| Blue Map|
|Curse of the Cursed|
|: yes : yes|
|Have 7 or more Red Heart Containers at one time|
Cursed! is challenge #10. This challenge play as Magdalene and start with Yum Heart, Raw Liver, The Compass, Treasure Map, Blue Map, and Child's Heart. Every floor is cursed with Curse of the Cursed. The goal is to defeat Mom. This challenge is unlocked by unlocking Magdalene.
Difficulty[edit | edit source]
- Curse of the Cursed changes doors between normal rooms to cursed doors, like those found in Curse Rooms. This will cause a lot of damage to Magdalene. Curse of the Cursed is not a regular curse encountered in normal game-play, it is unique to this challenge.
- Flight will NOT prevent damage from the curse room doors, despite how it works in normal curse rooms.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Unlike regular curse rooms, bombs can be used to blow open cursed doors.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Maggy will begin the challenge with two extra Red Heart containers from Raw Liver. Items and trinkets which collectively increase heart drops and provide other means of healing go a long way toward survival.
- Use of teleportation and bombing through Secret Rooms, along with observing the mini-map, can significantly reduce the number of cursed doors entered.
- It can be useful to balance procuring resources for floors ahead and moving through each floor by as short a route possible.
- Placenta removes the difficulty of the challenge in exchange for time, as health can be regenerated simply by waiting.
- Black Candle will not prevent Curse of the Cursed, but it will prevent other curses from activating. This can be extremely helpful in cases where the Curse of the Lost would remove Maggy's mapping abilities.
- See Holy Mantle, Breath of Life, Isaac's Heart, and Ventricle Razor; four items which can be used to repeatably avoid damage from cursed doors.
- In most cases, the best idea is to head directly for the Boss Room on every floor to minimize damage taken. Avoid taking extensive routes towards Treasure Rooms if they branch out far because there's a low chance the item will be worth taking so much damage.
- Getting Unicorn Stump early enough can be one of the best replacements for Yum Heart in terms of active items. Its one-room charge time allows the use of it after clearing a room to navigate the floor much more safely. Damage isn't entirely avoided from this method, however, as rooms without enemies can still be mixed in and not give it a charge.
- Car Battery can make the challenge easier by doubling the effects of Yum Heart, as can The Battery, which allows for two charges, and 9 Volt by making Yum Heart charge faster.
Reward[edit | edit source]
- Credit Card - Complete Cursed (challenge #10).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The "CVRS ED" seed turns normal doors into cursed doors, and is the only way to encounter this curse outside of the challenge.
|1.||Pitch Black||2.||High Brow||3.||Head Trauma||4.||Darkness Falls||5.||The Tank||6.||Solar System||7.||Suicide King||8.||Cat Got Your Tongue|
|9.||Demo Man||10.||Cursed!||11.||Glass Cannon||12.||When Life Gives You Lemons||13.||Beans!||14.||It's in the Cards||15.||Slow Roll||16.||Computer Savvy|
|17.||Waka Waka||18.||The Host||19.||The Family Man||20.||Purist|
|21.||XXXXXXXXL||22.||SPEED!||23.||Blue Bomber||24.||PAY TO PLAY||25.||Have a Heart||26.||I RULE!||27.||BRAINS!||28.||PRIDE DAY!|
|29.||Onan's Streak||30.||The Guardian|
|31.||Backasswards||32.||Aprils Fool||33.||Pokey Mans||34.||Ultra Hard||35.||Pong|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|