Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
Dead Sea Scrolls
|(page 2, column 1, row 1)|
Dead Sea Scrolls is an activated Item.
Effect[edit | edit source]
- When used, a random activated item effect will be activated.
List of possible effects[edit | edit source]
- Anarchist CookbookSpawns six troll bombs around the room.
- Bob's Rotten HeadUpon use, Isaac holds a poison bomb which can be thrown towards any of the four cardinal points and explodes on impact.
- The Book of BelialUpon use increases damage by 2 for the current room and by a further +50% if the character also has the Blood of the Martyr.
Removed in Afterbirth Guarantees a Devil Room or Angel Room will be open after beating a boss while holding it, or Added in Afterbirth increases the chance by 12.5%.
- Book of RevelationsAdds 1 soul heart, increases the chance for a Devil or Angel Room to appear, and increases the chance for the next boss to be a Horseman (except on XL floors and floors with fixed bosses such as Mom).
- Book of ShadowsUpon use, creates a protective shield nullifying all types of damage for 10 seconds.
- The Book of SinSpawns a random pickup, pill, card, or trinket.
- Crack the SkySummons multiple beams of light in random locations around the room, dealing a large amount of damage to any enemy that touches them.
- Deck of CardsGives Isaac a random Tarot Card.
- Explosive Diarrhea Pill
- The GamekidUpon use, turns the character into a into a Pac-Man-like creature for 5 seconds, granting invulnerability, inflicting fear on all enemies, and replenishing half a red heart container for every two enemies killed.
- The HourglassUpon activation, enemies and their projectiles are slowed down for a short duration.
- Kamikaze!Creates an explosion in the same area as Isaac, dealing half a heart of damage to him and also damaging all enemies caught in the blast radius.
- Lemon MishapCreates a small yellow pool of creep, which damages enemies that cross it.
- Lemon Party Pill
- Mom's Bottle of PillsGives Isaac a random pill, and will cause him to drop any held Q-slot item (If any). The player will only receive six different pill types in one playthrough.
- Mom's BraUpon use, petrifies all enemies in the current room for approximately 4 seconds.
- Monstro's ToothMonstro jumps onto a random enemy, doing area damage. Can damage/kill the player if summoned in an room without enemies.
- Mr. BoomDrops a large bomb.
- My Little UnicornUpon use, grants invulnerability and increased speed for five seconds, removing the ability to shoot tears and replacing it with the ability to deal contact damage to enemies.
- The NailAdds one soul heart and allows the breaking of rocks and damaging enemies by simply walking over them. Increases damage and decreases speed. All effects except for the Soul Heart wear off upon leaving the room.
- The Pinking ShearsSeparates Isaac's head and body for the current room. Isaac's head, which now has flight, will be under the player's control, while his body will seek out enemies to attack by contact damage.
- Satanic BibleUpon activation, Isaac gains a black heart.
- Shoop Da Whoop!Fires a laser from Isaac's mouth.
- Tammy's HeadShoots 10 tears in a circle around Isaac, which retain the damage, shot speed, and special effects (such as poison) of Isaac's tears.
- TeleportTeleports you to a random room on the level.
- We Need to Go Deeper!Creates a trapdoor to go to the next floor. If used in The Womb, it will create a trapdoor to Sheol, even if the player hasn't unlocked it.
- Yum HeartRestores 1 whole red heart.
- Wooden NickelWhen used, has a 50% chance to drop one random type of coin (penny, nickel, or dime).
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Dead Sea Scrolls are a collection of some 981 Hellenistic-period manuscripts found within caves on the north shore of the Dead Sea.
- The pickup quote "It's a mystery" references the item's effect as well as the fact that the real Dead Sea Scrolls are so tattered and eroded, reading them can prove impossible.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Seeds[edit | edit source]
F43S KR89 (First floor treasure room)
A6LG ZWMS (First floor treasure room) (Hard mode only)
VWS3 S0RR (First floor treasure room)
379H KSTA (First floor treasure room; Curse of the Unknown)
ATJJ HNDJ (First floor treasure room)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|