From Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Wiki
The Cursed Eye is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Grants charged tears which when fully charged fires a tight burst of four.
- Releasing all fire keys while not completely charged shoots 0-3 tears in a tight burst dependent on how long Isaac charged.
- Taking damage while charging will teleport Isaac into another room.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Getting hit while holding a full charge does not teleport Isaac.
- This item can be counterproductive, especially while fighting bosses, as getting hit while charging a shot will reset the fight.
- The teleporting and chargeup effects do not apply to Lilith. Her Incubus will fire three projectiles with each shot without needing to charge, making this a very easy way of tripling her damage output with no downside.
- The color of Isaac's cursed eye will indicate what state it currently is in:
- White: Inactive
- Black: Charging up
- Flashing black and white: Fully charged
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Anti-Gravity: Only stat changes from Anti-Gravity applies, as releasing a tear fire button also releases the Anti-Gravity Effect.
- Blood Clot/ Chemical Peel: Applies the extra tear effects on a random 50% of the tears fire, as if the user was Cain.
- Brimstone: No Cursed Eye effects.
- Chocolate Milk: Charged tear is followed by up to 3 minimum power ones, depending on Cursed Eye's charge.
- Dr. Fetus: No Cursed Eye effect.
- Epic Fetus: No Cursed Eye effect.
- The Ludovico Technique: No Cursed Eye effect.
- Mom's Knife: No Cursed Eye effect.
- Monstro's Lung: No Cursed Eye effect.
- The Sad Onion: Color of Cursed Eye reverts to normal - no indication of charge.
- Scapular: Can be used to infinitely teleport.
- Tech X: No Cursed Eye effect.
- Technology: No Cursed Eye effect.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Black Candle: Teleport effect is removed.
- Incubus: Incubus fires 3 tears for each one that normally would be fired, with no change in delay.
- The Inner Eye: Fires four sets of three shots.
- Keeper: Fires four sets of three shots.
- The Lost: Since getting hit would instantly kill the Lost anyway, the teleporter effect is null.
- Marked: Tears can't be charged anymore, but firing rate is greatly increased without affecting the tears stat, even beyond normal maximum fire rate. The teleport effect is removed.
- Mutant Spider: Fires four sets of four shots.
- Technology 2: Laser fires while charging Cursed Eye. Tear Delay for the charge is unaffected by Tech 2. Allows Cain to fire normal tears.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item may be a reference to Edgar Allan Poe's "The Tell Tale Heart" where the narrator talks about murdering an old man because of his "evil eye", which is described to look like The Cursed Eye.
- When Keeper charges up his shots his eye turns into a dollar sign.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Bug! In Greed Mode, taking red heart damage while charging will decrease the displayed Devil Room chance on the Found HUD to 0%. It returns to 100% if the button is pressed again.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
ZE1J 3XQC (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
70CF RBVB (First floor treasure room)
YXVB 83G4 (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
References[edit | edit source]
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|