Dark Matter is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- +1 Damage.
- Adds a chance to shoot fear tears, causing enemies to run away from Isaac.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Fear tear effect depends on the Luck stat, and goes up to 100% at 20 Luck.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: Laser applies fear to enemies more consistently due to its tick rate.
- Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle./ Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's./ The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.: Chance for tears and split tears to cause fear. If the main tear causes fear, the split tears cause fear too.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide a fixed range after being fired./ Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Explosions can cause fear, provided the enemy survives.
- HaemolacriaTears are now fired in an arc. Upon hitting the floor, an obstacle, or an enemy, they burst into many smaller tears in all directions. Increases tear delay.: Tear appearance stays the same; only the main tear can cause fear.
- LachryphagyIsaac's tears decelerate as they travel. Upon stopping or hitting an obstacle, they burst into 8 tears in all directions. Tears can be fired into other tears to feed them, increasing their damage.: If a fear tear is fed, all burst tears cause fear. If a normal tear is fed, the burst tears cannot cause fear.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: Tear appearance occasionally changes and then can cause fear.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is used in Challenge #4 (Darkness Falls).
Seeds[edit | edit source]
J0EH 8ZKW (first Devil Room spawn)
ZX0S SJV7 (second Devil Room spawn)
6NRH TE08(Second Floor Devil Deal)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|