Effects[edit | edit source]
- For the current room, rotates every enemy and pickup 90 degrees and moves its sprite up and left.
- Enemy hitboxes remain the same.
- Increases one of Isaac's stats and decreases another. Possible stat changes include:
- Adds random tear effects for the current room.
- Distorts the music for the current room.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The item name and description are a reference to the dataminers who discovered the secret of The Lost within 109 hours of Rebirth's release.
- The item and its pickaxe icon are a play on words on the term data mining, used in the context of gaming communities as extracting data from the game files.
- The item's sprite is a recolor of the Notched AxeIsaac holds the axe above his head for as long as the spacebar button is held (or until he leaves the room). While holding the axe, Isaac can break any rock he touches, but cannot attack or pick up other items..
- If used during the Mom fight, you will be able to see a normally hidden part of the leg sprite revealing a blue skirt with yellow polka dots.
- If Dataminer is used right before traveling to the next floor, the music for the transition screen will be affected by it.
- In a Q&A from Twitter, Edmund McMillen considered Dataminer to be the worst item in the Binding of Isaac.
- Broken ModemEnemies, enemy shots, tears, and pickups will briefly freeze in place at random intervals.
- DataminerDisplaces enemy sprites for the current room, randomly increases one stat and decreases another.
- GB BugA glitch familiar that bounces around the room and applies a random status effect to any enemies it comes into contact with and has a chance to re-roll pickups that it passes over.
- Missing No.Randomizes all passive items upon pickup and at the start of each succeeding floor.
- UndefinedTeleports Isaac to either the Secret Room, Super Secret Room, Treasure Room, or I AM ERROR.
- ErrorGives a random trinket effect each room.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|