The Daily Challenge (or Daily Run) is a unique run generated every day. Daily Challenges were introduced in The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth. Daily Challenges start the player off with a specific character, seed, end stage, and set of starting items. The player is scored and placed on a global leaderboard after ending the run. The run can only be played once per day, but an unscored practice run is unlocked afterwards, which is identical to the Daily Run but can be played multiple times. Unlike regular runs, exiting the Daily Run will end it and disallow further progress.
Scoring[edit | edit source]
Score plays a bigger role in Daily Challenges, as the player is ranked in the leaderboards by their score. Having a strategy that accounts for how score is handled is important in achieving an optimal score.
The final score is divided in several bonus and a few penalties:
- Stage bonus: the amount of points earned for reaching a set of floors
- Exploration bonus: points awarded for exploring and clearing rooms or events
- Schwag bonus: points earned for collecting pickups
- Rush bonus: awarded for clearing Boss Rush or Hush
- ??? or Lamb bonus: awarded for killing ??? or The Lamb
- Mega Satan bonus: awarded for killing Mega Satan
- Damage penalty: points lost for taking damage
- Time penalty: points lost for spending time
- Item penalty: points lost for picking up items (actives and passives)
Below is a list of all the starting points for each character.
|Isaac (with D6)||Starts with 627|
|Magdalene||Starts with 644|
|Cain||Starts with 594|
|Judas||Starts with 568|
|???||Starts with 560|
|Eve||Starts with 566|
|Samson||Starts with 610|
|Azazel||Starts with 600|
|Lazarus||Starts with 630|
|Eden||Depends on starting items.|
|The Lost||Starts with 526|
|Lilith||Starts with 594|
|Keeper||Starts with 610|
|Apollyon||Starts with 577|
Curated daily runs[edit | edit source]
Currently, the game has 52 curated daily runs a year. Each curated daily run offers a different challenge, some quirks and some restrictions. The list of the disclosed daily runs can be seen here.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- All unlockables are unlocked during Daily Challenges.
- Daily runs cannot be played if mods are active.
- Achievements are disabled during Daily Challenges.
Unlockable Achievements[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- On December 6, every year, Isaac is reskinned as former Nintendo president Satoru Iwata as tribute. December 6 was also Iwata's birthday. He has the same stats as Isaac, but starts with The Gamekid and Cartridge.
- Gaining access to The Void and killing Delirium counts as a won daily run, but it seems that no points are directly (floor bonus) earned for killing it. However, it has effects on item penalty, as well as giving extra exploration bonus.