|(page 3, column 19, row 2)|
|Blow up 30 arcade machinesThe D4|
The D4 is an unlockable activated item.
Effect[edit | edit source]
- Upon use, re-rolls each of Isaac's passive items into new ones.
- The new items will be drawn from the Treasure Room item pool.
- Each new item will be drawn from the specific item pool where the item it replaces was acquired.
- If the item has no pool (gained as a starting item, fixed drops such as a Blood Bag from a Blood Donation Machine or The Virus from Lust, or gained via the debug console), the Treasure Room pool is used.
- Sometimes the reroll will change an item's pool to something else Isaac has, possibly resulting in a proliferation of a certain pool.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The D4 does not re-roll Dead Cat, Halo of Flies, Key Piece 1, Key Piece 2, Missing No., The Polaroid, The Negative, or TonsilWhen hit, there is a small chance a removed tonsil familiar starts following Isaac, blocking enemy shots..
- The D4 does not remove Azazel's Brimstone laser.
- The D4 does not remove Lilith's starting Incubus.
- Items that grant pickups (like Pyro or A Dollar) do not remove their bonuses when rerolled.
- Sometimes using the D4 will grant several items from the Devil/Angel pool, even if the player didn't have any Devil/Angel items previously.
- The D4 does not remove gained hearts from health up items.
- If Isaac has a transformation, its effects will not be lost upon re-rolling.
- The D4 can grant items that have not yet been unlocked.
- The items gained by the D4 count towards the Collection Page.
- If it is unlocked, The Lost starts with this item along with Spectral Tears. Using it will reroll Holy Mantle but will not reroll the Spectral Tears.
- Every Cube of Meat produced using Potato Peeler count as an item for rerolling to the D4. Because health usually is not removed in rerolling items this is useful to increase the number of items at the expense of the item pool.
- Multiple copies of the same item (as generated by Diplopia, cheating, or gathering them from multiple item pools (e.g. Steam Sale from both the Shop and Greed), while not present in duplicate on the pause screen, will each be rerolled into a different item.
- There is a small chance that D4 will not reroll every item.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The image of the D4 that appears on activation is incorrect; it shows the numbers 9, 7, and 8 on the right face of the dice, when it should depict numbers consistent with the left face (i.e. 1 at the top, 3 at the front, and 4 at the right).
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Previously held passive items are not removed, just disabled. As such, using the D4 too often will exhaust every single passive item in the Treasure Room item pool, causing items rerolled by D4 to become Breakfast. Treasure Rooms themselves may still contain active items, however.
- Previously held items are not removed from the pause menu, which makes it difficult to determine which items Isaac currently has.
- This bug was fixed in Afterbirth.
- When D4 is used with a co-op baby present, the baby's sprite will turn into a glitched sprite of Isaac.
- When the D4 has rerolled through all items it will eventually remove all of them upon use.
- If Tech.5 is fired while D4 is used, the laser will appear to continue firing for the rest of the room.
- If you reroll Schoolbag you will keep both active items but if you pick up a new active item it will swap with the one currently selected and the other will disappear.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
89EX S9KG (Treasure room south of spawn)
7VC9 TRMS (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
ZDA0 CMV4 (First Treasure Room)
||D4||The D6|| D7
||D20||D100|| D Infinity|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|