(page 3, column 11, row 4)
(page 4, column 1, row 2)
The Cursed Eye is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Grants charged tears which when fully charged fires a tight burst of four.
- Releasing all fire keys while not completely charged shoots 0-3 tears in a tight burst dependent on how long Isaac charged.
- Taking damage while charging will teleport Isaac into another room.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Getting hit while holding a full charge does not teleport Isaac.
- This item can be counterproductive, especially while fighting bosses, as getting hit while charging a shot will reset the fight.
- The teleporting and charge-up effects do not apply to Lilith. Her Incubus will fire three projectiles with each shot without needing to charge, making this a very easy way of tripling her damage output with no downside.
- The color of Isaac's cursed eye will indicate what state it currently is in:
- White: Inactive
- Black: Charging up
- Flashing black and white: Fully charged
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Angelic Prism: Tears will still be quadrupled when passing through the prism; when fully charged, 16 tears are fired.
- Black Candle: Teleport effect is removed.
- Compound Fracture/ Cricket's Body/ The Parasite: All tears split into burst tears.
- Evil Eye: Occasionally fires eyes that can fire tears with Cursed Eye effect.
- Holy Mantle: Losing Holy Mantle while charging Cursed Eye will not teleport Isaac.
- Incubus: Incubus fires 3 tears for each one that normally would be fired, with no change in delay.
- Marked: Tears can no longer be charged, but the firing rate is greatly increased without affecting the tears stat, even beyond normal maximum fire rate. The teleport effect is removed.
- Technology 2: Laser fires while charging Cursed Eye. Tear delay for the charge is unaffected by Tech 2. Allows Cain to fire normal tears.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Anti-Gravity: Only stat changes from Anti-Gravity applies, as releasing a tear fire button also releases the Anti-Gravity Effect.
- Azazel: No effect.
- Chocolate Milk: Charged tear is followed by up to 3 minimum power ones, depending on Cursed Eye's charge.
- Diplopia: No effect.
- Dr. Fetus: No Cursed Eye effect.
- Epic Fetus: No Cursed Eye effect.
- The Forgotten: The skeleton form's charge attack becomes a rapid barrage of hits; the amount depends on how full the charge is, up to 4.
- Loki's Horns/ Mom's Eye: Occasionally, one tear fired from other cardinal directions. At high luck, the Cursed Eye effect applies in other cardinal directions.
- The Ludovico Technique: No Cursed Eye effect.
- Mom's Knife: No Cursed Eye effect.
- Monstro's Lung: No Cursed Eye effect.
- Sprinkler: No Cursed Eye effect.
- Tech X: No Cursed Eye effect.
- Technology: No Cursed Eye effect.
- Technology Zero: Tears are connected by electricity but fire too close to be apparent most of the time.
- Trisagion: Bursts of tears almost completely overlap.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item may be a reference to Edgar Allan Poe's "The Tell-Tale Heart" where the narrator talks about murdering an old man because of his "evil eye", which is described to look like The Cursed Eye.
- When Keeper charges up his shots his eye turns into a dollar sign.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
ZE1J 3XQC (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
70CF RBVB (First floor Treasure Room)
YXVB 83G4 (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
0TXT F38C (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Bug! In Greed mode, taking Red Heart damage while charging will decrease the displayed Devil Room chance on the Found HUD to 0%. It returns to 100% if the button is pressed again.
References[edit | edit source]
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|