Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Isaac's damage increases for each successive tear hit on enemies.
- The multiplier increases by 0.25x for each hit, going up to a maximum of 2x after 4 successive hits.
- If a tear misses and hits nothing (wall/floor), there is a chance for the multiplier to be reset back to 1.
- The chance is 20% for the first miss, 33% for the second miss, and 50% for the third miss and beyond.
- As the multiplier increases, Isaac's tears glow red and increase in size.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The effect is triggered by many entities aside from enemies. Shooting Fire Places, Wall Huggers and Stone Grimaces will count towards the multiplier. This can be used to preemptively increase damage before entering a new room.
- If Dead Eye is removed by re-rolling it with D4, D100, or a 1 or 6 pip Dice Room, the damage multiplier will be removed but the tears will continue to glow red.
- Tears do not have to be landed on only one enemy to build the multiplier; as long as they do not miss, Isaac gains damage.
- If Isaac is shooting multiple tears at once, like with Mutant Spider, only one of them has to land for the multiplier to build up.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- 20/20/ The Inner Eye/ Mutant Spider: If all tears hit, they both contribute to the damage multiplier.
- Brimstone: The damage multiplier that was gained before picking up this item will now be a permanent damage up.
- Cricket's Body/ The Parasite: Split tears that do not hit enemies are considered misses, nearly guaranteeing the chance of losing the multiplier.
- Dr. Fetus: The damage multiplier that was gained before picking up this item will now be a permanent damage up.
- Epic Fetus: The damage multiplier that was gained before picking up this item will now be a permanent damage up.
- The Forgotten: The Forgotten's swing increases the multiplier when successfully hitting enemies, resets the multiplier upon swinging and missing. The multiplier changes normally when firing tears as The Soul, and the two forms share the same multiplier.
- Host Hat: Tears fired by the Host are affected by Dead Eye.
- Incubus: Incubus's tears do not affect the multiplier, but Incubus can gain damage from Isaac's normal tears increasing the multiplier. The familiar's tears do not reset the multiplier if they miss, either. Lilith's Incubus doesn't work with Dead Eye.
- Jacob's Ladder: Electricity sparks do not contribute to damage multiplier.
- Isaac's Tears: If the tears fired by Isaac's tears miss, they cause the multiplier to reset.
- Marked: Damage buff often lost quickly because of the constantly firing tears.
- Mom's Knife: The damage multiplier that was gained before picking up this item will now be a permanent damage up.
- Piercing tears: Damage buff is halved, .125x, reaching the 2x multiplier with 8 successive hits.
- Rubber Cement: Tears that hit enemies may bounce off and still count as misses.
- Sad Bombs: Tears spawned by sad bombs that miss will reset the multiplier.
- Technology: The damage multiplier that was gained before picking up this item will now be a permanent damage up.
- Technology 2: No effect from the laser itself, but the tears fired from the second eye are affected by Dead Eye.
- Tech X: Tech X overrides the effects of Dead Eye and damage stays at the 2x multiplier.
- Technology Zero: Electricity connecting tears while not increase damage multiplier.
- Trisagion: No effect.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Compound Fracture/ Haemolacria/ Lachryphagy: Main tears and burst tears will contribute to damage multiplier.
- The Ludovico Technique: Damage bonus increases until it hits the max of 2x. Since the controllable tear never hits the ground or wall, the bonus cannot be lost.
- Petrification/Slow items: Enemies will be petrified or slowed, making them easier to hit without missing.
- Proptosis: Tears are larger and easier to hit with at a low range. Additionally, if the tear fades out of existence instead of running out of range, it does not count as a miss.
- Tiny Planet: Isaac's tears no longer hit walls and stay in the air for longer, allowing many damage-amplified tears to be fired before the damage boost is lost.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Seeds[edit | edit source]
CH4M DY4E (First floor Treasure Room)
NHFE MG4E (First floor Treasure Room)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|