Dead Onion is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Grants piercing and spectral tears.
- Increases tear size (without increasing damage).
- +0.25 Range.
- -0.4 Shot Speed.
- -0.5 Shot Height.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Although it says "Toxic aura tears", the tears do not do toxic/poison damage.
- Using Dead Onion in a Crawl Space will cause tears to fall through the floor.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- IncubusA demonic familiar that follows Isaac and shoots tears identical to Isaac's in terms of damage, range, fire rate, and effects.: Does not affect shot speed or tear size but still gives the piercing effect.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired.: Not recommended. Bombs are slow to fire and will pass through enemies, making it far more difficult to hit them with explosions.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Overrides Dead Onion, although stat effects apply.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: Not recommended. Tear moves very slowly making it hard to kill mobile enemies.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: Overrides Dead Onion.
- Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: Fires a barrage of large tears that disappear at close range. Spectral and piercing effect make it very effective at close range.
- My ReflectionGives Isaac's tears a boomerang effect, and increases range and shot speed.: Not recommended. Tears will travel a very short distance before they return to Isaac and eventually disappear.
- ProptosisTears start out massive with high damage, and then shrink down and become weaker over a short range.: Not recommended. While tears do massive damage at short range, it makes it a lot easier to be damaged by explosive enemies or enemies that do contact damage.
- Rubber CementTears bounce off walls, enemies, and environmental objects.: Edges of tears retain both piercing and spectral effects, however the center of the tear will lose them and bounce.
- Sulfuric AcidIncreases damage. Adds a chance to fire acidic tears which can destroy obstacles.: Not recommended. Acid Tears no longer impact objects and can no longer open secret rooms.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Seeds[edit | edit source]
1ERB 9HEH (treasure room adjacent to spawn)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|