Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
Effects[edit | edit source]
- For the current room, rotates every enemy and pickup 90 degrees and moves its sprite up and left.
- Enemy hitboxes remain the same.
- Increases one of Isaac's stats and decreases another. Possible stat changes include:
- Adds random tear effects for the current room.
- Distorts the music for the current room.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The item name and description are a reference to the dataminers who discovered the secret of The Lost within 109 hours of Rebirth's release.
- The item and its pickaxe icon are a play on words on the term data mining, used in the context of gaming communities as extracting data from the game files.
- The item's sprite is a recolor of the Notched Axe.
- If used during the Mom fight, you will be able to see a normally hidden part of the leg sprite revealing a blue skirt with yellow polka dots.
- If Dataminer is used right before travelling to the next floor, the music for the transition screen will be affected by it.
- Also affects the music during the Game Over screen (Isaac's last will), if activated before death.
- In a Q&A from Twitter, Edmund McMillen considered Dataminer to be the worst item in The Binding of Isaac.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|