Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|(page 3, column 11, row 4)|
The Cursed Eye is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Grants charged tears which when fully charged fires a tight burst of four.
- Releasing all fire keys while not completely charged shoots 0-3 tears in a tight burst dependent on how long Isaac charged.
- Taking damage while charging will teleport Isaac into another room.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Getting hit while holding a full charge does not teleport Isaac.
- This item can be counterproductive, especially while fighting bosses, as getting hit while charging a shot will reset the fight.
- The teleporting and chargeup effects do not apply to Lilith. Her Incubus will fire three projectiles with each shot without needing to charge, making this a very easy way of tripling her damage output with no downside.
- The color of Isaac's cursed eye will indicate what state it currently is in:
- White: Inactive
- Black: Charging up
- Flashing black and white: Fully charged
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Anti-Gravity-2 Tear Delay. Tears float in position until firing ceases, after which they will fly off in the direction they were shot in.: Only stat changes from Anti-Gravity applies, as releasing a tear fire button also releases the Anti-Gravity Effect.
- Azazel/ BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: No Cursed Eye effect except cosmetic.
- If you have an item that adds tears to your Brimstone, like Ipecac, the Cursed Eye effects will apply while charging the item.
- Blood ClotIncreases damage by 1 and range by 5 for tears fired from the left eye./ Chemical PeelTears fired from left eye do increased damage.: Applies the extra tear effects on a random 50% of the tears fire, as if the user was Cain.
- Chocolate MilkGrants charged tears that deal greater damage when fully charged.: Charged tear is followed by up to 3 minimum power ones, depending on Cursed Eye's charge.
- DiplopiaDuplicates all pickups and item pedestals in the room.: No effect.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired.: No Cursed Eye effect.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: No Cursed Eye effect.
- The Forgotten: The skeleton form's charge attack becomes a rapid barrage of hits; the amount depends on how full the charge is, up to 4. Taking damage while the charge isn't full will result in teleportation.
- Keeper: Allows him to fire up to 12 tears.
- Kidney StoneRandomly while firing tears, Isaac will stop firing and turn red, where he will charge and release a lot of 'tears' in one go. In the burst of tears is a kidney stone which deals a lot of damage.: Only fires one stone and minimally charges tears for tear barrage, only firing one tear at a time.
- Loki's HornsGives a random chance for projectiles to fire in all 4 cardinal directions.: Occasionally, one tear fired from other cardinal directions. At high luck, Cursed Eye effect applies in other cardinal directions.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: No Cursed Eye effect.
- Mom's EyeAllows Isaac to fire tears from the back of his head.: Occasionally, one tear fired from behind Isaac. At high luck, Cursed Eye effect applies to tears behind Isaac.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: No Cursed Eye effect.
- Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: No Cursed Eye effect.
- Sad Bombs+5 Bombs. Upon exploding, bombs shoot 8 tears off in every direction, similar to Tammy's Head. The tears are affected by any tear modifiers Isaac has on his own tears.: No Cursed Eye effect.
- The Sad OnionIncreases Tears by 0.7.: Color of Cursed Eye reverts to normal - no indication of charge.
- : Fire rate is increased, otherwise works as normal.
- ScapularOnce per room, when Isaac is reduced to his last half red Heart, the aura around his head temporarily vanishes and he is granted one Soul Heart.: Can be used to infinitely teleport.
- Soy MilkTears shrink and do much less damage, but fire in very rapid succession.: Bursts charge nearly instantly, requiring the fire keys to be rapidly pressed.
- SprinklerUpon use, spawns a sprinkler that rotates and fires tears.: No Cursed Eye effect.
- Tammy's HeadShoots 10 tears in a circle around Isaac, which retain the damage, shot speed, and special effects (such as poison) of Isaac's tears.: No Cursed Eye effect.
- Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.: No Cursed Eye effect.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: No Cursed Eye effect.
- Technology ZeroConnects Isaac's tears with electricity that can damage enemies.: Tears are connected by electricity but fire too close to be apparent most of the time.
- TrisagionTears are replaced with piercing white blasts of light.: Bursts of tears almost completely overlap.
- The WizTears simultaneously fire out of both eyes diagonally, similar to the effect of the R U A Wizard? pill. Isaac's tears also travel above all obstacles.: Fires two sets of four tears diagonally outwards.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- 20/20Grants double shot./ The Inner EyeGrants triple shot but decreases tears./ Mutant SpiderGrants quadruple shot but decreases tears.: Doubles, triples, or quadruples amount of tears fired.
- Angelic PrismGrants a prism orbital with a large orbital radius. Tears that pass through the prism split into four multi-colored tears.: Tears will still be quadrupled when passing through the prism; when fully charged, 16 tears are fired.
- Black CandlePrevents curses. Grants one black heart. Increases the chance for a Devil or angel room to appear.: Teleport effect is removed.
- Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle./ Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's./ The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.: All tears split into burst tears.
- EuthanasiaAdds a chance to fire needles. If a needle kills an enemy, it bursts into more needles.: Each tear has an independent chance to become a needle.
- Evil EyeWhile firing tears, Isaac has a chance to fire an eye across the screen with a very slow shot speed, which will fire tears of its own in the same direction as Isaac. The eye will be destroyed if it comes into contact with an enemy or obstacle.: Occasionally fires eyes that can fire tears with Cursed Eye effect.
- IncubusA demonic familiar that follows Isaac and shoots tears identical to Isaac's in terms of damage, range, fire rate, and effects.: Incubus fires 3 tears for each one that normally would be fired, with no change in delay.
- The Lost: Since getting hit would instantly kill the Lost anyway, the teleporter effect is null.
- MarkedIsaac will now fire tears automatically directed at a red target on the ground which is controlled by the player. This allows for a full 360 degree tear firing radius. Can be overridden by other tear modifiers such as Mom's Knife or Brimstone.: Tears can't be charged anymore, but firing rate is greatly increased without affecting the tears stat, even beyond normal maximum fire rate. The teleport effect is removed.
- Technology 2Decreases damage and replaces right eye tears with a unlimited range, piercing laser which fires continuously.: Laser fires while charging Cursed Eye. Tear Delay for the charge is unaffected by Tech 2. Allows Cain to fire normal tears.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item may be a reference to Edgar Allan Poe's "The Tell Tale Heart" where the narrator talks about murdering an old man because of his "evil eye", which is described to look like The Cursed Eye.
- When Keeper charges up his shots his eye turns into a dollar sign.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Bug! In Greed Mode, taking red heart damage while charging will decrease the displayed Devil Room chance on the Found HUD to 0%. It returns to 100% if the button is pressed again.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
ZE1J 3XQC (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
70CF RBVB (First floor treasure room)
YXVB 83G4 (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
References[edit | edit source]
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|