The D4 is an unlockable activated item.
Effect[edit | edit source]
- Upon use, re-rolls each of Isaac's passive items into new ones.
- The new items will be drawn from the Treasure Room item pool.
- Each new item will be drawn from the specific item pool where the item it replaces was acquired.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The D4 does not re-roll Dead CatSets the amount of red heart containers to 1, but gives Isaac 9 extra lives. After dying, Isaac is teleported to the last safe room. New heart containers can be obtained after picking up this item, but after each death, the number of heart containers is set to 1 again., Halo of FliesSpawns two pretty fly familiars that block enemy shots and deal contact damage to enemies., Key Piece 1Combined with Key Piece 2, unlocks the golden gate in the starting room of The Chest and Dark Room to fight Mega Satan., Key Piece 2Combined with Key Piece 1, unlocks the golden gate in the starting room of The Chest and Dark Room to fight Mega Satan., Missing No.Randomizes all passive items upon pickup and at the start of each succeeding floor., The PolaroidIf the character has half a red heart or no red hearts after taking damage, it triggers the Book Of Shadows effect, creating a shield that nullifies all types of damage for 5 seconds. Also allows entrance into The Chest., The NegativeIf the character has half a red heart or no red hearts after taking damage, it triggers The Necronomicon effect, damaging all enemies in the room. Also allows entrance into the Dark Room., or TonsilWhen hit, there is a small chance a removed tonsil familiar starts following Isaac, blocking enemy shots..
- The D4 does not remove Azazel's Brimstone laser.
- The D4 does not remove Lilith's starting IncubusA demonic familiar that follows Isaac and shoots tears identical to Isaac's in terms of damage, range, fire rate, and effects..
- Items that grant pickups (like PyroAdds 99 bombs. or A DollarGives Isaac 99 coins. Can be found multiple times in a single playthrough.) do not remove their bonuses when rerolled.
- Sometimes using the D4 will grant several items from the Devil/Angel pool, despite the fact that the player didn't have any Devil/Angel items previously.
- The D4 does not remove gained hearts from health up items.
- If Isaac has a transformation, its effects will not be lost upon re-rolling.
- The D4 can grant items that have not yet been unlocked.
- The items gained by the D4 count towards the Collection Page.
- If it is unlocked, The Lost starts with this item along with Spectral Tears. Using it will reroll Holy MantleAutomatically negates first taken damage in every room. but will not reroll the Spectral Tears.
- Multiple copies of the same item (as generated by DiplopiaDuplicates all pickups and item pedestals in the room., cheating, or gathering them from multiple item pools (e.g. Steam SaleReduces all Shop prices by 50%, rounded down to 7 coins for an item, rounded up to 2-3 coins for a pickup. from both the Shop and Greed), while not present in duplicate on the pause screen, will each be rerolled into a different item.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The image of the D4 that appears on activation is incorrect; it shows the numbers 9, 7, and 8 on the right face of the dice, when it should depict numbers consistent with the left face (i.e. 1 at the top, 3 at the front, and 4 at the right).
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Previously held passive items are not removed, just disabled. As such, using the D4 too often will exhaust every single passive item in the Treasure Room item pool, causing items rerolled by D4 to become Breakfast. Treasure Rooms themselves may still contain active items, however.
- Previously held items are not removed from the pause menu, which makes it difficult to determine which items Isaac currently has.
- This bug was fixed in Afterbirth.
- When D4 is used with a co-op baby present, the baby's sprite will turn into a glitched sprite of Isaac.
- When the D4 has rerolled through all items it will eventually remove all of them upon use.
- If Tech.5 is fired while D4 is used, the laser will appear to continue firing for the rest of the room.
- If you reroll Schoolbag you will keep both active items but if you pick up a new active item it will swap with the one currently selected and the other will disappear.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
N64W DZPF (Treasure room adjacent to spawn) (Normal mode only)
F4BR 0P86 (Treasure room adjacent to spawn) (Hard mode only)
89EX S9KG (Treasure room south of spawn)
7VC9 TRMS (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
| D1Duplicates a random pickup in the room.
||D4Rerolls all of Isaac's items.||The D6Allows Isaac to re-roll collectible items in the current room into other items, depending on the current room's Item Pool.|| D7Restarts the current room and brings back all enemies, allowing more rewards to be acquired by completing the room.
|| D8Re-rolls Isaac's speed, range, tears, and damage.
||D10Rerolls the enemies in a room. Only rerolls enemies that are still alive (does not spawn new enemies).|| D12Re-rolls all rocks in the current room into other random objects, such as bomb rocks, metal blocks, TNT, or poops.
||D20Rerolls all pickups in the current room.||D100Upon use, rerolls all passive items on Isaac like the D4, every pedestal item in the room like The D6, and every pickup like the D20.|| D InfinityGrants a random dice item that changes each use.|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|