The D4 is an unlockable activated item.
Effect[edit | edit source]
- Upon use, re-rolls each of Isaac's passive items into new ones.
- The new items will be drawn from the Treasure Room item pool.
- The game attempts to match the new item to the pool where the item it replaces was acquired but this is glitched, see the Bugs section.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- An item re-rolled away from Isaac does not return to circulation and can't be encountered again.
- The D4 does not re-roll Dead Cat, Halo of Flies, Key Piece 1, Key Piece 2, Missing No., The Polaroid, The Negative, or Tonsil.
- The D4 does not remove Azazel's Brimstone laser.
- The D4 does not remove Lilith's starting Incubus.
- Items that grant pickups (like Pyro or A Dollar) do not remove their bonuses when rerolled.
- The D4 does not remove gained hearts from health up items.
- If Isaac has a transformation, its effects will not be lost upon re-rolling.
- The D4 can grant items that have not yet been unlocked.
- The items gained by the D4 count towards the collection page.
- If it is unlocked, The Lost starts with this item along with spectral tears and flight. Using it will reroll Holy Mantle but will not reroll the spectral tears and the flight effect.
- Every Cube of Meat produced using Potato Peeler count as an item for rerolling to the D4. Because health usually is not removed in rerolling items this is useful to increase the number of items at the expense of the item pool.
- Multiple copies of the same item (as generated by Diplopia, cheating, or gathering them from multiple item pools (e.g. Steam Sale from both the Shop and Greed), while not present in duplicate on the pause screen, will each be rerolled into a different item.
- There is a small chance that D4 will not reroll every item: the game makes a number of attempts to reroll each item, but if they all fail to produce a new item that is available and applicable, the original remains unchanged.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The image of the D4 that appears on activation is incorrect; it shows the numbers 9, 7, and 8 on the right face of the dice, when it should depict numbers consistent with the left face (i.e. 1 at the top, 3 at the front, and 4 at the right).
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Bug! Previously held items are not removed from the pause menu, which makes it difficult to determine which items Isaac currently has.
Bug! When D4 is used with a co-op baby present, the baby's sprite will turn into a glitched sprite of Isaac.
Bug! If Tech.5 is fired while D4 is used, the laser will appear to continue firing for the rest of the room.
Bug! If you reroll Schoolbag you will keep both active items but if you pick up a new active item it will swap with the one currently selected and the other will disappear.
Bug! The way the originating pools for items are tracked is bugged in two ways, making it possible for items to reroll into different pools.
- An item picked up is assigned the pool of the most recently generated item; usually this has correct results but a difference can be seen, for instance, by killing a boss, entering a Devil Deal that has items and collecting the boss reward after seeing the Devil items. The boss item will be rerolled to a Devil pool item with D4.
- Items that are rerolled are assigned the pool of the item with the highest item ID. This means one reroll with the D4 will probably go as expected, but further rerolls will be proliferated by items from the pool that had the highest ID before the first reroll.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
89EX S9KG (Treasure Room south of spawn)
7VC9 TRMS (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
ZDA0 CMV4 (First Treasure Room)
||D4||The D6|| D7
||D20||D100|| D Infinity|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|