Effects[edit | edit source]
- Isaac's damage increases for each successive tear hit on enemies.
- The multiplier increases by 0.125x for each hit, going up to a maximum of 2x after 8 successive hits.
- If a tear misses and hits nothing (wall/floor), there is a chance for the multiplier to be reset back to 1.
- The chance is 20% for the first miss, 33% for the second miss, and 50% for the third miss and beyond.
- As the multiplier increases, Isaac's tears glow red and increase in size.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The effect is triggered by many entities aside from enemies. Shooting flames, moving spikes and Stone Grimaces will count towards the multiplier. This can be used to preemptively increase damage before entering a new room.
- If Dead Eye is removed by re-rolling it with D4, D100, or a 1 or 6 pip Dice Room, the damage multiplier will be removed but the tears will continue to glow red.
- Tears do not have to be landed on only one enemy to build the multiplier; as long as they do not miss, Isaac gains damage.
- If Isaac is shooting multiple tears at once, like with Mutant Spider, only one of them has to land for the multiplier to build up.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: No effect.
- Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's.: Split tears that do not hit enemies are considered misses, nearly guaranteeing losing the multiplier.
- The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.: Split tears that do not hit enemies are considered misses, nearly guaranteeing losing the multiplier.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: No effect.
- The Forgotten: The Forgotten's swing increases the multiplier when successfully hitting enemies, resets the multiplier upon swinging and missing. The multiplier changes normally when firing tears as The Soul, and the two forms share the same multiplier.
- Host HatA host familiar that sits on Isaac's head and has a random chance to block enemy shots and retaliate with 3 tears. Grants immunity to explosions.: Tears fired by the Host are affected by Dead Eye.
- IncubusA demonic familiar that follows Isaac and shoots tears identical to Isaac's in terms of damage, range, fire rate, and effects.: Incubus's tears do not affect the multiplier, but Incubus can gain damage from Isaac's normal tears increasing the multiplier. The familiar's tears do not reset the multiplier if they miss, either.
- IncubusA demonic familiar that follows Isaac and shoots tears identical to Isaac's in terms of damage, range, fire rate, and effects. + Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: Tears fired by Incubus are now affected by Dead Eye.
- Lilith: Because she cannot normally fire tears, Dead Eye has no effect.
- Lilith + The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: Lilith is able to control a tear and is able to gain the damage up from Dead Eye.
- Isaac's TearsShoots 8 tears around Isaac, which retain the damage, shot speed, and special effects of his tears. Each tear shot by Isaac increases item charge by one.: If the tears fired by Isaac's Tears miss, they cause the multiplier to reset.
- MarkedIsaac will now fire tears automatically directed at a red target on the ground which is controlled by the player. This allows for a full 360 degree tear firing radius. Can be overridden by other tear modifiers such as Mom's Knife or Brimstone.: Multiplier is gained even faster.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: No effect.
- Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: Isaac will shoot an inaccurate burst of tears, meaning many tears will miss and the damage boost will be reset frequently.
- Piercing Tears: Decreases damage increase when hitting enemies.
- Rubber CementTears bounce off walls, enemies, and environmental objects.: Tears that hit enemies may bounce off and still count as misses.
- Soy MilkTears shrink and do much less damage, but fire in very rapid succession.: Due to the extreme increased in rate of fire, building up the damage multiplier is faster but misses are much more frequent.
- Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.: Tech X overrides the effects of Dead Eye and damage stays at the 2x multiplier.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: No effect.
- Technology 2Decreases damage and replaces right eye tears with a unlimited range, piercing laser which fires continuously.: No effect from the laser itself, but the tears fired from the second eye are affected by Dead Eye.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- 20/20Grants double shot.: If both tears hit, they both contribute to the damage multiplier.
- Chocolate MilkGrants charged tears that deal greater damage when fully charged.: Charging tears makes it easier to avoid missing.
- Chocolate MilkGrants charged tears that deal greater damage when fully charged. + Technology 2Decreases damage and replaces right eye tears with a unlimited range, piercing laser which fires continuously.: Successfully hitting enemies with the Chocolate Milk shots will increase the damage of the Technology 2 laser.
- LibraGives 6 coins, 6 bombs, and 6 keys and balances out all attributes.: All of Isaac's stats increase for each successive tear hit on enemies.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: Damage bonus increases until it hits the max of 2x. Since the controllable tear never hits the ground or wall, the bonus cannot be lost.
- Petrification/Slow items: Enemies will be petrified or slowed, making them easier to hit without missing.
- PolyphemusMakes Isaac shoot one huge tear. Also reduces Tears to minimum. Damage increased . If tear does more damage than an enemy's life, the tear continues to travel with the extra remaining damage.: Isaac's tears become much larger, making it easier to avoid missing.
- ProptosisTears start out massive with high damage, and then shrink down and become weaker over a short range.: Tears are larger and easier to hit with at low range. Additionally, if the tear fades out of existence instead of running out of range, it does not count as a miss.
- Tiny PlanetRange up and makes shot tears revolve around Isaac until they drop.: Isaac's tears no longer hit walls and stay in the air for longer, allowing many damage amplified tears to be fired before the damage boost is lost
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The item is a reference to the Bullseye.
- Given that the bullseye appears over Isaac's right eye, this item is most likely a reference to the classic Deadeye character.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Seeds[edit | edit source]
YVFS JR94 (treasure room adjacent to spawn) (both modes)
CH4M DY4E (first floor treasure room)
NHFE MG4E (First floor treasure room)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|