| 4 rooms|
|(page 4, column 16, line 6)
Dataminer is an activated item added in Afterbirth †.
- For the current room, rotates every enemy and pickup 90 degrees and moves its sprite up and left.
- Enemy hitboxes remain the same.
- Increases one of Isaac's stats and decreases another. Possible stat changes include:
- Adds random tear effects for the current room.
- Speeds up or slows down the music for the current room.
- The item name and description are a reference to the dataminers who discovered the secret of The Lost within 109 hours of Rebirth's release.
- The item and its pickaxe icon are a play on words on the term data mining, used in the context of gaming communities as extracting data from the game files.
- The item's sprite is a recolor of the Notched Axe.
- If used during the Mom fight, you will be able to see a normally hidden part of the leg sprite revealing a blue skirt with yellow polka dots.
- If Dataminer is used right before traveling to the next floor, the music for the transition screen will be affected by it.
- If the player uses Afterbirth+'s Debug Console and types in "spawn 109" it will crash the player's game.