walls, enemies, and environmental objects.: With some range upgrades, split tears will also bounce off obstacles and enemies.
- Sad Bombs+5 Bombs. Upon exploding, bombs shoot 8 tears off in every direction, similar to Tammy's Head. The tears are affected by any tear modifiers Isaac has on his own tears.: After bombs explode, all tears burst into split tears.
- SprinklerUpon use, spawns a sprinkler that rotates and fires tears.: Sprinkler's tears will split into burst tears.
- Technology ZeroConnects Isaac's tears with electricity that can damage enemies.: Split tears are connected via electricity both to each other and tears nearby.
- Tiny PlanetRange up and makes shot tears revolve around Isaac until they drop.: The split tears orbit Isaac instead of spreading.
- Tough LoveAdds a chance to shoot a tooth instead of a tear, which deals greater damage than regular tears.: Teeth tears will split into 4 smaller teeth.
- Tractor BeamIsaac emits a beam from his face. Isaac's tears travel in the path of the beam.: Main tears and split tears will travel along the beam.
- TrisagionTears are replaced with piercing white blasts of light.: All beams burst into 4 beams.
- Varicose VeinsTaking damage releases a ring of 10 high damage tears.: After getting hurt, all tears burst into split tears.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Cricket's Body is named after Edmund's former cat, Cricket.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
L2HV GKXB (Treasure room adjacent to spawn; Basement XL)
1Y4M E4YD (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
NPRD RXJQ (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
A439 2M68 (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
MAHL N6RQ (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
MY0A LHLQ (First floor treasure room)
Y80Y 1LQ7 (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
JVSX EFZY (First floor treasure room)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|