Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
| Blue MapShows secret and super secret room locations on the map.|
The CompassReveals all special rooms (except secret rooms of any kind).
Raw LiverGrants 2 Heart Containers and completely restores health.
Treasure MapReveals all rooms for every floor. However, it does not reveal icons or secret rooms.
Yum HeartRestores 1 whole red heart.
Child's HeartIncreases the chance of a Heart dropping after clearing a room, and the chance of finding a Heart when opening a Chest.
|Curse of the Cursed|
|: yes : yes|
|Credit CardComplete challenge #10|
|Have 7 or more heart containers at one timeCursed!|
Cursed! is Challenge #10. This challenge has you play as Magdalene and starts you with Yum HeartRestores 1 whole red heart., Raw LiverGrants 2 Heart Containers and completely restores health., The CompassReveals all special rooms (except secret rooms of any kind)., Treasure MapReveals all rooms for every floor. However, it does not reveal icons or secret rooms., Blue MapShows secret and super secret room locations on the map., and the Child's HeartIncreases the chance of a Heart dropping after clearing a room, and the chance of finding a Heart when opening a Chest. trinket. Every floor is cursed with Curse of the Cursed. Your goal is to defeat Mom. This challenge is unlocked by unlocking Magdalene.
Difficulty[edit | edit source]
Curse of the Cursed changes doors between normal rooms to cursed doors, like those found in Curse Rooms. This will cause a lot of damage to your character. Curse of the Cursed is not a regular curse encountered in normal game-play, it is unique to this challenge.
Flight will NOT prevent damage from the curse room doors, despite how it works in normal curse rooms.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Maggy will begin the challenge with two extra heart containers from Raw LiverGrants 2 Heart Containers and completely restores health.. Items and trinkets which collectively increase heart drops and provide other means of healing go a long way toward survival.
- Use of teleportation and bombing through Secret Rooms, along with observing the mini-map, can significantly reduce the number of cursed doors entered.
- It can be useful to balance procuring resources for floors ahead and moving through each floor by as short a route possible.
- PlacentaGrants a full heart container, and a chance to regenerate a half-heart of health every minute of gameplay. removes the difficulty of the challenge in exchange for time, as health can be regenerated simply by waiting.
- Black CandlePrevents curses. Grants one black heart. Increases the chance for a Devil or angel room to appear. will not prevent Curse of the Cursed, but it will prevent other curses from activating. This can be extremely helpful in cases where Curse of the Lost would remove Maggy's mapping abilities.
- See Holy MantleAutomatically negates first taken damage in every room., Breath of LifeGrants a brief moment of invincibility when the charge bar hits zero. If spacebar is held for an additional second after hitting zero, Isaac will take damage., Isaac's HeartIsaac himself is now immune to all damage, and a heart familiar appears and follows Isaac. If the heart is hurt, Isaac is hurt., and Ventricle RazorCan be used to place an orange portal and a blue portal. Upon entering a portal, Isaac is teleported to the other portal.; four items which can be used to repeatably avoid damage from cursed doors.
- In most cases, the best idea is to head directly for the boss room on every floor to minimize damage taken. Avoid taking extensive routes towards item rooms if they branch out far, because there's a low chance the item will be worth taking so much damage for.
- Getting Unicorn StumpUpon use, grants invulnerability and increased speed for five seconds, but removes the ability to shoot tears. early enough can be one of the best replacements for Yum HeartRestores 1 whole red heart. in terms of active items. Its one room charge time allows use of it after clearing a room to navigate the floor much more safely. Damage isn't entirely avoided from this method, however, as rooms without enemies can still be mixed in and not give it a charge.
- Car BatteryCauses Isaac's activated item to activate twice on each use. can make the challenge easier by doubling the effects of Yum Heart, as can The BatteryActivated Items can be "overcharged" to allow for an additional use. by letting you store a charge for when you need it, and 9 VoltReduces the charge of any Activated Items by 1. Any 1 charge items instead have timed recharges. by making Yum Heart charge faster.
Reward[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The "CVRS ED" seed turns normal doors into cursed doors, and is the only way to encounter this curse outside of the challenge.
|1.||Pitch Black||2.||High Brow||3.||Head Trauma||4.||Darkness Falls||5.||The Tank||6.||Solar System||7.||Suicide King||8.||Cat Got Your Tongue|
|9.||Demo Man||10.||Cursed!||11.||Glass Cannon||12.||When Life Gives You Lemons||13.||Beans!||14.||It's in the Cards||15.||Slow Roll||16.||Computer Savvy|
|17.||Waka Waka||18.||The Host||19.||The Family Man||20.||Purist|
|21.||XXXXXXXXL||22.||SPEED!||23.||Blue Bomber||24.||PAY TO PLAY||25.||Have a Heart||26.||I RULE!||27.||BRAINS!||28.||PRIDE DAY!|
|29.||Onan's Streak||30.||The Guardian|
|31.||Backasswards||32.||Aprils Fool||33.||Pokey Mans||34.||Ultra Hard||35.||Pong|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|