Effects[edit | edit source]
- Isaac's damage increases for each successive tear hit on enemies.
- The multiplier increases by 0.25x for each hit, going up to a maximum of 2x after 4 successive hits.
- If a tear misses and hits nothing (wall/floor), there is a chance for the multiplier to be reset back to 1.
- The chance is 20% for the first miss, 33% for the second miss, and 50% for the third miss and beyond.
- As the multiplier increases, Isaac's tears glow red and increase in size.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The effect is triggered by many entities aside from enemies. Shooting flames, moving spikes and Stone Grimaces will count towards the multiplier. This can be used to preemptively increase damage before entering a new room.
- If Dead Eye is removed by re-rolling it with D4, D100, or a 1 or 6 pip Dice Room, the damage multiplier will be removed but the tears will continue to glow red.
- Tears do not have to be landed on only one enemy to build the multiplier; as long as they do not miss, Isaac gains damage.
- If Isaac is shooting multiple tears at once, like with Mutant Spider, only one of them has to land for the multiplier to build up.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- 20/20Grants double shot./ The Inner EyeGrants triple shot but decreases tears./ Mutant SpiderGrants quadruple shot but decreases tears.: If all tears hit, they both contribute to the damage multiplier.
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: The damage multiplier that was gained before picking up this item will now be a permanent damage up.
- Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's./ The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.: Split tears that do not hit enemies are considered misses, nearly guaranteeing losing the multiplier.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired.: The damage multiplier that was gained before picking up this item will now be a permanent damage up.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: The damage multiplier that was gained before picking up this item will now be a permanent damage up.
- The Forgotten: The Forgotten's swing increases the multiplier when successfully hitting enemies, resets the multiplier upon swinging and missing. The multiplier changes normally when firing tears as The Soul, and the two forms share the same multiplier.
- Host HatA host familiar that sits on Isaac's head and has a random chance to block enemy shots and retaliate with 3 tears. Grants immunity to explosions.: Tears fired by the Host are affected by Dead Eye.
- IncubusA demonic familiar that follows Isaac and shoots tears identical to Isaac's in terms of damage, range, fire rate, and effects.: Incubus's tears do not affect the multiplier, but Incubus can gain damage from Isaac's normal tears increasing the multiplier. The familiar's tears do not reset the multiplier if they miss, either. Lilith's Incubus doesn't work with Dead Eye.
- IncubusA demonic familiar that follows Isaac and shoots tears identical to Isaac's in terms of damage, range, fire rate, and effects. + Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: Tears fired by Incubus are now affected by Dead Eye.
- Jacob's LadderTears fire sparks of electricity in random directions upon hitting an obstacle or enemy.: Electricity sparks do not contribute to damage multiplier.
- Isaac's TearsShoots 8 tears around Isaac, which retain the damage, shot speed, and special effects of his tears. Each tear shot by Isaac increases item charge by one.: If the tears fired by Isaac's Tears miss, they cause the multiplier to reset.
- MarkedIsaac will now fire tears automatically directed at a red target on the ground which is controlled by the player. This allows for a full 360 degree tear firing radius. Can be overridden by other tear modifiers such as Mom's Knife or Brimstone.: Damage buff often lost quickly because of the constantly firing tears.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: The damage multiplier that was gained before picking up this item will now be a permanent damage up.
- Piercing Tears: Damage buff is halved, .125x, reaching the 2x multiplier with 8 successive hits.
- Rubber CementTears bounce off walls, enemies, and environmental objects.: Tears that hit enemies may bounce off and still count as misses.
- Sad Bombs+5 Bombs. Upon exploding, bombs shoot 8 tears off in every direction, similar to Tammy's Head. The tears are affected by any tear modifiers Isaac has on his own tears.: Tears spawned by sad bombs that miss will reset the multiplier.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: The damage multiplier that was gained before picking up this item will now be a permanent damage up.
- Technology 2Decreases damage and replaces right eye tears with a unlimited range, piercing laser which fires continuously.: No effect from the laser itself, but the tears fired from the second eye are affected by Dead Eye.
- Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.: Tech X overrides the effects of Dead Eye and damage stays at the 2x multiplier.
- Technology ZeroConnects Isaac's tears with electricity that can damage enemies.: Electricity connecting tears while not increase damage multiplier.
- TrisagionTears are replaced with piercing white blasts of light.: No effect.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle./ HaemolacriaTears are now fired in an arc. Upon hitting the floor, an obstacle, or an enemy, they burst into many smaller tears in all directions. Increases tear delay./ LachryphagyIsaac's tears decelerate as they travel. Upon stopping or hitting an obstacle, they burst into 8 tears in all directions. Tears can be fired into other tears to feed them, increasing their damage.: Main tears and burst tears will contribute to damage multiplier.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: Damage bonus increases until it hits the max of 2x. Since the controllable tear never hits the ground or wall, the bonus cannot be lost.
- Petrification/Slow items: Enemies will be petrified or slowed, making them easier to hit without missing.t
- ProptosisTears start out massive with high damage, and then shrink down and become weaker over a short range.: Tears are larger and easier to hit with at low range. Additionally, if the tear fades out of existence instead of running out of range, it does not count as a miss.
- Tiny PlanetRange up and makes shot tears revolve around Isaac until they drop.: Isaac's tears no longer hit walls and stay in the air for longer, allowing many damage amplified tears to be fired before the damage boost is lost.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Seeds[edit | edit source]
YVFS JR94 (treasure room adjacent to spawn) (both modes)
CH4M DY4E (first floor treasure room)
NHFE MG4E (First floor treasure room)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|