Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
Dark Matter is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- +1 Damage.
- Adds a chance to shoot fear tears, causing enemies to run away from Isaac.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Fear tear effect depends on the Luck stat, and goes up to 100% at 20 Luck.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: Laser applies fear to enemies more consistently due to its tick rate.
- Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle./ Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's./ The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.: Chance for tears and split tears to cause fear. If the main tear causes fear, the split tears cause fear too.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired./ Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Explosions can cause fear, provided the enemy survives.
- HaemolacriaTears are now fired in an arc. Upon hitting the floor, an obstacle, or an enemy, they burst into many smaller tears in all directions. Increases tear delay.: Tear appearance stays the same; only the main tear can cause fear.
- LachryphagyIsaac's tears decelerate as they travel. Upon stopping or hitting an obstacle, they burst into 8 tears in all directions. Tears can be fired into other tears to feed them, increasing their damage.: If a fear tear is fed, all burst tears cause fear. If a normal tear is fed, the burst tears cannot cause fear.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: Tear appearance occasionally changes and then can cause fear.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is used in Challenge #4 (Darkness Falls).
Seeds[edit | edit source]
J0EH 8ZKW (first Devil Room spawn)
ZX0S SJV7 (second Devil Room spawn)
6NRH TE08(Second Floor Devil Deal)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|