Cricket's Body is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- When Isaac's normal tears disappear (either from hitting the ground or hitting something else), they spawn 4 smaller tears.
- Each smaller tear deals half of Isaac's normal damage.
- Slightly increases the size of the tear.
- -10 range
- -1 tear delay (increased rate of fire)
- Since this directly affects tear delay instead of changing the tears stat, it allows Isaac's rate of fire to go over the normal maximum rate.
- Tear delay decreases are only noticeable when the tears stat is high.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Any status effect carrying tears: split tears will carry the same status effect.
- If Isaac has less than 10 range, the split tears appear but cannot actually cause damage before hitting the floor.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Angelic PrismGrants a prism orbital with a large orbital radius. Tears that pass through the prism split into four multi-colored tears.: All tears split by the prism will burst into split tears.
- Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle.: When bone tears split into bone shards after hitting an obstacle or enemy, the bone shards will split into 4 smaller bone shards after hitting the ground.
- HaemolacriaTears are now fired in an arc. Upon hitting the floor, an obstacle, or an enemy, they burst into many smaller tears in all directions. Increases tear delay.: All normal Haemolacria burst tears burst again into 4 split tears.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth./ Fire MindGrants flaming tears that deal burning damage over time. Tears have a chance to explode on impact with an enemy, which creates a fire at the location of the explosion.: Main tear splits into four explosive splash tears. The split tears can still damage Isaac. Having Host HatA host familiar that sits on Isaac's head and has a random chance to block enemy shots and retaliate with 3 tears. Grants immunity to explosions. or PyromaniacIsaac heals 1 heart instead of taking damage from an explosive source. Adds 5 bombs. is strongly recommended.
- LachryphagyIsaac's tears decelerate as they travel. Upon stopping or hitting an obstacle, they burst into 8 tears in all directions. Tears can be fired into other tears to feed them, increasing their damage.: Fed tears split into 12 tears.
- Lead PencilAfter every 15 tears fired, Isaac will fire a high-damage cluster of tears./ Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: All tears fired will splash after landing. Increased damage potential only noticed when firing into groups, due to random pattern of each tear when it splashes.
- The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.: Eight split tears instead of four.
- Tiny PlanetRange up and makes shot tears revolve around Isaac until they drop.: The split tears orbit Isaac instead of spreading.
- Tough LoveAdds a chance to shoot a tooth instead of a tear, which deals greater damage than regular tears.: Teeth tears will split into 4 smaller teeth.
- Tractor BeamIsaac emits a beam from his face. Isaac's tears travel in the path of the beam.: Main tears and split tears will travel along the beam.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: Overrides Cricket's Body.
- Dead OnionGrants piercing and spectral tears. Increases tear size (without increasing damage) while greatly reducing range and shot speed.: Significantly decreases effective range, potentially preventing the split tears from causing damage.
- DiplopiaDuplicates all pickups and item pedestals in the room.: No effect.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired.: Greatly reduces range, bombs do not split.
- The bombs fired by Dr. Fetus will split into smaller bombs, much like Scatter BombsAdds 5 bombs. Isaac's bombs explode into 2-4 tiny bombs..
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Only tear stat change applies.
- EuthanasiaAdds a chance to fire needles. If a needle kills an enemy, it bursts into more needles.: Needle tears will split into 4 small needle tears upon hitting the ground or an enemy. Split tears produced have chance to deal triple damage, but will not cause tear bursts.
- Flat StoneTears bounce off the floor. Tears that hit an enemy after bouncing deal splash damage to all nearby enemies for 25% of Isaac's tear damage.: Tears will usually only bounce twice, unless Isaac has high range, and spawns burst tears when they bounce.
- Kidney StoneRandomly while firing tears, Isaac will stop firing and turn red, where he will charge and release a lot of 'tears' in one go. In the burst of tears is a kidney stone which deals a lot of damage.: Drastically decreases range, potentially preventing the split tears from causing damage. The stone will not split.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: Overrides Cricket's Body except for stat effects which apply.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: Range of the knife is significantly decreased.
- Number One+1.5 tears, -17.62 range: Drastically decreases range, potentially preventing the split tears from causing damage.
- Piercing Tears: Tears will only split after landing on the ground.
- Spectral Tears: Tears will only split after landing on the ground.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: Overrides Cricket's Body except for stat effects which apply.
- Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.: Overrides Cricket's Body except for stat effects which apply.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Cricket's Body is named after Edmund's former cat, Cricket.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
L2HV GKXB (Treasure room adjacent to spawn; Basement XL)
1Y4M E4YD (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
NPRD RXJQ (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
A439 2M68 (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
MAHL N6RQ (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
MY0A LHLQ (First floor treasure room)
Y80Y 1LQ7 (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
JVSX EFZY (First floor treasure room)
- Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's.
- Cricket's HeadIncreases damage by 0.5, and multiplies it by 1.5x.
- Dead CatSets the amount of red heart containers to 1, but gives Isaac 9 extra lives. After dying, Isaac is teleported to the last safe room. New heart containers can be obtained after picking up this item, but after each death, the number of heart containers is set to 1 again.
- Guppy's CollarGrants Isaac a permanent 50% chance to respawn with 1/2 of a red heart after death.
- Guppy's Hair BallLoosely follows behind Isaac. Can be swung like a flail by rapidly spinning Isaac in a circle. Grows bigger by killing enemies.
- Guppy's HeadSpawns 2-4 blue flies to damage enemies.
- Guppy's PawRemoves one red heart container in exchange for gaining 3 Soul Hearts.
- Guppy's TailIncreases chance of finding gold chests and normal chests, but reduces chance of finding pickups.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|